Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2016, 18:18   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai reorganizes Automatic Variants of Grand i10 and Xcent?

Happened to notice changes in the variants in which the Automatic Option is available for the Hyundai Grand i10 and Hyundai Xcent. This was in the product brochure on the official Hyundai India site.

The Grand i10 was earlier available only in the Asta trim. About a month back, Hyundai made the Driver Airbag standard across the Grand i10/Xcent Range (Related Thread) and also discontinued the Asta variant(As per website and brochure).

From the current brochure, the Grand i10 AT seems to be available in the Asta(O) as well as Magna variants. One major issue with the Grand i10 was the lack of ABS/Airbags in the AT Asta trim. With the AT being available in the Asta (O) trim, it means that one can buy a Grand i10 AT with safety features and in the top trim. The addition of AT in the lower Magna variant is also a welcome move as it comes with a Driver Airbag.

The official pricing does not seem to indicate the new variant changes. Considering the INR 75K premium Hyundai charges over the MT variant, the Magna should be ~5.95L and the Asta(O) ~7L Ex-Showroom Delhi.

Snapshot from the Grand i10 Brochure below:

Hyundai reorganizes Automatic Variants of Grand i10 and Xcent?-atgrandi10new.jpg

In the case of the Xcent, Hyundai has taken a step backwards. The Xcent AT was so far available in the top SX(O) variant. As per the brochure this is no longer the case, the Xcent AT is now only available in the S variant which is the 2nd variant. This variant gets a Driver airbag and ABS, but being a lower variant misses out on a lot of features. Again, no prices available, but looking at the S MT price, the Xcent S AT would be ~7L Ex-Showroom Delhi. This is a surprising move. Either the demand for the Xcent AT was low, or maybe they are making space for the i20 AT which is expected to be coming soon.

Snapshot from Xcent Brochure:

Hyundai reorganizes Automatic Variants of Grand i10 and Xcent?-atxcent.jpg

Not seen an official communication from Hyundai on this, hence the question mark in the thread title.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 6th May 2016 at 18:24.
Rajeevraj is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:25   #2
BHPian

Yes, these changes are true, with pristine blue colour for xcent also discontinued.
shravan2k2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 00:33   #3
BHPian

Re: Hyundai reorganizes Automatic Variants of Grand i10 and Xcent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

From the current brochure, the Grand i10 AT seems to be available in the Asta(O) as well as Magna variants. O

Not seen an official communication from Hyundai on this, hence the question mark in the thread title.
I think the Brochure is from 2013.

The file is titled "2013_Grand_i10_ebrochure".

The link on Hyundai India website is http://www.hyundai.com/wcm/upload_ww...0365167895.pdf.

Back then, the AT was available in Magna and Asta O trims IIRC.

Now whether Hyundai rejigged model lineup again, or we are stuck with a 3 year old brochure on their website, I don't know.

EDIT: Just discovered that the Xcent brochure is named "2014_Xcent_ebrochure".

Last edited by Yeldo : 7th May 2016 at 00:38.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 07:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I think the Brochure is from 2013.

The file is titled "2013_Grand_i10_ebrochure".

Now whether Hyundai rejigged model lineup again, or we are stuck with a 3 year old brochure on their website, I don't know.

EDIT: Just discovered that the Xcent brochure is named "2014_Xcent_ebrochure".

Yes, did notice that. But I believe it is a case of updating the brochure but not updating the name. Maybe they do not want the URL to break since it is probably referenced a lot in external sites. The first page of the grand i10 brochure calls it out as ICOTY 2014 and also calls out ' Driver Airbag Standard ' across variants. This is definitely a recent occurrence.

Same with the xcent brochure first page. Calls out the new 'Driver Airbag and ABS standard' feature. In addition pretty sure that the xcent AT has always been available only in the SX(O) variant since launch.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 12:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The first page of the grand i10 brochure calls it out as ICOTY 2014 and also calls out ' Driver Airbag Standard ' across variants. This is definitely a recent occurrence.

In addition pretty sure that the xcent AT has always been available only in the SX(O) variant since launch.
Definitely. The addition of standard driver airbag across all variants is a recent development.

As you mentioned, the Xcent A/T came only in the top spec Asta (O) variant. I know for sure as I almost bought one for my wife a year back.

EDIT: The Grand i10 brochure "2013_Grand_i10_ebrochure" is the latest one, and you were right, Sir.

It says Jan-Feb 2016. So that is settled now.

Last edited by Yeldo : 7th May 2016 at 12:27.
Yeldo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks