Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-198.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4287587)
Motorbeam comparo -
Verdict - Brezza is better as a family car. Nexon is funky, comfortable and value for money. Ecosport is the driver's car of the three.

So today I learnt that being "Funky, Comfortable and Value for Money" doesn't make a Family Car. clap:

Funny because my small nuclear family liked the Nexon Very Much.

They forgot to mention which had the best gear knob.

Since there was limited feedback around the Petrol Variant of the Nexon, thought of sharing this post I came across on another forum.

Quote:

Went into get a Test drive of Nexon Diesel with a colleague to Chambal Tata, Kota, Rajasthan.

...Dealer experience was good. We directly went onto check the car, a lady SA quickly came to assist us. Thereafter I sat in the car to check out the space, quality and let me say that it is a brilliant car. Much better quality interiors than my Ecosport. I felt soft plastics on dashboard and door pads. There were hard plastics on the non-contact places. Rear seat was spacious and comfy, leg room was 90% of Ecosport's. (Doubt: I have heard that Soft and comfy seats aren't good for long hauls. Experienced the same in an i10 which has soft cushioning.) Headroom was an issue for my 6'4" friend, both at front and back.

...Finally, the TD vehicle arrived and we went for a drive. My colleague was driving the car and SA was describing the features etc. Now comes the surprise, Then I asked the SA to give a TD for petrol Nexon too. He replies that, "Sir, this is the petrol Nexon." And I was like how can this be poor performer as per all the online forums!! Because what I could judge from the passenger seat, I found it to be a very capable engine. I again confirmed with him twice if it was really a petrol Nexon and he was positive and said they don't even have a diesel TD vehicle yet. I was instantly sold on the car. Then my colleague said that it is not responding as quick as his i10 at home does, to which SA replied that he was driving in Eco mode and should switch to Sport mode. I was surprised even more. Later, I took to steering and was reaffirmed of this car's capability. It has outshown my expectations. Only grouse is that engine noise was a little too intrusive. It could have been made to sound sporty.

Another surprise: I came back very happy from showroom with a quotation for Petrol XM Red Nexon but my happiness was very short lived. After driving Nexon, I found my 1.5 diesel Ecosport sluggish. ES feels like driving Nexon in Eco mode. I feel like being shortchanged by Ford.

When this 3 cylinder turbocharged petrol engine can perform better, I don't know what will Nexon's diesel will do to my Ecosport.
Source: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/fo...tml#post551198

https://youtu.be/aNp82pnQzhY
The Tata Nexon commercial

Performance apart, the one thing that a person who likes petrols over diesels will complain about is the NVH. For those of us who drive diesels, the petrol will not sound out of place. But for one who has always used (more/ mostly) petrols, this particular petrol will sound noisier. Tata should have got the 4-cyl engine, and I think this is the only flaw I can see in another wise really good car.

Btw, wonder where is our official review. We have already got all details, we have got feedback from many people, many people have taken TD's, some even taken deliveries. The review will be exhaustive no doubt, but having pretty much got all details, the one part I am waiting for is the driving impressions that our mod has, especially with that fine perception he has about car behaviour. Mods, bring it on. It wont be a moment too late.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobydick1983 (Post 4288063)

I found the TV Advt. to be boring, uninspiring and far from the league of the amazing Safari commercials.

This whole perception that all Millennials do is just keep clicking pictures of anything and everything all the time is stupid. There is hardly any emotional pull in the Advt. Thumbs down for this one. Hope they come up with a better one. The recent Kodiak Advt is simply brilliant, loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4288088)
Btw, wonder where is our official review....

GTO had stated a few days ago that it is in the works and should be out by Diwali! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4288088)
Performance apart, the one thing that a person who likes petrols over diesels will complain about is the NVH. For those of us who drive diesels, the petrol will not sound out of place. But for one who has always used (more/ mostly) petrols, this particular petrol will sound noisier. Tata should have got the 4-cyl engine, and I think this is the only flaw I can see in another wise really good car.

I have found turbo petrols irrespective of manufacturers to be noisier and 3 cylinders(instead of 4) add to the humdrum even more. Now Nexon has a turbo petrol that is a 3 cylinder as well. It is quite an achievement that the engine sounds decent in this configuration (people who have used the boosterjet or the eco boost will agree). Now era of NA petrols is fast nearing an end and the manufacturers are filling in the portfolios with turbo petrols of which the lower end (1-1.2liter) capacities are mostly 3 cylinders. Hyundai T-GDI, Suzuki Boosterjet, Ford Ecoboost and GM Ecotec all point in that direction. Tata Revotron should not be an exception here as it is in line with the overall industry direction. Of course, we can do well to forgive Tatas for being slightly ahead of time in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek (Post 4288121)
I found the TV Advt. to be boring, uninspiring and far from the league of the amazing Safari commercials.

This whole perception that all Millennials do is just keep clicking pictures of anything and everything all the time is stupid. There is hardly any emotional pull in the Advt. Thumbs down for this one. Hope they come up with a better one. The recent Kodiak Advt is simply brilliant, loved it.

While it is true that the ad lacks emotional appeal, I think Tata is trying to appeal to young customers who would connect more with this lifestyle. The Kodiaq is a premium product and the emphasis on historical events will appeal to more mature buyers. The Hexa ad was on similar lines but more mature.

Mod Note: Our Nexon Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobydick1983 (Post 4288063)

I dont find anything wrong with this commercial given the fact, it is to attract the youths :)
Definitely, this is not in the leagues of Safari. I think, it would be a tough job for anyone to match those Safari commercials ["The Lines"].

BTW, I think, its the same voice that we used to hear in "The Lines".

Prem.