Team-BHP - The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/186773-2017-ford-ecosport-facelift-caught-testing-india-edit-now-launched-rs-7-31-lakhs-3.html)

I saw this facelift being carried on a flatbed yesterday near Vandaloor. Thanks to my friend Gopal for these clicks.

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ec1.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ec2.jpg

The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-ec3.jpg

Mod Note: Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

I also saw two Ecosport cars and both with some reddish colour on NH1 between Chandigarh and Delhi on 20 May 17 heading towards New Delhi. One of the vehicle was camouflaged like the vehicle indicated in the pictures above. May be heading back after hilly terrain and/or cold climate testing. I couldn't cilck pictures because I was driving my S-Cross 1.6, additionally these cars approached from opposite direction otherwise I would have liked to accompany them for some distance :)

Any changes expected in the engines of the facelifted version?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sip (Post 4207824)

Any changes expected in the engines of the facelifted version?

It is possible that the AT may be put into the EcoBoost since that combo is much more widespread in the Ford range around the world now. If they do that, I think it would make a fantastic car fit for all scenarios, would take care of the sluggishness that some AT drivers have complained about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4207485)
They seem to be correcting all the shortcomings as much as they can!
Touchscreen with apple carplay and Android
Projectors and DRL
a newer interior design

Almost everything that I miss in my current one. The only thing I'm not too fond of is the shape of the headlights now, they're a bit fat, so the erstwhile sleekness is a bit lost. Otherwise, I'm totally on board this. I'm even wondering whether it would be possible to swap the whole front dash in the old one :Lol

Well if Product Clinics or General Feedback are to go by, then its the Headlamps which were the smallest on the otherwise aggressive front.
Which has been corrected in this new facelift.
However if this is a Facelift, then it sure is a Major Facelift since changing the crashpad a.k.a dashboard incurs heavy investment.

Considering the growing competition in the Seg & one of the cash cow products, it seems Ford put in that extra effort (likely to payoff) & thus the dashboard replacement

Ford Ecosport goes dual -tone for face-lift ?

Quote:

Alongside the dual-tone Ford EcoSport, one can see the facelifted Ford EcoSport
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-1.jpg
The 2017 Ford EcoSport Facelift caught testing in India. EDIT: Now launched at Rs 7.31 lakhs-fordecosportdualtonefrontthreequartersspyshot.jpg

Link

The dual paint job looks pretty bad IMO, the transition is too abrupt and it would have been better if the C pillar wasn't coloured and also the combination itself doesn't gel that well.
Black would be go better with Mars Red

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 4207675)

Seems to already have a dent in the front passenger door :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4208932)

The black paint on the alloys of the 'facelift' seems to have peeled off quite a bit. Hope its just a camaflouge

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 4208937)
The dual paint job looks pretty bad IMO, the transition is too abrupt and it would have been better if the C pillar wasn't coloured and also the combination itself doesn't gel that well.
Black would be go better with Mars Red

Well it does start at the point where the bonnet ends and the roof starts (you can refer to pic 1 in my post) but I am kind of 50-50 about it being an actual colour because -

1. the racing stripes on the bonnet do not continue onto the roof. Shouldn't the racing stripe ideally extend onto the roof as well even if its a dual tone?

2. Like you mention about the C pillar, the spoiler also seems to have been excluded from the dual tone. So thats another reason unless Ford wants it that way

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 4195391)
The wheels on the blue EcoSport looks absolutely gorgeous. As much as I think these won't make it to India, I wish Ford proves me wrong and offer these for the Indian market.

If I'm not wrong, Ford is already offering those set of wheels on the top end version. I had gone to the Ford showroom towards the end of March to test drive Ecosport and Aspire, remember seeing similar alloys on the display vehicle. It was the Titanium+ or Platinum version. I should be having a brochure of the same back home. Can check and confirm later. But yea, those are some nice juicy wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4208953)
The black paint on the alloys of the 'facelift' seems to have peeled off quite a bit. Hope its just a camaflouge

Most probably, that is just a camaflouge as you mentioned. On another note, I'm seeing this alloy design on the test mule for the first time. Looks like they are 16" for the Titanium and Titanium+ variant. It looks like an aftermarket set-up.

Cheers,
R-Six

Quote:

Originally Posted by R-Six (Post 4209780)
If I'm not wrong, Ford is already offering those set of wheels on the top end version. I had gone to the Ford showroom towards the end of March to test drive Ecosport and Aspire, remember seeing similar alloys on the display vehicle. It was the Titanium+ or Platinum version. I should be having a brochure of the same back home. Can check and confirm later. But yea, those are some nice juicy wheels.

Yes you are correct. Those 17 inchers are being provided on Platinum Edition which sits above Titanium+ variant. There are only 3 differences in Platinum and Titanium+ variant one of them being alloys and the other two are Black roof and Cruise Control, while the difference in the ex-showroom between the 2 sits around 50K INR.

Quote:

Cheers,
R-Six

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4209835)
Yes you are correct. Those 17 inchers are being provided on Platinum Edition which sits above Titanium+ variant. There are only 3 differences in Platinum and Titanium+ variant one of them being alloys and the other two are Black roof and Cruise Control, while the difference in the ex-showroom between the 2 sits around 50K INR.

This design is different from the Platinium edition as you can see in the photo below. Platinium edition alloys were offered in the European models since the past 2 years.

Quote:

Ford is already offering those set of wheels on the top end version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt (Post 4209835)
Yes you are correct. Those 17 inchers are being provided on Platinum Edition which sits above Titanium+ variant.

Look closely and you'll notice the ones in the Platinum Edition on sale now are different from what's being tested in the facelifted EcoSport. They look similar though.

Now spotted in Pune.

Source : https://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-ecos...season-1705631

http://www.india.com/auto/ford-ecosp...tures-1746068/

-Ravi

Those alloys are S W E E T. But such low profile tires are just not going to cut it in Indian conditions. Ecosport anyway has stiff ride quality. This will make it so much worse. Ford should have learnt from the Innova's 17'' debacle. They could have just made the tires a bit wider and dropped the recommended pressures by 5psi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain (Post 4210014)
Those alloys are S W E E T. But such low profile tires are just not going to cut it in Indian conditions. Ecosport anyway has stiff ride quality. This will make it so much worse. Ford should have learnt from the Innova's 17'' debacle. They could have just made the tires a bit wider and dropped the recommended pressures by 5psi.

Agree. I think upgrading the tire to high profile ones straight out of showroom will better the ride quality. There seems to be enough space to hold a high profile tire.