Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2018, 12:38   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Why this step motherly treatment to Figo duos? While the Ecosport got proper upgrade, updates on Figo duos is not much. While they will offer touch screen, new dragon engine, visually they look very identical to current cars.
Old 15th May 2018, 13:03   #62
BHPian

I don't really understand why wait such a long time for an upgrade that's entirely cosmetic...as the dragon engine is already available with the Free style and ecopsort. They should do something beyond a nip and a tuck job to differentiate the sport versions.
Sabrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2018, 17:20   #63
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Aspire facelift to be launched in June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Well, I request you to test drive Nexon Diesel. I’m so impressed with the whole thing. I would have bought it had it not been for the loss I would incur if I sell Aspire so early ( besides I’m leaving job to take up studies at the age of 40! )

A brilliant package in its manual avatar, will wait for a AMT test drive. I felt I was driving a Ford car, and trust me I have tested all most all cars upto 15 lakh bracket. Nothing comes close to Nexon when it comes to handling and steering feedback, its the closest Ford loyalists can get at present.
Thanks for the suggestion mate.
I badly need to replace my Figo 1st gen as it has multiple problems including injector issues. Nearing 150k kms . Finding it difficult to choose between the below options that I now have

1. Aspire sports TDCi - 8.54 OTR after discounts
2.Aspire Titanium TDCi - 8.14 OTR after discounts
3. A doctor owned 2012 Nov make corolla altis G variant with 42k kms on odo - 9.25 is the last price the old man told me. The car is super clean inside out and drives so well.

I liked the Nexon diesel AMT and manual but I may not have the flexibility to go beyond 10 lakh now.

On the Fords I can get upto 5 years peace of mind if I pay for the extended warranty.

The Toyota on the other hand, there is only the brand name and the kms on odo that I should trust blindly and decide to buy. No warranties as it is already close to 6 years old. I love the exterior looks and comfort inside the Corolla and this particular piece seems to be a perfect example.

Any suggestions anybody ?
Old 20th May 2018, 20:23   #64
BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

Though this might belong to another thread, (and thus sorry for the off-topic), yet I feel a new car will be a new car. Though Toyota can offer peace of mind, however cannot match the feeling of a new car.
Since you already have experience with ford, Aspire seems a good choice and falls well within your budget.

On the other hand, the new kid on the block, the Nexon is also a worthy car.

Just my two cents worth ...
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2018, 02:42   #65
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Ford Aspire facelift to be launched in June 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardoop View Post

Any suggestions anybody ?
I drive a 2013 Toyota Corolla Altis 1.8 GL and as you said it's a phenomenal vehicle with an understated design and sober comfortable interiors. The suspension setup is one of the best among the cars under the 30 Lakh range.

Then again, it's a war between heart and mind. First you need to see what are you looking for in the next car?

Trust me on this, The Corolla Altis is definitely quick but the steering is horrendous. It's lazed out and doesn't gives you the feedback one expects. The suspension setup compromises the handling of the vehicle and even though the high speed stability is great but the steering doesn't offers enough feedback.

If you want performance along with great ride and handling stick to the Aspire but if you're looking for a Peace of Mind ownership along with good performance and understated elegance and fine with the poor handling take the Altis.

Btw, the spares of Corolla Altis will obviously be expensive when compared to Aspire.

The brake pads, suspension parts and all are quite expensive of the Altis though the service cost is extremely reasonable.

Do check the stering rack of the vehicle and get the suspension setup checked from a good mechanic before finalising the deal as they tend to have issues at time. My car is 5 years old and has 30k on the odo, some front suspension issues have cropped up already.

The engine is super reliable but not the other parts.

In my honest opinion, I will recommend you going in for the Aspire or check out the new Verna 1.4 EX. It should be under the 10 Lakh mark and has all the features at par Altis. Also, offering decent performance.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th September 2018 at 08:48. Reason: Formatting for improved readability
YashD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2018, 15:42   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford will launch the Aspire facelift in June 2018, followed by the Figo facelift in October 2018, as per an ACI report.

Quote:
The updated Aspire will sport a new dashboard (again from the Freestyle), with the talking point in the cabin being Ford’s brilliant Sync3 touchscreen infotainment system. As for the engines, the 100hp, 1.5-litre diesel will be carried over from the current Aspire, but the 88hp, four-cylinder 1.2 petrol will make way for Ford’s new 96hp, 1.2-litre, three-cylinder engine. Five-speed manual transmissions will be standard but there will be a petrol automatic option as well. The big news is that the automatic in question will be a torque converter unit and not a dual-clutch as was on offer before. Tweaks to the suspension will complete the Aspire upgrade.

Come October 2018, Ford will also bring out the updated Figo. It will benefit from the same set of updates as the Aspire, which means revised styling, an improved cabin, more kit and the new 1.2-litre petrol engine. And just like the Aspire, the Figo too will be available with a torque converter automatic with the petrol engine.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2018, 00:12   #67
BHPian

Ford is offering big discounts on Aspire to clear the existing stock. Rs.80000 Cash discount plus 0% Interest and is valid up to June 20th. Can we then expect the launch at the end of this month?

There is no sign of any official word from Ford.
Old 17th June 2018, 00:21   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Why this step motherly treatment to Figo duos? While the Ecosport got proper upgrade, updates on Figo duos is not much. While they will offer touch screen, new dragon engine, visually they look very identical to current cars.

Ecosport got its first real update after almost 5 years of existence. Figo twins are relatively new and still they are certainly getting the ICE(best in class) and engine changes which isn't particularly inadequate. I am quite certain that things like traction control would also make way like in the freestyle.

Also ecosport is still the bread and better model for Ford that has given the most consistent sales since it's release (after old figo) and is a more premium offering too.
Old 19th June 2018, 12:44   #69
BHPian

Off topic ...has anyone ever spotted the current version with a double din screen fitted?
Old 20th June 2018, 08:12   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Exclusively for Export market - Ford Figo twins face-lift revealed.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20180619120423_fordkasedanfront.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20180619120423_fordkasedanrear.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20180619120423_fordkasedanrear1.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-novofordka2019-2.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-novofordka2019-6.jpg

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-novofordkasedan2019-1.jpg

Quote:
Changes on the outside include larger headlights and a new front grille with a chrome surround. At the back, the sedan gets a restyled bumper with a blackened lower portion to give it a dual-tone look. Enhancements inside the cabin include a redesigned dashboard (shared with the Freestyle cross-hatch) that also sees the addition of a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system. This system comes with Ford’s Sync 3 tech, as well as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. The touchscreen is not available in all markets though.

The Figo sedan also sees substantial revisions under the hood. New to the Figo sedan are 1.2-litre and 1.5-litre three

Quote:
The new Ford Ka 2019 will arrive simultaneously in hatch and sedan versions, having as novelty the adoption of the 1.5 Dragon engine of 136 hp and the automatic transmission already applied to Ford Ka FreeStyle.

Quote:
Updated Ford Aspire compact sedan for India, will only go on sale in our market in September 2018, while the FIGO hatchback(face-lift) will go on sale in November.
link

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th June 2018 at 08:33.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th June 2018, 08:51   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Exclusively for Export market - Ford Figo twins face-lift revealed.
The Aspire looks much better with the thick chrome strip at the back now gone.

I thought Aspire was planned to be launched in India in July this year.

Last edited by Flyer : 20th June 2018 at 09:06.
Old 20th June 2018, 15:26   #72
A M
BHPian

Had a conversation with an SA; Aspire will be launched around Diwali. They are ironing out the niggles found during testing which is taking time.
Old 20th June 2018, 17:35   #73
Senior - BHPian

Am i the only one who thinks that the dashboard design looks like 10 years old design. That gray plastic feels hard (at least in the photo), ICE layout looks like CD player system from a generation old cars. Instrumental cluster also feels old. Overall design is not modern like other cars in this segment.
Old 20th June 2018, 19:13   #74
BHPian

I found the rear of the aspire reminding me of the Ford's designs of 90's and early 2000's. The Mondeo and the likes. The front too, to a bit extent. And that somehow isn't a bad thing. I was taken aback into a positive nostalgia. On the inside, they seriously need to fix the dials. They look outdated and are too puny. While they brought in the dashboard from now discontinued fiesta and previous gen ecosport, they could very well had used the binnacle into the setup., As now both the other cars (fiesta and ecosport) aren't using them anymore. I would be satisfied with the center console design. Not a deal breaker, personal preferences are subjective. One thing I'll certainly miss is the front grill on outgoing car. That was lovely!

Last edited by PrasunBannerjee : 20th June 2018 at 19:14.
Old 21st June 2018, 09:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Am i the only one who thinks that the dashboard design looks like 10 years old design. That gray plastic feels hard (at least in the photo), ICE layout looks like CD player system from a generation old cars. Instrumental cluster also feels old. Overall design is not modern like other cars in this segment.
Well, in fairness, it is still derived from the previous generation EU Fiesta, which came along almost a decade ago.

On a side note, the wheels look rather puny, for such a bulbous rear quarter.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks