Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:29   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign

Looks like this new series of "Myth Conception" ad films is a big part of the campaign as well.

RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:49   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks like this new series of "Myth Conception" ad films is a big part of the campaign as well...
[/center]
These new ads are indeed well thought and neatly put up IMO. They are impressive. But sadly i don't think these will be of much help for Ford as of now. With Maruti and other players evolving rapidly and playing the game pretty strong Ford still has a very long way to go.
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:04   #63
BHPian

Awesome ads. I think Ford is going after the right issues with these ads. Even in my work place lot of folks still think Ford is expensive to maintain.
Now they need to one more. If people don't go to Ford showrooms then Ford need to go to people. Hold road shows.
Czarcarsm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 21:18   #64
BHPian

The problem with American and European players except Renault is that they do not look involved in the Indian market to the man on the street. Ford got a hit with Figo and then there was a lull.The did it again with EcoSport and again lull.There is just no continuity. There is no pipeline of models or clear roadmap in sight. There just is no devotion to the Indian market. China is a separate case where all the players are putting in their back as bang for the buck is more with the Chinese who are flush with cash are looking for the good life.
Carma2017 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 22:59   #65
AYP
Senior - BHPian

These are really thoughtful and intuitive ads. However, Ford should try to broadcast these ads on TV channels rigorously. Majority of the people still watch these ads on their television sets rather than online. They should take a cue from Maruti with their Swift and Baleno commercials. I don't see Ford commercials on TV quite often.

I hope people warm up to the Figo and the Aspire after looking at these ads. The Figo twins definitely deserve more sales.

Last edited by AYP : 22nd January 2017 at 23:00.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:59   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India has opened a new training center for it's authorised dealership technicians at Manesar, near Delhi.

This facility is Ford India's first independent training centre and it will be used to train their technicians on how to minimise costs involving repairs to Ford cars by using safe techniques and offering reliable but cost-competitive solutions.

Quote:
Ford has been able to achieve lower maintenance costs through strategic planning and incorporating the sub-assembly structure right from the concept stages of new product development. Also, sharing of parts across models and greater amount of localisation along with backward integration in terms of ancillary development has led to lower spare costs.

Ford has been working with the sub-assembly/child-part strategy right from the Ford Ecosport. Back then, only 200-odd parts were built in sub-assemblies and over the years the number has grown to about 850. What this helps is, in case a part fails, you could replace only a small child-part instead of changing the entire assembly. The costs involved, hence, are much lower.

Ford claims the service costs of the Figo hatch and the Aspire compact sedan are under 40 paisa per kilometre over 1,00,000 km. The EcoSport diesel will cost you about 46 paisa while the mighty Endeavour will cost you less than 80 paisa.
Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign-fordcapriexterior90055.jpg

Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign-fordcapriexterior90058.jpg

Ford rolls out a 200-crore brand transformation campaign-fordcapriexterior90059.jpg

Carwale
RavenAvi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 17:56   #67
DRC
BHPian

It is very interesting to see that Ford is showing to the world that they are taking note of the prevalent perception. Which is very good.

This must be followed up by customer experience at the dealerships. Otherwise, money spent at the top in this campaign does not translate into much.

I do not own a Ford, my nephew does. He had a tough time sourcing a blown accessory fuse for his Figo. The cost of the fuse is Rs.76. Its a non standard fuse, not available in the open market. Such designs easily spoil the goodwill build by campaigns. A standard blade fuse could have done the job equally well.
DRC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 21:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
He had a tough time sourcing a blown accessory fuse for his Figo. The cost of the fuse is Rs.76. Its a non standard fuse, not available in the open market. Such designs easily spoil the goodwill build by campaigns. A standard blade fuse could have done the job equally well.
I also went looking for a fuse for my Aspire last week and could not find it anywhere in the open market. Not surprising, since it's the rarely used Micro3 fuse. Finally I went to the Ford service centre and much to my surprise they didn't have it in stock either. They did not even know that the Figo/Aspire come with a fuse that is not the same as for the other Fords.

But they did tell me that a spare set of fuses are there in the First Aid kit that came with the car. Did not find one in mine though.

You can ask your nephew to check his First Aid kit for the fuses.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks