Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2015, 22:15   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh

Toyota has launched a Limited Edition of the Corolla Altis called-Well..'Corolla Altis Limited Edition'. Changes include
  • Smart Link Infotainment Systems with hand and gesture controls (I think this was also part of the Etios Limited Edition recently?)
  • illuminated Scuff Plates
  • Puddle Lamps with Toyota Logo.
  • Wood Finish Trim
  • Limited Edition Badges.
  • Price: 14.68 L for the Petrol and 16.01 L for the Diesel.

Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh-toyotacorollalimitededition2015india2e1447661207482.jpg

Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh-toyotacorollalimitededition2015india41021x611.jpg

Source: GaadiWaadi

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 16th November 2015 at 22:17.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 22:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Toyota Introduces Corolla Altis-Limited Edition

That's how I exactly feel when I see this. A company which came up and made two airbags standard across their range of cars retails the most popular D-segment sedan with just 2 airbags. I would have been glad if they added some more safety features (6 airbags and ESP). They could have learnt from Skoda who added two more airbags (despite of the car already having 6!) to the recently launched Octavia limited edition.
Old 16th November 2015, 23:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Looking at the pic this is to boost sales of the lower G variant. The alloys belong to the G. Majority of the Altis I have seen are VL petrol CVT.

The G has good discounts as well and this limited edition is based on that G trim level.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 02:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
That's how I exactly feel when I see this. A company which came up and made two airbags standard across their range of cars retails the most popular D-segment sedan with just 2 airbags. I would have been glad if they added some more safety features (6 airbags and ESP). They could have learnt from Skoda who added two more airbags (despite of the car already having 6!) to the recently launched Octavia limited edition.
+1 to that - I have been waiting to buy D segment car - and the only qualm with Altis is that it doesn't have ESP and more than 2 airbags for a D SEGMENT CAR!! Why are they doing such cheap savings in this segment? Now I am confused - with Octi's service scaring me and Toyota's safety and tinny build... Renault Fluence is great but again, not as running in the market as the Altis or Octi is. confused!!
car_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 06:06   #5
Team-BHP Support

well to me , this looks to be a competitive prices by Toyota standards I am equally surprised how Toyota has been able to keep prices within 30 % of what these were a decade back , I remember having paid something around 11 Lac in 2004 for a higher variant without powered seats & ABS

Quote:
Toyota's safety and tinny build
Don't worry on the built , I can personally vouch for this . Was in a big crash - heads on with a Tractor trolley on NH1 at high 3 digit speeds in Year 2006 , almost complete front had to be rebuilt & I walked out without a scratch , paid over Rs 5 Lac for repairs at that time and the car has done over 2,5 Lac Km since then , my mother still prefers to use it for rear seat comfort . you just can't go wrong with these ones .

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th November 2015 at 06:19.
Turbanator is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 18:06   #6
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh

Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh. Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 23rd November 2015, 19:07   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_cr View Post
+1 to that - I have been waiting to buy D segment car - and the only qualm with Altis is that it doesn't have ESP and more than 2 airbags for a D SEGMENT CAR!! Why are they doing such cheap savings in this segment? Now I am confused - with Octi's service scaring me and Toyota's safety and tinny build... Renault Fluence is great but again, not as running in the market as the Altis or Octi is. confused!!
Haha. Can totally relate to your dilemma. Throwing a couple of other options in the mix-

Jetta- More expensive than Octavia; marginally better ASS than Skoda (I assume, though i don't think so. I went for a test drive of Jetta's top model, the most expensive Volkswagen car in India, and neither did i receive a test drive nor a single call following up when it could be available)- Not worth 25lakhs at all.

Cruze- Outdated, bad rear seat

Hence, i ended up picking the City. I am hoping the D-segment will have some better cars in a years time when I can explore it again. The new Civic looks quite dishy
Old 25th November 2015, 17:11   #8

I had the same dilemma and finally picked up the GL version in Aug this year . The car is a beauty , have a city too at home but now after driving the Altis I can't drive the city to work . It's safe , reliable , non fussy and of course belongs to the next segment .

The limited edition stuff is a gimmick as per me , don't fall for these time bound freebies . Just go by the gut .

Corolla is the highest selling car in the world for some reason which goes beyond airbags and ESP.
Old 25th November 2015, 17:43   #9
BHPian

Re: Toyota Corolla Altis Limited Edition launched at Rs. 14.68 lakh

Stuck with a 88hp engine, it's basically window dressing. I really like this car from every other point of view. Just the engine doesn't seem to be enough to have fun. I am sure it's great at sedate speeds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks