Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2017, 16:21   #31
BHPian

Re: The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
That's probably because this car will almost never see anything more than a village road as far as off roading is concerned. RRs are capable offroaders but ding one wrong part and you're looking at a hefty bill.

Also, frankly these prices are just plain obscene! They may be great products but, if these prices on cartoq are accurate, they are asking for over 40L over an equivalent Q7. I'd rather get the Q7 and have enough spare to get an A3. And if a sporty feel is what i'm after, i'd rather get the new Cayenne, which i assume will be similarly priced AND more reliable.

Just my personaly opinion of course. Not that i have the funds to buy any car in this range!
Audi Q7 is 97 lacs on road and Cayenne is now 1.40 crs on road. Velar pricing is similar, not hugely overpriced compared to these two.
Old 9th September 2017, 16:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Audi Q7 is 97 lacs on road and Cayenne is now 1.40 crs on road. Velar pricing is similar, not hugely overpriced compared to these two.
These are in road. The velar prices are ex showroom.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 20:33   #33
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Velar spotted in Goa! Perhaps media drive happening there.

Source: http://www.goaonwheels.com/to-be-lau...potted-in-goa/
The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-velar1.jpeg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-velar2.jpg
PPS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2017, 21:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The RR Velar has been spotted by a Motoroids reader sporting different alloys, possibly a lower S/SE trim.

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-rangerovervelarspiedinindia5.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-rangerovervelarspiedinindia71000x565.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-rangerovervelarspiedinindia61000x565.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-rangerovervelarspiedinindia31000x565.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-rangerovervelarspiedinindia41000x565.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 12:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Range Rover Velar Launched

Starts at Rs. 78.83 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi)

Available in a 2.0 Petrol & Diesel Engines.

Range Rover Velar Details Revealed
  • The Velar sits between the Evoque and the Range Rover Sport.
  • The Velar has been launched in India and prices start at Rs. 78.83 lakh going all the way up to Rs. 1.37 crore.
  • Will be available in in three powertrains - two diesel and one petrol.
  • Diesel - 2.0-litre 4-cylinder churns out 177 bhp & a 3.0-litre V6 puts out 296 bhp. Petrol - 2-litre 4-cylinder that puts out 247 bhp.
  • Available in 5 variants (R-Dynamic, First Edition, S, SE and HSE variant).

Complete Price List

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-img_20171207_132700.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-img_20171207_132618.jpg

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-img_20171207_132518.jpg

Prices Source - ACI

Source

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th December 2017 at 14:10.
CarguyNish is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 13:43   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

It's a really desirable car but with the new price reductions across JLR, it seems overpriced by 15 lakhs. The CKD F-Pace is now at 60L. The Velar and F-pace are to JLR what the Vento and Rapid are to VW. Hence such a large price differential is not justified, I hope the Velar goes the CKD route soon too.

This might cannibalize the Range Rover Sport also to some extent.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 15:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
It's a really desirable car but with the new price reductions across JLR, it seems overpriced by 15 lakhs. The CKD F-Pace is now at 60L. The Velar and F-pace are to JLR what the Vento and Rapid are to VW. Hence such a large price differential is not justified, I hope the Velar goes the CKD route soon too.

This might cannibalize the Range Rover Sport also to some extent.
The 6 Pot Diesels are a good 13-14 lakhs costlier than its big brother the Range Rover Sport.
Old 7th December 2017, 18:35   #38
BHPian

Is this imported as CBD?

It costs $49,900 (Rs 32.2 lakhs) in USA.
UK prices are £44,830 (Rs 38.7 lakhs).
Old 7th December 2017, 20:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

This car is expensive everywhere, some versions overlapping with the Sport. The looks and cabin will ensure sales and it has no real rival to that end.The dashboard is totally unique and the design language is being introduced by this model.

I'm sure they won't be much attention to the Indian market, not enough volumes. The prices are high even for the exclusivity on offer.
Old 20th January 2018, 23:57   #40
BHPian

JLR officially launched the velar in India. Back in December they had started the bookings and going by the the statements the officials have been making, the response is pretty good. They are sold out till March. The range starts at 78.8lakhs and goes well above a crore.
Old 27th January 2018, 10:15   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Range Rover Velar - First Drive - Autocar India

A capable car but definitely overpriced when compared to its rivals.

Source - YouTube
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:59   #42
BHPian

Test Drove the Velar Today.
The car looked smaller in person. The exteriors and the interiors with the dual screen are it's main USP. The car though felt really hemmed in especially at the back. The 3 litre engine was a delight for my father but a difference 40 lakhs between that and the 2 litre engine kills the potential 3 litre buyers at a landing cost of 1.5 crores. The Range Rover Sport suddenly starts feeling Value For Money.
Attached Thumbnails
The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-a1b12dd7d15947deb3ae9348cb66a34f.jpeg  

The Range Rover Velar. EDIT: Now spotted in India!-78b5fa334ecf4c638cc431a65ad026d1.jpeg  

Raahil_23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:27   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The Range Rover Sport suddenly starts feeling Value For Money.
Yes, and 2017 MY have some deals as well, 10 Lac or so, but I found the dash on the sports very plain and the interior feels dated now. With this pricing, we will have a situation similar to F-pace which was sold with 25-35 lac discounts on CBU.

I think they are going too fast on launching models and importing large built-up units, they don't have enough customers or most guys are still afraid of spending so much on this brand which is known for wrong reasons in past.

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd February 2018 at 15:29.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 09:42   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, and 2017 MY have some deals as well, 10 Lac or so, but I found the dash on the sports very plain and the interior feels dated now. With this pricing, we will have a situation similar to F-pace which was sold with 25-35 lac discounts on CBU.

I think they are going too fast on launching models and importing large built-up units, they don't have enough customers or most guys are still afraid of spending so much on this brand which is known for wrong reasons in past.
Yes, the dash on the Sport feels plain and dated, but still it's quite a steal as compared to the Velar. Our SA told that 6 of his Velar customers had converted to The Sport (I still doubt this though). Those who are looking for the Sport, it is the right time now to get it with massive discounts going on it.

He even tried to convince us to get the Sport but for now we have decided to wait for the new facelifted Sport which has the new dual screen interiors and arrives in another few months.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:08   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
wait for the new facelifted Sport which has the new dual screen interiors and arrives in another few months
Yes, but once you drive the Vogue, you will never able to buy the sports either. And the newer Vogue is going to be even more impressive with these interiors

Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks