Team-BHP - Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172596-mahindras-new-design-concept-xuv-aero.html)

Mahindra & Mahindra will be showcasing its most expressive vehicle till date - in form of XUV Aero - an SUV Coupe concept at 2016 Auto Expo in Greater Noida. This has been designed by its Indian design team.

Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero-mahindra-aero.jpg

The XUV Aero will be the show stopper among approximately 20 vehicles on display in the first of week by Mahindra & Mahindra. Pawan Goenka, executive director at Mahindra & Mahindra, in a chat with Economic Times said:

Quote:

Recognizing the importance of design, "We have seen one or two products fail because of that (design). The Indian customers like little bit of flamboyance, it would be little bit over the top. Some experts may say, M&M have gone overboard, I would say, yes M&M has gone overboard by design and not by accident."
The XUV Aero has been designed by a 45 member team with critical inputs from the Italian design firm Pininfarina which Mahindra recently acquired for Rs 1240 cr. Mahindra will also have a Design Studio at the Auto Expo to showcase what went behind the development of the XUV Aero. This will be an opportunity for design enthusiasts who either love or hate Mahindra's designs to understand in detail the thought process behind these designs and also understand more on the 'over the top' approach being adopted by Mahindra.

Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero-mm.jpg.jpg

Source: ETAuto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3897582)
Mahindra & Mahindra will be showcasing its most expressive vehicle till date - in form of XUV Aero - an SUV Coupe concept at 2016 Auto Expo in Greater Noida. This has been designed by its Indian design team.

The XUV Aero will be the show stopper among approximately 20 vehicles on display in the first of week by Mahindra & Mahindra.

Thanks for the information Rajeevraj.

In the present XUV, I liked the front styling but did not like that on the rear. The rear in this new concept looks very good. This shall be good for 5 people with good amount of boot space.

IMO, though the Indian customers like a bit of flamboyance, they will not welcome quirky designs by heart. The customers may still buy quirky designs because of other advantages of the car but they will still have an unpleasant feeling they had to unwillingly accept the quirky design because of other advantages of the car.

The sketch looks awesome. It looks like Evokeish range of XUV. I wish Mahindra Ananthan and her team for all product developments.

Do i see shades of BMW X6 GT here, suitably "indiansed" ? :)

But, yes, this will sell. It will be a segment buster in terms of fastback styling. There's no other product in India in this segment. Mahindra can get away with this for 15-16 lakhs OTR pricing. Threat to TML's HEXA? Yep.

Looks tantalizing and will prompt many Indian manufacturers to venture into this new segment. SUV Coupe concept, if properly developed, incorporating the SUVish ability with Sedanish comfort, is then going to be the new in-thing.

Nice design. A lot of cues from the X6 and the rear straight from the Ford Mustang! Love the way the it has shaped up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 3897589)
Do i see shades of BMW X6 GT here, suitably "indiansed" ? :)

Is there an X6 GT? I dont think so.
But yeah, this is Very anu malik'd from the X6.

But with those hips and shoulders, and two doors (yeah right), this'd be the size of the XUV, with the interior space of an 800. Too pinched, that waist.
Looks amazing, still.

Mahindra will be presenting a new SUV-Coupe concept at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo that has been named the XUV Aero. While Mahindra recently acquired famed design house Pininfarina, the XUV Aero is a concept that has reportedly been designed by Mahindra indigenously.

Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero-1.jpg

While the XUV Aero will be a star attraction, Mahindra will also be showcasing the Tivoli SUV by SsangYong. The Tivoli has been speculated for a launch in India and Mahindra has already started testing the car here. Mahindra is likely to divulge further details about the Tivoli's Indian market prospects at the event.

Mahindra will also showcase its electric vehicle portfolio, including the e2o sports, along with the company's range of commercial vehicles.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3897918)
Mahindra will be presenting a new SUV-Coupe concept at the 2016 Delhi Auto Expo that has been named the XUV Aero. While Mahindra recently acquired famed design house Pininfarina, the XUV Aero is a concept that has reportedly been designed by Mahindra indigenously.

This certainly has lot of similarities with the X6 due to the slanting roof line towards the back and the coupe style design. Hope they make it a reality...!

Thanks Rajeevraj, for this interesting item. Reminds one of that old adage - the more things change, the more they look the same. The fastback styling came to the fore with the Ford Capri & the Mustang in the early 70's and even earlier with the R-type Bentley. It continued making periodic re-appearances and continues with the BMW X6 today as highlighted by @arjab earlier in the thread. Also reminds one of that old Bachhan dialogue - from the film "Mahaan" I think - "Yeh dialogue bahut pit chuki hai, lekin jab bhi chali hai, hit rahi hai!"

Wow! Such an impressive job by mahindra designers. I do really hope mahindra puts this to production. Coupled with the 2.2l mhawk engine with a power bump will be a bombshell in the market. A 20 to 25 lakh pricing can be expected for this suv/coupe design as they have mentioned it as their flagship. I really hope and do wish mahindra all sucess in creating another blockbuster vehicle with a new segment.

Wow this looks better than any SUV Coupe that I've ever seen before including the first gen X6 :Shockked: Truly stunning. Although I guess most designs are that way in concept form. Mahindra's over the top styling actually suits this design very well. This evokes many firsts for me. First time I am loving an inherently ridiculous concept of an SUV Coupe, and this will also be the first time that I lust after a Mahindra product. First the quick response to the ban on large diesels then this, Mahindra definitely has got into a groove with the market's vibe. Good work :thumbs up

A somewhat disproportionately rounded and hump backed front portion in this design drawing.
And yes, there are shades of the X6 there, under the skin...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3898315)
A somewhat disproportionately rounded and hump backed front portion in this design drawing.
And yes, there are shades of the X6 there, under the skin...

Yes, you noticed it well.

It may not be so much disproportionately rounded in the production models. But there will be some flamboyant design. As Mr. Mahindra said, this will be by design and not by accident.

Recipe of XUV Aero

Ingredients
  1. X6
  2. XUV 500
  3. KUV 100
Method
Cook them until you have lots of arcs/circles on body. ;)

Feel free to improvise the recipe.