Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2017, 10:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Datsun Redi-GO: Service packages upto 5 yrs/50000 km launched

Datsun India has introduced service packages for owners of the Redi-GO hatchback. These new packages have been introduced to mark the three year sales anniversary of the Datsun brand in India.

Called Datsun CARE, this new initiative has been divided into three service packages, spanning over different time periods and mileage ranges. The 3 years/30,000 km plan costs Rs. 15,500, the 4 years/40,000 km package is pegged at Rs. 21,500, while the highest 5 years/50,000 km plan is priced at Rs. 32,000.

The Datsun CARE service package includes coverage of parts and scheduled service expenses including labour charges and taxes. Additionally, it offers some value added services like replacement of brake and clutch components, replacement of wiper blades once a year, wheel alignment and balancing, extended warranty with road-side assistance, exterior washes and interior cleaning. Datsun claims that Redi-GO owners across India can save approximately 10% on periodic maintenance and general service repairs by opting for the said packages.

Since the aforementioned packages are specific to the car, they will remain valid even if the car is sold to a new owner. The said benefits of the Datsun CARE packages can be availed at all Nissan-Datsun dealerships across the country.

Datsun Redi-GO: Service packages upto 5 yrs/50000 km launched-datsun-care-infographicfinal.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 24th May 2017 at 10:39.
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 17:27   #2
BANNED

Re: Datsun Redi-GO: Service packages upto 5 yrs/50000 km launched

The 5th year is a little on the higher side. But then again you can't put a price on peace of mind. And while these prices seem okay, I don't agree with the crossed out prices.
Do 3 services for a Redigo cost over 22k? That's very high for what's intended to be an ultra budget car. I would expect the price to be under 4k for a service. This higher cost could rather drive away the customer than help him. A Ford Figo costs lesser to service than this.

Also, it's good to see some wear and tear parts to be covered. I would have loved to see the battery to be included as well, because sometimes they do last 4-5 years and in other cases, the prices of the plans would make more sense
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 10:42   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Excellent initiative . I'm a huge fan of these all-inclusive packages as they greatly enhance the ownership experience. Complete peace-of-the-mind.

They are well-planned (10k km / year which is the average) and well-priced (6,400 / year for the 5 year plan). Considering that includes extended warranty, roadside assistance, wear & tear parts (brakes, clutch, wiper blades, wheel alignment + balancing) and even exterior / interior cleaning!

Transferable to the next owner too - they've not held anything back.

I hope these plans become popular and they are offered by other manufacturers too. Just get the 5 year plan when you buy the car and add the amount to your car loan. EMI will increase barely by a couple of hundred bucks a month.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 11:12   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Do 3 services for a Redigo cost over 22k? That's very high for what's intended to be an ultra budget car. I would expect the price to be under 4k for a service. This higher cost could rather drive away the customer than help him. A Ford Figo costs lesser to service than this.

Also, it's good to see some wear and tear parts to be covered. I would have loved to see the battery to be included as well, because sometimes they do last 4-5 years and in other cases, the prices of the plans would make more sense
Nissan cars have 6 month interval between each servicing, hence I assume it is same for Datsun too. In that case 22k for 6 services equates to 3600/- each is competitive IMO.
PetrolRider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 08:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Datsun India has introduced service packages for owners of the Redi-GO hatchback
Datsun CARE is also providing 60 Points check up free of cost during package period

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The 5th year is a little on the higher side.
5Y/50K KM Package is offering below mentioned services

1)Periodic Maintenance Service - 5 Services
2)Wheel Alignment & Balancing - 5 Services
3)Extended Warranty- Up to 5Y/50K KM [which ever is earlier]
4)Road Side Assistance- Up to 5Y
5)Wear & Tear Items - Brakes/Clutch
6)Interior Cleaning- 1 time
7)60 Points General Check up during Period
8)Protection from Price Inflation for next 5 Years!
&
9)Applicable Taxes

With all, Package price 32,000 INR is a very good deal for the customer.
0.64 P/KM & 533INR per month.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2017 at 10:14. Reason: Language
Sunil Saride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 09:18   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil Saride View Post
Extended Warranty- Up to 5Y/50K KM [which ever is earlier]
Oh, didn't have an idea that it included extended warranty also!! That definitely makes it great value.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2017 at 10:14. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks