Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2018, 13:29   #256
BHPian

Re: Cyrus Mistry out : N Chandra in as Chairman of Tata Group

If Cyrus Mistry can somehow forge other small investors into Cyrus Investments, then the 18.3 could reach 1/4th (hopefully). Am sure a quarter of Tata shares owned by small/large investors as one, would make Tata a 3 tyred vehicle, i.e. 25 owned by Cyrus Investments. This man even cut off Shapoorji from Tata to avoid conflict & in the end got fired and I personally believe he had a stronger long term vision, being strictly apolitical here, I'm not even a shareholder, but a bystander.

Last edited by ajmat : 9th July 2018 at 14:12. Reason: minor typo
Old 9th July 2018, 15:15   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
If Cyrus Mistry can somehow forge other small investors into Cyrus Investments, then the 18.3 could reach 1/4th (hopefully). Am sure a quarter of Tata shares owned by small/large investors as one, would make Tata a 3 tyred vehicle, i.e. 25 owned by Cyrus Investments. This man even cut off Shapoorji from Tata to avoid conflict & in the end got fired and I personally believe he had a stronger long term vision, being strictly apolitical here, I'm not even a shareholder, but a bystander.
Does not look like that will be possible. If it was he would have already tried that by now for sure. Current ownership structure is such that all entities who own some decent share are either some Tata group company or trust or a members of the Tata family. He will not even be able to cross 20%. I am speaking from a practical point of view rather that what is possible on paper.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 15:26   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Does not look like that will be possible. If it was he would have already tried that by now for sure. Current ownership structure is such that all entities who own some decent share are either some Tata group company or trust or a members of the Tata family. He will not even be able to cross 20%. I am speaking from a practical point of view rather that what is possible on paper.
Yes i agree. Many cross holdings of Tata Sons from various holdings in other countries all designed to keep invaders at bay and power with the family only. A mix of Legislation & a topsy turvy business environment is what cyrus can hope for best to muscle through the same way Ratan did over the past 2 years with decent support from Bharat Sarkar. Now who knows whats in store over the next few years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks