Team-BHP - The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/171764-renault-kwid-1-0l-edit-launched-rs-3-83-lakhs-3.html)

Now if they add their newest arrival, the "Kaptur", it will be icing on the cake and cement their position in this league. Toyota at least for now seems to be settling for higher price, high quality and lower numbers game. Somehow I feel the duster update simply fell short of my expectations. Anyway will watch this space for the next six months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemanth.anand (Post 3942768)
Good going by Renault. This Dasara/Deepavali season should be very good for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSR (Post 3944306)
With the upcoming 1.0 litre engine & AMT option, the K(w)id is gearing itself up for a top 5 position on the monthly sales chart, after accomplishing the same for parent Renault. Let's not forget the new 1.0 litre 3-cylinder diesel engine that's being developed by Renault-Nissan, and what it can accomplish under the hood of the Kwid!

Spot on. The Kwid has busted the myth that Maruti-Suzuki's dominance in the entry level segment can never be challenged. Meanwhile, after the 1.0-liter SCe variant was spotted testing a few weeks back, the Kwid Easy-R has been caught testing now in Chennai.

The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-201604renault-kwid-easyr-1.jpg
The Renault Kwid 1.0L. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 3.83 lakhs!-201604renault-kwid-easyr-2.jpg

With Datsun unveiling its Kwid-based redi-Go and Renault announcing more bodystyles and models spun off the Kwid, the future looks brighter than ever for the Renault-Nissan alliance. With a series of flops and hopeless badge-engineered models, they were looking clueless a few years back. Their turnaround from such a position has been remarkable!

Source: http://anything-on-wheels.blogspot.i...t-spotted.html

Whenever I see any update in this thread, I feel like waiting for 1 litre engine. I had booked 6 months back. I was informed 2 weeks back by dealer that car is in transit and make the payment. I opted for Renault finance and loan got sanctioned in a week. Then the dealer says car has not arrived.:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952434)
Whenever I see any update in this thread, I feel like waiting for 1 litre engine.

I believe Renault isn't planning to launch the 1.0-liter SCe and the Easy-R variants before Diwali. If you can wait until then and don't need a car immediately, its better to wait a few more months and get the more powerful 1.0-liter Kwid. The mediocre 0.8-liter engine is probably the only negative aspect of the current Kwid.

Changed My Booking To New 1000cc KWID

I waited more than 6 months for Kwid. Now I finally decided to wait another few months for more powerful kwid. I emailed CRM of dealership about new kwid and was informed that launch would be in July/August. I confirmed him about my booking change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3961555)
Changed My Booking To New 1000cc KWID

I waited more than 6 months for Kwid. Now I finally decided to wait another few months for more powerful kwid. I emailed CRM of dealership about new kwid and was informed that launch would be in July/August. I confirmed him about my booking change.

Good move. Unless your primary and only objective out of the car is FE (and budget), the bigger engine makes much more sense. Check out the AMT version too once launched. The convenience it offers is amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 3961593)
Good move. Unless your primary and only objective out of the car is FE (and budget), the bigger engine makes much more sense. Check out the AMT version too once launched. The convenience it offers is amazing.

There were many posts/feedback about Kwid 800 CC not pulling well with load on inclines. Also there is a rumor that more safety features would be offered in 1000 CC kwid. So we decided to change the booking. I ended up buying Baleno and 1.6 S cross (yet to arrive) in last 6 months after booking kwid stupid: So I have decided to wait for new engine. I am not a fan of AMT. I have driven Alto, Celerio, Zest AMT's and the jerky feeling when you floor the pedal is irritating.

It's confirmed - Renault India will be launching the 1.0L Kwid in August itself.

Quote:

Renault India has confirmed to launch a new version of Kwid with a 1.0 L petrol engine in the month of August.

The present Kwid comes with a 800 cc engine and the company had confirmed the 1.0 L engine earlier at the 2016 Auto Expo in February. With the addition of the 1.0 L Kwid, Renault India is looking at expanding its market share to 5 % by the end of this year, claimed a PTI report.

Although official figures aren't out, we expect the 1.0 L engine to develop around 65 hp and deliver almost similar fuel-efficiency as the 800 cc engine. The 1.0 L engine is also expected to be paired to an AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) unit.
Financial Express

Unofficial bookings have started across select Renault dealerships, with deliveries promised by October 2016. (link)

ACI also reports that Renault is also prepping a new top variant for the Kwid, equipped with standard dual airbags, rear power windows and larger 14-inch alloys.

Confirmed - Renault India is all set to launch the Kwid 1.0L on August 23rd.

Quote:

Renault Kwid 1.0L can be booked on Paytm from 23rd August however deliveries likely to start from September 1st week.

The price range for the car will start from 3.10 lakhs to 3.90 lakhs ex-showroom Delhi and should be available as mid variant and top-end variants.
GaadiWaadi

Disappointed that they are not launching the AMT right now. I was waiting for the same. Well, the wait continues a bit more longer.

I just booked kwid rxt(o). The dealer says 1 liter may take 2 months minimum to arrive while 800cc is available off the shelf (grey colour top end alone), and other colours can be had within 20 days of booking.

I dont know if I have to change to 1 litre as this is just gonna be a beater(4th) car of my garage. The 800cc is good for 70kmph cruising. I dont buy the dual airbag logic as the kwid, being so structurally weak won't save you even with 6 airbags. I do like the 14inch wheels though.

Official bookings for the Renault Kwid 1.0L variant(s) are now open across all Renault dealerships, for a token amount of Rs 10,000. (link)

Deliveries are expected to start from early September.

800 CC Kwid has minimal waiting period now. I have seen lot of Kwid's in dealer yard which would be available without any waiting. Mangalore dealer has told me that they have couple of 1 litre Kwids in transit.

I already bought 800 CC Kwid in May. I took loan from Renault finance. Should I upgrade to 1.0 L? Agreement says I can't finish off the loan for first 6 months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4036956)
I already bought 800 CC Kwid in May. I took loan from Renault finance. Should I upgrade to 1.0 L? Agreement says I can't finish off the loan for first 6 months.

You seem to be making a lot of car purchases. :D But do you really need the additional power for the Kwid, given that fact that you have many other cars in the stable for highway duties when required?