Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 16:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra's sub-4 meter Bolero. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 6.59 lakh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron_head View Post
......... no electric mirrors and not even a automatic day/night mirror!! Most of these are standard fare in lesser priced hatchbacks.......
Ah, well - for the dedicated hatch-back buyer, things like the Bolero will remain a mystery forever! As I said elsewhere, perhaps its something to do with the urge (again, nothing whatever wrong with this, mind you) to replace the current model with another clone (different brand!) every couple of years. Keeping in step with evolving technology, as I understand.

Last edited by shashanka : 21st July 2016 at 16:32.
Old 21st July 2016, 17:13   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Mahindra is going all guns blazing in the sub-4m SUV segment. In the hope of that 1 (or more) blockbuster hit(s). 2 new products, TUV, KUV followed by a rehashed version - NuvoSport. And now this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They need to chop-off only the bumpers to make it under-4m. The cabin and bonnet can be intact while doing so.

Now, since M&M is at it, can they do something to make Bolero look a bit modern than the decades-old design? (Original image: Indianautosblog)
Lol! Not gonna happen until Pigs start flying.
Old 21st July 2016, 19:50   #33
Senior - BHPian

I think the Bolero CS (Cut-Short) version will retain the core values of the Bolero, while making it cheaper and metro friendly. I expect that we will see the short bonnet from the MaxiTruck, redesigned bumpers to reduce the length as well as remove the gap (same reason the Thar got new bumpers), and a switch to the 1.5L triple with a lot less power and an almost perfectly flat torque curve. If this unit has the same torque characteristics as the old pre-M2DiCR Bolero, I'd be happy. That motor could go through the first three gears with no throttle input at all.

The current Bolero is horribly overpriced, and this should bring back the charm. At the moment, the base model TUV has more features than the full option Bolero and is priced a couple of lakhs less.

Throw in the "intelli-hybrid" system from the new Scorp, and it should even be eligible for a govt cashback scheme, which would definitely add to the value, and keep it out of the eyes of the NGT Axemen.

I hope that they come out with a 4WD option on this one too.
vivekgk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 22:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I think the Bolero CS (Cut-Short) version will retain the core values of the Bolero, while making it cheaper and metro friendly.....

The current Bolero is horribly overpriced, and this should bring back the charm.....

I hope that they come out with a 4WD option on this one too.
Agree with the mentioned points. However I am almost sure they won't be coming out with the 4wd version. For some reasons they didn't pass on the 4wd feature to BS4 version and restricted it within the LX 4WD which itself was a 'semi hidden' type of model meant for govt departments apart from the more crude DI 4wd version.
Kandisa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 16:41   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I think the Bolero CS (Cut-Short) version will retain the core values of the Bolero, while making it cheaper
If that's the case, Bolero-CS may have smaller tyres ( Less width ).
Bolero is not selling as it used to be and Mahindra might be looking to Tap in to Taxi segment with this version.

I don't see it getting features of TUV.
I wish they do not put stickers on this, will save them money and give a clean look to bolero.

Last edited by silverado : 22nd July 2016 at 16:45.
Old 29th July 2016, 13:34   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

New Mahindra Bolero likely to launch before September ?

President and Chief Executive, Mahindra & Mahindra explains,

Quote:
Bolero, being my king of rural and semi-urban markets, was impacted,” he says. Yet, things are a lot better this fiscal with the monsoons on time and the prospects for rural India brightening as a result.

Going forward, you will hear our response though I cannot talk about that now. The resurrection of the Bolero brand is happening soon enough before the monsoon season gets out.
Source
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Looks like Mahindra is going all guns blazing in the sub-4m SUV segment. In the hope of that 1 (or more) blockbuster hit(s). 2 new products, TUV, KUV followed by a rehashed version - NuvoSport. And now this.
Lol! Not gonna happen until Pigs start flying.
Once again, kudos to the Indian crab brigade. I'd have thought that the Bolero (albeit rather long in the tooth!) was streets ahead of the namby-pamby, wet-noodle, inverted jelly-mould street cred of the sub 4m sedan & hatch-back army!
Old 13th August 2016, 15:10   #38
BHPian

Whatever happened to this launch? All i see is seasonal offers for the present model.
Old 1st September 2016, 12:21   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you the upcoming mini-Bolero, dubbed as the "Power+"?

Mahindra's sub-4 meter Bolero. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 6.59 lakh!-mahindraboleropower.jpg
(Source)
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Are you the upcoming mini-Bolero, dubbed as the "Power+"?

To be honest, this does not look like a mini-anything, does it? It looks very much like the standard Boleros I see everyday!
shashanka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
To be honest, this does not look like a mini-anything, does it? It looks very much like the standard Boleros I see everyday!
Original Bolero is 4107mm in length. It is enough to shave off just 11cm, and Bolero bumpers are big enough for designers to play with.

Checking these images, I can see that the bonnet might have shortened, and the space between headlamps and wheel arches / the black strip is also gone.
Attachment 1551338
Attachment 1551337
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra's sub-4 meter Bolero. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 6.59 lakh!-mahindrabolerosideprofile.jpg  

Mahindra's sub-4 meter Bolero. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 6.59 lakh!-mahindraboleropower.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th September 2016 at 18:33.
romeomidhun is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 14:26   #42
BHPian

New Bolero will be launched on 12 September 2016, I have received a sms from Mahindra requesting a visit to the dealer on 12 September to check out the new Bolero.
wrongturn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 21:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Original Bolero is 4107mm in length. It is enough to shave off just 11cm, and Bolero bumpers are big enough for designers to play with. .........
Oops, my bad! Sorry for that - I guess the Bolero has been so long in the tooth that (unless there was a radical change in the design brief!) I did not spot the changes.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:27   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
New Bolero will be launched on 12 September 2016, I have received a sms from Mahindra requesting a visit to the dealer on 12 September to check out the new Bolero.
Would you be visiting the dealer? It'd be great to have some pics in case you go for the event.
Old 12th September 2016, 12:39   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

I got an SMS from my stock brocking firm that M&M has launched the new Bolero @ 6,59,000/- EX Navi Mumbai. Couldn't find any sites mentioning this yet.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Are you the upcoming mini-Bolero, dubbed as the "Power+"?...
The Bolero site lists a Power+ tab. The site is a mess currently. Almost nothing works about the product or price function.

Edit 2:

Works fine in IE (I was trying in Firefox before).

http://www.mahindrabolero.com/mahind...-plus-zlx.aspx

Mahindra's sub-4 meter Bolero. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 6.59 lakh!-bolero_.jpg

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 12th September 2016 at 13:04. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks