Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:10   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Cars India wraps up BS-IV dispatches in December.

Link
What does this exactly imply. Does it mean the Honda has no stock whatsoever of any 2019 BS4 model anywhere in the country.

I seriously doubt that or am I missing something..
Old 2nd January 2020, 02:15   #422
Team-BHP Support

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What does this exactly imply.
It means Honda has stopped production of BS4 models and the last ones have been dispatched to dealerships. These low numbers can be easily sold across India by March 31st. Same way, Toyota has probably reduced/ stopped the production of BS4. Low numbers from December points to that.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:53   #423
Senior - BHPian

re: BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023

Quote:
What does this exactly imply. Does it mean the Honda has no stock whatsoever of any 2019 BS4 model anywhere in the country.

I seriously doubt that or am I missing something..
Honda and Toyota too hinted that they are running low on BS4 stocks.

Maybe this is the case or they are trying to hint that there may be no distress sales and no discounts. Stockyards will give the real info.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 18:02   #424
Senior - BHPian

Well, Honda just updated their discount offers for January 2020. It seems all 2019 models are still available with hefty discounts. Please see https://m.hondacarindia.com/offers
Old 2nd January 2020, 18:45   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, Honda just updated their discount offers for January 2020. It seems all 2019 models are still available with hefty discounts. Please see https://m.hondacarindia.com/offers

Does this mean the 2020 1.2L models (Amaze/Jazz) are BS6 now?
Need a confirmation for Jazz CVT if its BS6 (if not, when would it launch)?

Likely that Honda will not bring the new Jazz to India and we will see minor modifications to this going forward.
Old 2nd January 2020, 19:20   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Does this mean the 2020 1.2L models (Amaze/Jazz) are BS6 now?
Need a confirmation for Jazz CVT if its BS6 (if not, when would it launch)?

Likely that Honda will not bring the new Jazz to India and we will see minor modifications to this going forward.
I think this is the 2019 left over stock, it will be BS4 only, hence the discounts. Only the Honda City has been announced in BS6 version as on now.
Old 4th January 2020, 16:22   #427
Senior - BHPian

I got my Hector's RC today. The RC is still stamped with registration valid till : 2034 ( 15 years). Mine is a diesel.

So does that imply the SC ruling isn't set in stone ? Or the Transport department just doesn't care to make the necessary change and start registering diesel cars for only 10 years as mandated?

Last edited by coolkurt : 4th January 2020 at 16:31.
Old 4th January 2020, 19:03   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I got my Hector's RC today. The RC is still stamped with registration valid till : 2034 ( 15 years). Mine is a diesel.
If the registration address is of NCR (Noida/Gzb/Fbd/Ggn), you will still get it for 15 years. Catch is, you cannot drive that car in delhi after 10 years. This is what i understand.
Old 6th January 2020, 00:26   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
The RC is still stamped with registration valid till : 2034 (15 years). Mine is a diesel.

So does that imply the SC ruling isn't set in stone ? Or the Transport department just doesn't care to make the necessary change and start registering diesel cars for only 10 years as mandated?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
If the registration address is of NCR (Noida/Gzb/Fbd/Ggn), you will still get it for 15 years. Catch is, you cannot drive that car in delhi after 10 years. This is what i understand.
From what I understood from my dealer in NCR, reducing registration period to 10years will lead to reduction in LTT receipt for the RTO deptt. So, it is not changed and full LTT is being charged. But most likely the diesel vehicles with age more than 10years will be fined by traffic police in NCR citing SC ruling, similar to sun-film ban.

And getting refund of remaining LTT from RTO at that point is nearly impossible for common man, so money will alwa remain with them.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 07:19   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
And getting refund of remaining LTT from RTO at that point is nearly impossible for common man, so money will alwa remain with them.
There is another aspect as well. The power to fix the age of a vehicle lies with the the Central Government and provision of cancellation of registration has also been laid down in the motor vehicle act, so the government argues. The SC has accepted the government's petition against the NGT blanket ban. The government has requested private vehicles, defence vehicles, tractors and school buses be exempted.

So there is still a chance, albeit a small one, that the court rules in the government's favour. They are still collecting the fees as per 15 years, and it's only due to this petition that there haven't been any petitions against the government still overcharging car buyers.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:57   #431
Senior - BHPian

BS6 / BSVI emission norms coming in April 2020! EDIT: BS6 Phase II coming in April 2023-img_20200106_192653.jpg
Image Credit : Anthony Hearsey.

That is a visualisation of the areas effected by Australian bushfires in which 50 crore animals have died & 50 Lakh hectares of land has been affected.

Think it doesn't affect/concern us ?

How about the fact that the carbon emissions from this fire will probably off-set India's efforts of moving to BS-6 emission norms by many many years. Possibly decades.

All the premium prices that Indian citizens will be paying for ICE cars, has possibly been offset by the carbon emissions of this Australian bushfire.

India has a massive fiscal deficit and we're still forcing our fellow citizens (& consumers) to move to BS-6.

This post isn't about whether we should or shouldn't move to BS-6, but it's definitely a travesty that the world isn't laying a penalty on countries that don't manage their carbon emissions prudently.

Also, this was NOT a forward. I have written this myself and am open to being corrected if you have any information that proves otherwise.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 6th January 2020 at 21:19.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 21:52   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
India has a massive fiscal deficit and we're still forcing our fellow citizens (& consumers) to move to BS-6.
While much of the noise in the first world is about facing a threat in the future with respect to climate change, in India it is very much a current threat - the fall of air quality to abysmal levels.

We could have kept going for some more time in the current BS4 era with just one law being enforced strictly: Emission tests, where owners who maintained their engines without oil consumption, not emitting blue/black/white smoke were rewarded with extension of lifetime while those that doesn't pass the test sent to scrap. Nope, not happening.

Drop down a gear or two, push engine to healthy RPM and drive- nope, will still drive in my style - says the HCV driver. Long truck drivers are better educated about this, buses are the worst.

An Inter-city Volvo or Scania with an indicated 6.5 hour travel time loses 1 hour in the urban crawl and to compensate that - pedal to metal.

Calculate the fuel that is this inefficiencies: burnt in idling, urban crawl and in toll booth delays - tropical country, hence can't switch AC off while waiting; and this would wipe out any gains moving to BS6.

There is no clear policy from planners about what our projected population in the cities will be, say, 2030 in Bangalore and what kinda transport system is feasible for that. We just keep improvising - the same way clauses are added to the original constitution but requirements far surpass the built-up infrastructure.

I fully subscribe to the thought process in the thread called 'mechanical empathy' in this forum; without adequate infrastructure, I simply do not feel like stressing my machines anymore in this accelerate-shift-brake-downshift-accelerate-brake madness.
ramzsys is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 22:31   #433
Senior - BHPian

The auto industry hasn't hit the bottom yet; that will happen post BS 6 April Fools Day 2020. Whether BS 6 cleans up the environment or not, it'll surely clean up the contents of one's wallet in guise of SCR, DPF etc... The April Fools this year will be the buyers of cars!
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 13:09   #434
Distinguished - BHPian

BS-VI rollout - Global car brands lead the way!

- Maruti has converted eight of its 13 models

- Hyundai introduced of its new models – Grand i10 Nios and Elantra – with BS-VI engines. The compact sedan Aura, which the Delhi-based company showcased recently, will be launched with BS-VI engines this month

-Honda has launched the City, Civic and CR-V with BS-VI engines.

- Toyota has launched a complaint Innova Crysta.

-Tata Motors, has not yet launched a BS-VI version

- M&M, the sports utility vehicle (SUV) market leader, launched the BS-VI variant of the XUV300. No other models have been upgraded as of now.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2020, 07:36   #435
BHPian

New information has come to light which says that during DPF regeneration the emission norms are being breached by almost 100% . Wonder what our NGT will do with this information

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-ne...issan-quasqai/
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks