Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2017, 17:44   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Abarths performance with JK tyres. I am sure Fiat owner will laugh like anything when he reads JKs on punto / Linea for a track and now lets not start a new debate that Alnac 4G are in similar price bracket

let me be more sympathetic by not replying further
Here you go again talking about something I have not even said anything against; LET THE TYRES BE! Or do you think the car will have less body roll with Apolo Alnac4gs? I am refering to autocar's mega track test 2016 here's a link: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-402973.aspx/0 nobody is bothered about wheelspin. Karthikeyan is talking about body roll two different concepts that you don't seem to be able to grasp.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 17th March 2017 at 17:48.
Old 17th March 2017, 21:47   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Okay kindly elaborate then.

It is known as body roll buddy and tyres are not going to change that. Let me make things easier: I agree with you that Baleno is overpriced, I am sorry I don't think the Punto is an Abarth.
Hi, while body roll is primarily associated with the stiffness of the suspension, tyres also play an important role - simplistically, higher sidewalls induce more flex, which makes the car roll more during high speed cornering. Low profile tyres have stiffer sidewalls thus reducing body roll around a corner.

Personally, I've seen that a GT TSI with Yoko S 205s rolls noticeably lesser than the stock Alnacs.

Last edited by d_himan : 17th March 2017 at 21:48.
d_himan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 10:23   #648
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh

Ishaan, Amit: I think whatever needs to be said in your arguments has been. Please quit the debate now. If you guys want to continue, take it offline or via PMs.

Thanks.

Mod Note: Our Baleno RS Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 20th March 2017 at 18:46.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks