Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2017, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop: Tata Tiago special edition caught!

IMHO it is not a special edition, at best it can be new dual tone colour option, and it doesn't have any additional safety features as well(lack of any Airbag labels on the dashboard), my guess is that even the ABS might have been skipped.

Unless Tata Motors is pulling a rabbit out of the hat with features/engines, it might not be worthwhile investing the resources for a simple car-detailing job.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 23rd August 2017 at 14:24.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:58   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to RavenAvi & DJ Bro for sharing this scoop!

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-image00001.jpg
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 19:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Big thanks to RavenAvi & DJ Bro for sharing this scoop!
Thanks RavenAvi, DJ Bro & GTO!. So more or less cosmetics only as expected but the car does look good to me. The Tiago's design in fact is such that it will take a lot of combinations & mods with grace & will be fun to play with.

If only Tata guys used this excellent compact dimensions car to bring in a sporty pocket rocket. There are people out there including me who are looking for a good handling, sporty, point-n-squirt compact hatch which the Tiago could very much become if tweaked so. Currently the FigoS is the only option but I just dont like the rear of that car (strange considering it looks almost like the Tiago which I like!).
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 19:31   #19
BHPian

I don't know what is the difficulty in providing abs in all variants even if it means a slight upshift in prices. Dual airbag+abs in this car would blow away the competition not just from this segement but also from a segment above. Special edition should have best features of higher segment made available in a lower segment at slight premium, otherwise stickers and the likes only reduce a car's worth.
Old 8th September 2017, 19:15   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Big thanks to Lalit for sharing this product presentation PDF with other enthusiasts!

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-1.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-2.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-3.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-4.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-5.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-6.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-7.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-8.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-9.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-10.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-11.jpg

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-12.jpg

Tiago Wizz 2017_Product brief.pdf
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 09:16   #21
Senior - BHPian

Tataa are coming out of their age. Tiago for one is a car that equally attracts youngsters as well as small families.

This limited edition will sell for sure and the time of launch is very apt, festive buying / booking has already commenced and there will be several takers for this limited edition.

All the very best Tata !
Old 12th September 2017, 14:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition launched at Rs. 4.52 lakh

Tata Motors today launched a limited edition of the Tiago hatchback called the Tiago Wizz. The car is priced at Rs. 4.52 lakh for the petrol version and Rs. 5.30 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the diesel.

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-tiago-wizz.jpg

We had first reported about the limited edition Tiago last month. The Tiago Wizz limited edition gets a contrast black roof, black ORVM housings and blackened B-pillars. Other exterior features include berry red inserts on the grille, steel wheels with dual-tone wheel covers and red accent and roof rails. On the inside, the Tiago Wizz gets seat fabric with a new pattern, dual-tone interiors with piano black finish on the centre console and steering wheel and red trim around air-conditioner vents.

This limited edition model is based on the XT variant of the standard Tiago. Hence, it gets features such as front and rear power windows, remote central locking with flip key, Harman infotainment system with Bluetooth connectivity and turn-by-turn navigation, rear parking sensors with display and Juke Car app. However, it misses out on features such as driver and passenger airbags, ABS with EBD and alloy wheels.

The Tiago Wizz limited edition is powered by the same petrol and diesel engines as the regular Tiago. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine produces 84 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. The 1.05-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged diesel unit produces 69 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and churns out 140 Nm of torque @ 1,800-3,000 rpm. Like the regular Tiago, the Wizz is equipped with drive modes - City and Eco.
TusharK is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 16:50   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition launched at Rs. 4.52 lakh

An EYE CANDY!!! Undoubtedly looks hot. I want those alloys (with blue in place of red perhaps). Ok I know these are wheel caps with a superb design. Tata has literally taken things to another 3-4 levels up when it comes to wheel cap designs & finish. NEO and PLATI will be sweating big time.

However, I didn't quite get the purpose of this variant. Its not too cheap on pocket & misses out on ABS, airbags which is a bit odd. They should have been present.

I don't think its something like surplus stock that they have to clear by creating these special editions by adding stickers. Its a properly done car!

The Tiago begs for a spruced up, performance version. A true pocket rocket. Put in a 90HP MJD in it if nothing else is conceivable! At least as another variant. UVWXYZ+-/* something.

Last edited by Reinhard : 12th September 2017 at 16:52.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 09:53   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Ok I know these are wheel caps with a superb design.
Are these really wheel caps? From the pic posted above seem like a proper alloy.
If these are really wheel caps, more brownie points to Tata to come out with such a droll design!

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-tiago_wizz.jpg
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 11:55   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Are these really wheel caps? From the pic posted above seem like a proper alloy.
If these are really wheel caps, more brownie points to Tata to come out with such a droll design!

Attachment 1675772
Yes yes, absolutely. These are wheel caps. Look closely at the edit I'm attaching here. Red circle will show you the black powder coated steel rim. Green boxes will show the usual ventilation (steel-saving) holes in the rim.

The Tata Tiago Wizz limited edition-tiago_wizz.jpg

TML has always been one of the best when it comes to OEM wheel cap design & quality since quite a while. Even the Tiago/Tigor/NEXON have excellent designs. Easily fool even hawk-eyes to believe they are alloys on the road.
Old 13th September 2017, 12:02   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
TML has always been one of the best when it comes to OEM wheel cap design & quality since quite a while. Even the Tiago/Tigor/NEXON have excellent designs. Easily fool even hawk-eyes to believe they are alloys on the road.
Add to that the "stylised" steel wheels they offered in the Storme ( Lx, Ex ) variants and Aria ( which they have carried over to the Hexa as well ). I recall the only other manufacturer who offered stylish steel wheels was GM for the Beat base models.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks