Team-BHP - Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/184329-scoop-ford-figo-sports-variant-coming-up-edit-launched-rs-6-32-lakhs-4.html)

Price difference on ex-showroom price between a non Sports Titanium Figo is around 50,000/-, for both petrol and diesel .
For the Aspire petrol/diesel, it is 35,000/-

Prices taken from Carwale.com for non Sports Figo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACI

Ford Figo S, Aspire S: What’s new?

The Figo S gets new-look 15-inch alloys with 195/55-section tyres, blackened headlamps, a new honeycomb grille, two-tone paint shade, special decals on the exteriors and an all-back interior.

The Figo S carries forward the same features from the Titanium+ variant of the regular car. These include ABS with EBD, front, side and curtain airbags, automatic climate control, sync infotainment system with voice controls, electrically adjustable and foldable outside mirrors, reverse wiper and washer, etc.

On the other hand, the Aspire S gets the same 15-inch alloy wheel-tyre package; the wheels however are not painted black. The Aspire S also gets similar body graphics but comes with the same grille as the standard model. It however gets similar interiors as the Figo S along with the tweaked suspension.

Figo S is looking like a brilliant pick. Eagerly waiting to drive one.

^ Not sure how many airbags does Aspire have then. And the alloy is not the same, the pictures we have here show the 15" alloys from the 2014 Fiesta.

Interior pics of the Figo S.
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-20170417112035_c9ll0o_w0aapxmh.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-20170417112035_c9ll2gdwsaen5gr.jpg

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-20170417112035_c9ln2djwaaaiqi1.jpg

source

Proofreading is passe.

That car is obviously not the T+ trim (myDock is the obvious giveaway), plus the Figo and Aspire S get different alloys altogether, not just a color difference.

Yes it's based on the Titanium trim level and not the Titanium +. That means it gets only 2 airbags and no SYNC system with mykey. It's just a regular BT headunit with that phone dock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4183877)
Yes it's based on the Titanium trim level and not the Titanium +. That means it gets only 2 airbags and no SYNC system with mykey. It's just a regular BT headunit with that phone dock.

I was about to praise Ford for adding another trim level with 6 airbags {in addition to the top Titanium+ and Titanium(O)}, but if side & curtain airbags are absent, then it's quite sad! :Frustrati

Any idea if side & curtain airbags can be had as an option with the Figo & Aspire S variants, just like with the regular Titanium variants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSR (Post 4183891)
I was about to praise Ford for adding another trim level with 6 airbags {in addition to the top Titanium+ and Titanium(O)}, but if side & curtain airbags are absent, then it's quite sad! :Frustrati

Any idea if side & curtain airbags can be had as an option with the Figo & Aspire S variants, just like with the regular Titanium variants?

I think it can be as per the specs on the Ford website;

RSR, don't hold back the praise. Go ahead, praise them but optionally :D, because Side and Curtain Airbags are indeed an option in the Sports edition.
Source: https://www.india.ford.com/cars/figo...ts-edition-mt/
Quote:

Originally Posted by RSR (Post 4183891)

Edit: Saw tharian's post after I'd already posted this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 4183852)
Proofreading is passe.

That car is obviously not the T+ trim (myDock is the obvious giveaway), plus the Figo and Aspire S get different alloys altogether, not just a color difference.

MyFord Dock is not available in T+ trim. T+ has Ford Sync. myDock is for lower end models (Trend and Titanium). I think this is better - We can have a nice big phone / phablet with Google Maps.

Autocar's Drive Report is out & looks like its good news

Quote:

Enthusiasts will remember the Fiesta S and its razor-sharp handling that were a result of its reworked suspension. We’re happy to report the Figo Sports Edition comes with some suspension tweaks of its own to improve the handling. For starters, there’s a beefier anti-roll bar in the front which does result in a sharper turn-in and good mechanical grip in the front end. Then, there are the coil springs that have been re-engineered to make the car more chuckable. Push hard and turn into a sharp corner and the tail end will step out too – but just enough to keep things exciting and not suggest a loss of control.
Regarding the tyres

Quote:

The fatter 195mm tyres have made a difference too. The steering feel has improved a bit and grip levels around bends are better now. In fact, the wider tyres also keep a check on any unnecessary wheelspin under hard acceleration and help put the power down in a nicer way compared to the regular car’s 175mm rubber.
Looks like Ford may have a winner?

Seems to me that the figo s looks way better than the aspire s. The figo gets better looking alloys as compared to the aspire alloys that seems to be carried over from the earlier fiesta(classic),also the figo gets a wrapped roof .

Now waiting to test it out myself as to what kind of sports suspension package ford has provided.

Also saw ford mention something like "Secondary Clutch Switch", anyone has any idea what this is?

Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1o1 (Post 4184079)
Also saw ford mention something like "Secondary Clutch Switch", anyone has any idea what this is?
Regards

As far as my understanding goes "Secondary Clutch Switch" is present in the cars with Cruise Control facility. It disengages the Cruise Control the moment you touch the clutch pedal. VW cars have it, that's the reason its quite easy to set up CC even in Polo by buying third party accessories.

If you have read this for Figo, there should be Cruise Control in the car, which I am afraid is not the case.

Can you reconfirm if you have read of its presence in the document?

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by i74js (Post 4184118)
Can you reconfirm if you have read of its presence in the document?

They have mentioned it on their webpage about Figo Sports edition.

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-figo-sports.png

The hatchback looks great in this Sports edition, especially in white. The modifications all look great and nothing is overdone IMO. Only wish is that it should have been based on Titanium+ for a perfect package.

BTW, the black car gets a contrasting white roof as opposed to black on all other colours.

From the ACI review, it looks like Ford hasn't gone all out in terms of suspension. It would be good if the suspension tune is anywhere similar to what it was in the old Figo.

I think the black is the pick - check out the detailing on the alloys of the black!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rshanker (Post 4184075)
Autocar's Drive Report is out & looks like its good news
...Looks like Ford may have a winner?

This has seriously made me happy clap:
Finally, we have a proper Sports edition again! I was in such a dilemma. I was disappointed that there is no car in my budget that I'd really like to buy. I'd even shopped around for a used Fiesta S for long but no luck.

Ford has now made my day. My pick would be the diesel for its brilliant engine. Wish they'd tuned-up the Petrol engine too, but that's wishing too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 4184136)
I think the black is the pick - check out the detailing on the alloys of the black!

Yes it is. I wish they had launched the Blue and White version as well. Blue with a white roof/ORVMs and those black and white alloys would also look great!

^^
A true 'S' would have been the 1.5 petrol engine with a manual gearbox along with the features it has now.
I am not complaining since this is two of my favorite cars in one, almost. (The original S and the new Fiesta.)

I am looking at the Aspire S since I need the boot. The Baleno RS didn't cut it for me and I was on the wall regarding the Aspire diesel when I read about the S and the bigger wheels and the suspension are the right upgrades for it.

The only disappointment is that it is a diesel and I guess I have to convert if I go down this road.