Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your Car of the Year 2015?
Renault Kwid 692 29.28%
Datsun GO+ 3 0.13%
Ford Figo 140 5.92%
Tata Bolt 45 1.90%
Ford Aspire 153 6.47%
Maruti Baleno 330 13.97%
Honda Jazz 101 4.27%
Mahindra TUV300 109 4.61%
Renault Lodgy 7 0.30%
Maruti S-Cross 122 5.16%
Hyundai Creta 557 23.57%
Chevrolet Trailblazer 6 0.25%
Mercedes CLA-Class 50 2.12%
DC Avanti 10 0.42%
Land Rover Discovery Sport 38 1.61%
Voters: 2363. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2015, 19:17   #256

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2015. EDIT: It's the Renault Kwid!

My first post on Team-BHP & that also for Car of the year 2015. Lucky I am!!!

Voted for Kwid, Looks good, spacious, and loaded with features in entry segment. Bravo Renault! Though I think they need to advertise aggressively.

Second choice is Creta, amazing drivability. Loved it, selling in good numbers too. But, It is overpriced IMO. (But numbers show, people are OK with the prices)
Old 17th December 2015, 00:22   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
First - I never said the build quality is doubtful, I said, some members have felt so.
I am one among those members, and the build quality of Aspire IS poor to say the least. Of course please do note that I've nothing to say about safety, let us leave that to the tests as and when they are done, what I mean to say is that the plastic quality is hollow & rough at certain places, the door-cards flex like no car I've ever seen before, the roof fabric also bends way too much for comfort not to mention several panel gaps/minor protrusions in the exterior.

I recently drove an EcoSport and I'd say this is THE Ford to go for, even if its about a couple of lakhs more than Aspire. Its build & quality are obvious from first inspection. The door shut, try the Aspire & EcoSport back to back and it'll be all too obvious, the mini-suv even puts Polo to shame on the haptics department. Punto & EcoSport top my list in terms of that solid old-school car feel.
dark.knight is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 11:56   #258
BHPian

Hyundai Creta is my pick. Safe, sturdy and a step ahead. Hyundai has this knack of trimming the gap between segments. This one was the most awaited, anticipated and followed releases; though the pricing was a bit of a disappointment.

Looks like Renault-Nissan stole a leaf from the Hyundai books with Kwid - they gave what the Indian market wanted!!! If there is a second vote for me, it goes to Kwid.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 13:52   #259
Senior - BHPian

Voted for the S-Cross as it is unlike any Maruti I have seen. Sorry if this has been answered already but why is the Abarth Punto not on this list?
Old 17th December 2015, 14:37   #260
BHPian

I'd go with the Creta. A thoroughly modern car and the segment best.

I feel, except for the looks, there is not much going for the Kwid. And the dealbreakers - safety, turning radius etc - are unpardonable.

I am unhappy with the Kwid leading the poll. Shows how the country still loves cheap stuff. We have enough and more "cheap" cars around, and not many quality cars. Kudos to Hyundai for NOT giving us another cheap, mediocre car.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 15:34   #261
BHPian

During October, my boss wanted to buy another car & we discussed T-BHP suggestions. Compared pros & cons of Hyundai Creta, Maruthi Suzuki S-Cross, Ford Eco Sport diesel and Renault Duster 4WD. He zeroed in on Hyundai Creta, however, i vote for S-Cross.
Though its not a head turner, it gets a pat for its 1.6L diesel, smart interiors, great mileage and helps Maruthi to come out of the cheap car image to some extent. However the sales is yet to pickup as they decided to sell it only in the premium showrooms "Nexa". Infact,we went to ABT Maruthi in Chennai asking for a TD & surprised to know they dont have their NEXA showroom yet & hence they could not start selling S-Cross.
Old 17th December 2015, 17:42   #262
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Voted for Creta. Considered Kwid also, but Creta is a runaway success whereas Kwid, I believe, would struggle to make decent numbers.

Maruti surprised me this year by launching S-Cross and Baleno. The styling is still evolutionary rather than revolutionary and S-cross pricing was botched up. But still liked the effort made by Maruti to break out of the mould and do something different than hashing out same-old hatches in entry level segments.

Mahindra, on the the other hand, has gone down the drain this year with the TUV300.

The Figo siblings and the upcoming Endy are promising.
Old 17th December 2015, 18:52   #263
Senior - BHPian

The Figo twins surpass Baleno. I know Figo is x2 but still both are essentially same car with and without boot. Had there not been one of the product among Figo and Aspire, I would see one of the Figo easily surge past Baleno.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 18:56   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Voted for the S-Cross as it is unlike any Maruti I have seen. Sorry if this has been answered already but why is the Abarth Punto not on this list?
Abarth Punto would be considered an Engine variant, I think.
Old 17th December 2015, 19:15   #265
BHPian

Voted for new K(W)ID on the block for reasons as below
1. Look : Big,Bold and Beautiful
2. Spacious : can compete with car of next segment
3. Good to drive : balanced ride and handling . Renault's DNA intact !
4. Price : bang in Alto's territory and when above 3 points considered , money well spent !
5. Last but not least : fuel efficient ! City : ~ 15-16 KMPL / Highway : ~ 21-22 KMPL ( source : feedback from some owners )
vishnana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2015, 20:53   #266
BHPian

Tough fight between the heart and mind for Creta and Kwid. Being in the market for B segment hatch, both are really out of contention in terms of buyer preference.

A segment higher car tugging at the heart is known, but a car 2 segments lower? Thats new for me as a petrol head. I visit a Hyundai Dealership every other day due to work, but still have spent more time in the Renault Showroom figuring out how they could fit everything in small car within this price??

Give me some more spare cash- I will buy a Kwid. Also voted for it.
Old 17th December 2015, 21:15   #267
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I'm quite glad to see that the Datsun GO+ has finally got off the mark!

Getting out for a duck would have been seriously embarrassing for any car (and its manufacturer) on a poll like this, with easily over a thousand members having cast their vote so far.

Seriously, the GO+ is not a bad car, after Datsun/Nissan made amends by using stronger structural steel and providing an airbag, even if only as an option on the top variant. The use of steel with better structural strength is what they claim, and it may be true if one considers the ASEAN-NCAP test result of the GO.

The car is quite good value-for-money. I only wish they had made the driver airbag standard on all variants, with additional safety features being optional on the top variant.

So, one Renault-Nissan Alliance product is simply running away with the poll, extending it's big lead with every passing day. Another product from the same Alliance has just managed to get off the mark finally. Very interesting!
Old 18th December 2015, 15:00   #268
Senior - BHPian

Clearly no car that is an outright choice this year. voted for the Kwid since it has sort of redefined the entry level hatchback segment by a big way! I mean the Alto is ruling that segment for more than a decade now and even the EON coudnt unseat it from the top. I dont think even the KWID will do that, but it will surely make Maruti come up with something equally good and that is good for the consumer.
Apart from the Kwid, I didnt see any cars being game changers in their segment really. Creta? Yes, does look good, but is expensive as well and the duster / terrano twins offer much better ride if you are talking about ride quality being one of the top parameters in a cross over. I really thought the ford twins--Aspire / figo came a close second, in terms of a offering a very good looking car with fantastic engines and dual clutch box options. But are they game changers, may be not. The Polo has the TSI which is just the best under 10lakhs, the i20 elite looks good too!
Old 18th December 2015, 15:35   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Tough choices this year. But my vote goes for the Kwid for its distinctive styling and VFM pricing and features at that price. Its micro SUV looks is sure to strike a chord in our SUV crazy country. Duster has taken the Renault brand to every corner of the country, so the Renault badge is not an unknown entity in people's minds anymore. Would love to see a car maker take the fight to Maruti in its home turf : The A segment hatch.
Old 18th December 2015, 16:01   #270
BHPian

Tough to choose between Kwid and Figo Aspire, Kwid deserves car of the year accolade because it has taken on competition in the entry level hatchback segment very strongly and this was much needed.

Tata Nano could never threaten Alto, Eon which made Maruti more than relaxed on refreshing their entry level line up across all these years. Renault has a strong consumer base riding on the success of Kwid to build goodwill and reputation amongst buyers as a brand and hopefully after sales service would at least meet customer expectations positively as far as possible.

I voted for Figo Aspire for being a proud owner of one and the all round balance of features, performance, economy, looks and above all safety which ticked all the boxes of my requirements and one has to agree for the fact that after Ford made minimum 2 airbags standard across all variants, most major competitors had to start offering it in their new and existing hatchback/compact sedan cars which is a good change for customers irrespective of brands.

I did not want to miss the joy of driving a peppy engine while wishing for decent mileage and also did not want to be overwhelmed with gadgets and touch screens against the practicality of other small but convenient features offered with this car.

I am particularly impressed with the regular service feedback and survey calls from Ford which has inspired confidence in me for the brand. No major complaints with the dealer yet and I was given prompt replacement for the music system head unit which had some issue with a visit by an engineer from Sanand Ford plant who came down to Pune to personally check on this problem and helped me close it out with the dealer.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks