Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 14:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched

Datsun has launched Anniversary Edition variants of the Go and Go+ in India. These limited edition variants have been introduced to commemorate the completion of three years of the Datsun brand in India. Both models have been given cosmetic changes to their exteriors as well as their interiors and some additional features.

Changes to the exteriors include body graphics, an anniversary edition badge and a black roof-mounted spoiler. On the inside, both cars get blue inserts around the centre console and instrument cluster. The seats are wrapped in art leather covers that have also been given a dual-tone black and blue layout to match the dashboard's colour scheme. Other feature additions include anniversary edition floor mats, Bluetooth connectivity, rear parking sensors and a keyless entry system. It also gets an app-controlled ambient lighting system.

The Anniversary Edition cars have not been given any mechanical changes. They continue to be powered by the standard cars' 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that develops 67 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 104 Nm of torque @ 4,000 rpm, while being mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):
• Datsun Go Anniversary Edition - Rs. 4,19,731
• Datsun Go+ Anniversary Edition - Rs. 4,96,605

Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched-unnamed.jpg

Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched-unnamed-3.jpg

Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched-unnamed-2.jpg

Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched-unnamed-1.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 11th April 2017 at 14:54.
dZired is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 15:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun Go and Go+ Anniversary Editions launched

I doubt if it looks good. KWID on the other hand looks young in terms of design and appeal and thus bright interiors / inserts may go well with it.

Go is relatively bland design and such bright colors look out of place to me. Happy to be proven wrong !
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 16:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I doubt if it looks good. KWID on the other hand looks young in terms of design and appeal and thus bright interiors / inserts may go well with it.

Go is relatively bland design and such bright colors look out of place to me. Happy to be proven wrong !
These extremely saturated colors inside the cabin are an eyesore in any car.
I doubt it will look like this in actual though. Looks like a bit too much saturation & contract in Photoshop to me.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2017 at 12:44. Reason: typo
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
is this the real colour or some kind of photoshop trick?

And what were they listening anyways? Trance.

The combination might look somewhat youthful but it will irritate in city driving conditions. It will be difficult to focus on (multi coloured) traffic with such a loud console colour.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th April 2017 at 17:08.
Ry_der is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Do I see a spoiler on a minivan there? Reducing drag on the GO+, Datsun? A little bit of extra downforce to help push sales?

I was under the assumption that only Maruti Suzuki is capable of coming up with these cheesy graphics and gaudy color schemes. Sort of was their trademark when it comes to ruining decency and branding it "Limited Editions". Thank God they were limited!

Datsun must be hiring graphic designers from MS, now. Only explanation.
9thsphinx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:50   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
It also gets an app-controlled ambient lighting system.
This is what really caught my eye. Datsun's press release says:

Quote:
The anniversary editions of GO and GO+ come with a first-in-segment Ambient Lighting app for mobile phones with which a customer can choose the mood lighting of the car’s cabin to suit his or her taste.
Is this similar to what we see in premium cars? If anyone should check out the anniversary editions in person, please share how this works.

Amazed with the speed at which once-premium features are filtering down to VFM cars. In the recent past, we've seen touchscreens (Kwid & Eon), Apple Car Play (Baleno) and what not. Just fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
And what were they listening anyways? Trance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I was under the assumption that only Maruti Suzuki is capable of coming up with these cheesy graphics and gaudy color schemes. Sort of was their trademark when it comes to ruining decency and branding it "Limited Editions".
Whether we like them or not, limited editions are a proven method of getting rid of piled-up inventory.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:51   #7
Team-BHP Support

Both Datsun Go and Go+ have good potential, but Trance Edition might not do much. I think it needs more tweaking.

1) To begin with, Datsun RediGo sells around 2,500 units per month and Datsun Go/Go+ around 1,200 units per month. The key takeaway from this number is that Datsun dealerships are getting lots of customer walk-ins.

2) Datsun Go needs to go upmarket in terms of features. That means inclusion of ABS, alloys and yes, a touchscreen music system.

3) Datsun Go+ needs to target Omni customers, with a lower priced version. This would involve getting rid of the current 2nd/3rd row of seats, and replacing them with basic 'opposite facing' seats like in the Omni.

4) An LPG or CNG variant of Datsun Go+ might help sales too.
SmartCat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 17:57   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Both Datsun Go and Go+ have good potential.

Datsun Go needs to go upmarket in terms of features. That means inclusion of ABS, alloys and yes, a touchscreen music system.
Both are dead. No point throwing good money after bad.

The Go & Go+ felt cheap & old when launched in 2014; they feel even more so 3 years down the line. Competition has also intensified since. I don't see any potential at all. 99% of cars that flopped after launch have never recovered in India, thus the odds are stacked against them.

Quote:
Datsun Go+ needs to target Omni customers, with a lower priced version.
Majority of Omni customers are commercial. Because of the brand (& other reasons), they won't touch a Go+ with a barge pole.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 09:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Datsun GO, GO+ Remix Limited Edition launched, priced at Rs 4.21 lakh

Datsun Go and Go+ Remix Limited Edition get new hood and roof wraps, all-black interiors, and new dual-tone color combinations. The hatchback also gets Onyx Black color option

Datsun, the low-cost brand of Japanese carmaker Nissan, has added a new Remix Limited Edition variant to its GO hatchback and GO+ MPV in India. The Remix Limited Editions for Datsun GO and GO+ have been priced at Rs 4.21 lakh and Rs 4.99 lakh, respectively.

"The Remix variants are a fantastic addition to the Datsun portfolio and we are delighted to introduce the exclusive Onyx Black color option in Datsun GO model. We are confident that the Remix Limited Editions of GO and GO+ variants will definitely turn heads on the roads," said Jerome Saigot, managing director, Nissan Motor India Pvt Ltd.

The Remix Limited Editions of Datsun GO and GO+ get new hood and roof wraps, all-black interiors, and new dual-tone color combinations.

To be available for purchase across the showroom starting from March 12, the new limited edition models are equipped with the same 1.2-liter engines that can churn out 67 bhp of power and peak torque of 104 Nm.

The mill comes coupled to a five-speed manual gearbox and is tuned to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.62 kmpl.

Datsun GO Remix has been introduced in an exclusive Onyx black color mixed with orange decals. The Datsun GO+ Remix, on the other hand, comes in a dual-tone storm white color styled with orange and black decals. The Datsun GO and GO+ Remix are also available in Storm White and Dual-tone Silver pain shades, respectively.

The limited-edition versions of the GO and GO+ models come with nine new features: remote keyless entry, hands-free Bluetooth audio, new seat cover, all-black front grille, new black wheel covers, piano-black interiors, rear sporty spoiler, chrome exhaust finisher and chrome bumper bezel

The GO and GO+ models come packed with features like follow-me-home headlamps, speed sensitive electric power steering, powerful air conditioning, front power windows, auxiliary-in and USB charger ports, and central locking. Both models come with a two year/unlimited kilometers warranty with Free Road-Side Assistance.

Datsun GO, GO+ Remix Limited Edition Key Features
  • Exclusive exterior colors
  • Remote Keyless entry
  • Hands-free Bluetooth audio
  • New seat cover
  • All-black front grille
  • New black wheel covers
  • Piano-black interiors
  • Rear sporty spoiler
  • Stylish chrome exhaust finisher
  • Chrome bumper bezel

Name:  1.png