Team-BHP - Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187573-lexus-nx300h-crossover-might-come-india-edit-launched-53-18-lakh.html)

Mod Note: Our Lexus NX 300h Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Lexus NX300H is slated to be launched in first half of 2018 in India. 'H' being for hybrid. Most likely February-March. Stock photos of the car pasted below - 194 bhp, ~460 cms length. It is the baby Lexus. The Lexus launch thread is closed hence posting here.

Lexus is reportedly considering to introduce the NX crossover in India sometime in the future. The NX is an entry-level model in the SUV and crossover line-up of the Japanese carmaker.

Lexus had recently unveiled a mid-life facelift of the NX crossover at the Shanghai Motor Show this year. This facelift came with some cosmetic updates on the outside, a new infotainment system and some tweaks to the suspension system. If the NX is indeed introduced in the Indian market, it will most likely be in the facelifted guise.

Internationally, the Lexus NX is available with two powertrain options - a 2.0-litre turbo petrol rated at 235 BHP and 350 NM and a 2.5-litre petrol hybrid setup which is similar to the powertrain on offer with the ES 300h that is already on sale in India.

If Lexus brings the NX to India, it will sit below the RX 450h and will compete against the likes of the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA.

Source: Autocar India

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-lexusnx.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

The Lexus grill - it's like the designer was doing a fine job but suddenly realized he wasn't being paid what he thought he would be paid, so he designed that ugly grill to seek revenge.

And now I will have to bear the torture of watching them on the road :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 4212329)

At the price Lexus is quoting for their cars, you might not have too many to look at on the road lol:

This will be priced like the Porche Macan, knowing their other prices for the SUVs they've already launched.

Quote:

Lexus is reportedly considering to introduce the NX crossover in India sometime in the future
It does appear, have a look at below thread, since Mr. Narayan has a Lexus he must be privy to some information :)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4210184

Quote:

it will sit below the RX 450h and will compete against the likes of the Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Yes, but it will be priced similar or higher than X5/ Q7 :) I have not seen even one Lexus on road till now. I doubt this will be of any interests @ 70 Lac or high. Better they focus on making existing models competitive.

We only have 5 posts on this LEXUS forum. That in itself is an indication how ridiculously priced these cars are and how many of us are interested even to comment. Commenting feels expensive :uncontrol

I visited the Dubai showroom of Lexus a few days ago to mainly look at the NX300h. Its size is 4.65 metres so broadly in the Q5 range. The interiors are of a newer design compared to the ES300h and a whole lot classier with a new dashboard & central console. The hybrid engine train is the same as the ES, Avalon, Camry 2.5 litre. In real life its front spindle looks more balanced than it does in photos. It comes in some interesting colours of blue, red, brown and orange. In my opinion it was the most attractive looking of all the Lexus models out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4214943)
I visited the Dubai showroom of Lexus a few days ago to mainly look at the NX300h. Its size is 4.65 metres so broadly in the Q5 range.

The 300H is the flagship version for this baby Lexus, and at $39.7k - it is still cheaper than the base version version of the Audi Q5, which is priced at $41.5k - $50.8k.

Lexus is going to launch the NX300h on Nov 17th as per ACI.

Looks like it will be CBU and priced way above the competition at 70+ lakhs.
Considering its size and target market should have been assembled here along with the ES and RX.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...17-2017-406396

Instead of pricing their products laughably high, Lexus could have not started business in India. Such ridiculous pricing across their range is making me wonder if they even have an India strategy or is it that they want to acknowledge they tried (albeit not very smartly, IMO) and failed badly!!

Quote:

Such ridiculous pricing across their range is making me wonder if they even have an India strategy or is it that they want to acknowledge they tried
They definitely have a strategy, being the No1 Automotive manufacturer, they can afford some losses surely. I can see a Plant coming in India for RHD markets very soon. They must be having some internal planning going on, putting up a brand new plant is not an easy decision and unlike most other Germans, for them, plant means manufacturing and not just assembly. If they were to simply assemble the Kits, it would have been operational since long. But these are just my thoughts as an outsider and may be wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asr245 (Post 4212329)
The Lexus grill - it's like the designer was doing a fine job but suddenly realized he wasn't being paid what he thought he would be paid, so he designed that ugly grill to seek revenge.

It is a polarising design. It looks really good on the new LC500 and not very handsome on their other vehicles.

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-1509356890355.jpg

Fun fact:
The Lexus customers were asked about the design they would like to see in their car and the most common reply was "bold". The company's best-looking car the Lexus LFA V10 supercar(one of my all time favourite) which was in production from 2010 to 2012, they tried to come up with something new out of its lines that could be applied to the whole range.

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-1509356610861.jpg

Just take a closer look at an LFA's front end and you will see the spindle vaguely contoured by the lines of its hood and the lower grille. That along with those squinting headlamps were some of the most important lines that made it instantly recognizable by anyone.

Then the designers started to build more on those shapes, cutting deeper lines and bulging the hood upwards to enhance the spindle and make it obvious. The effect is further enhanced on F Sport models that come with a full black mesh grille which hides the traditional impact-protection bumper.

I honestly love their design, it will grow on you.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/t...lle-75983.html

Confirmation of the Autocar India article

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-t.jpg

Lexus sure is pushing all the right buttons to establish itself as a 'luxury' brand in India. Saw the launch preparations going on at AB Celestial last night (I'd gone for dinner). It's a very sweet place - highlight being dinner on the yacht's open deck.

They couldn't have chosen a better place for the launch.

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-20171116-20.29.06.jpg

Lexus NX300h crossover might come to India. EDIT: Launched at 53.18 lakh-20171116-20.29.17.jpg

At an expected ex-showroom price of 60 lacs they are going to lock horns with the F-Pace. So will the Japanese reliability win over British precision? While there are the Q's,X's and GL's, these are getting way too common and I expect a lot of people eyeing these two newbies.