Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 19:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi Q7 with 2.0 TFSI engine launched at Rs. 67.76 lakh

Audi has introduced a petrol version of the Q7 SUV in India - the Q7 40 TFSI Quattro. The car is available in two variants - Premium Plus priced at Rs. 67.76 lakh and Technology priced at Rs. 74.43 lakh (ex-showroom, India).

Audi Q7 with 2.0 TFSI engine launched at Rs. 67.76 lakh-q7-40tfsi.jpg

The Q7 40 TFSI is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 248 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 370 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and a Quattro all-wheel drive system. Audi claims that the Q7 will hit a top speed of 233 km/h and reaches 100 km/h from standstill in 6.9 seconds. The petrol powered Q7 has an ARAI-certified fuel consumption figure of 11.68 km/l.

The Audi Q7 40 TFSI is available in a choice of five colours - Carrara White, Floret Silver, Graphite Grey, Orca Black and Ink Blue. The car features a single frame grille flanked by Matrix LED headlights with DRLs, LED tail lights and a panoramic sunroof and rides on 19-inch, 5-spoke alloy wheels.

The interior features a four-spoke steering wheel with shift paddles and digital instrument cluster. It is also equipped with a four-zone climate control system, MMI touchscreen infotainment with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support and a 558W Bose audio system.

The Q7 40 TSFI comes with similar features to the diesel. It is equipped with Audi Drive Select, which allows the driver to choose from five drive modes - Comfort, Auto, Dynamic, Individual and Off-road. It has an adaptive air-suspension. Inside, you get ambient lighting, electric foldable third row seats and park assist with 360 degree camera among other features. The safety features in the Q7 include 8 airbags, Audi Pre Sense and title angle sensors and a tyre pressure monitoring system.

Last edited by Aditya : 5th September 2017 at 10:18.
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 20:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi Q7 with 2.0 TFSI engine launched at Rs. 67.76 lakh

Quote:
Audi claims that the Q7 will hit a top speed of 233 km/h and reaches 100 km/h from standstill in 6.9 seconds
Reminds me of a discussion on an episode of Grand Tour where Jeremy is reasoning with Richard / James on a certain VW car and its figures and they point that does he really believe on figures given by VW? Same goes here, have a look at what they sell in Canada and the figures for this engine which are 252Bhp against 248 Bhp here but surprisingly Audi India can manage faster timings than Canada, and Audi recommends Premium fuel in Canada, unlike India, here I assume most of the manufacturers have to detune a bit to take care of the fuel.

http://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/models/...ild-price.html
Attached Thumbnails
Audi Q7 with 2.0 TFSI engine launched at Rs. 67.76 lakh-screen-shot-20170904-8.13.28-pm.png  

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2017 at 20:26.
Turbanator is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 22:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

It will be interesting to see how this will handle with a lighter lump in the front
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 10:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

This car needn't pass the homologation test if it's an import, I doubt it will be able to handle our fuel. I'm sure there are people whose running needs only petrol, but the depreciation will outweigh any initial price benefit.
What is needed is a hybrid with good city fuel economy as must of these cars are used in urban areas. The Q7 being a large car, the battery pack can be easily accommodated. The problem is that the hybrid versions' demand outstrips supply and we are too small a market. The e version of the bmw lineup is a good fit for our conditions.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 21:42   #5
BHPian

I am planning to book this car. Was booking a diesel but the sales executive advised about its launch and it's price being 10 lakhs less otr compared to diesel. Makes sense for me. What do you guys suggest?
Old 20th September 2017, 21:53   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it's price being 10 lakhs less otr compared to diesel. Makes sense for me.
Buy a Petrol Innova instead

Seriously, why should you or anyone even consider buying such a large truck with punny 4 cylinders engine? Ask them for a test drive and 100% you will be refused, if you must buy, book a ticket to anywhere near wherever Audi sells this overseas and take a drive. Don't go buy figures, the real drive should be far more miserable.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 22:01   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The Q7 40 TFSI is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that puts out 248 BHP @ 5,000-6,000 rpm and 370 Nm of peak torque. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox and a Quattro all-wheel drive system. Audi claims that the Q7 will hit a top speed of 233 km/h and reaches 100 km/h from standstill in 6.9 seconds. The petrol powered Q7 has an ARAI-certified fuel consumption figure of 11.68 km/l.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveallkaran View Post
I am planning to book this car. Was booking a diesel but the sales executive advised about its launch and it's price being 10 lakhs less otr compared to diesel. Makes sense for me. What do you guys suggest?
Well the performance figures are pretty impressive if you ask me, like Ajit mentioned it would be interesting to know how a lighter engine in front will make the vehicle perform overall. My vote is a big yes, after a test-drive i.e.
Old 20th September 2017, 23:49   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

The Q7 hardly sells nowadays; the charm and sheer shock value of the XL sized old model is gone. This one pretty much has the presence of a 15L rupee Creta! Pretty sure they have just imported a batch to try their luck. Its basically dead on arrival IMO, and will be soon be discounted heavily to clear stocks. A certain depreciation disaster for the brave souls who take the plunge.

Isn't this the same engine as in the new Octavia vRS, in a higher state of tune?
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 02:04   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
the charm and sheer shock value of the XL sized old model is gone. This one pretty much has the presence of a 15L rupee Creta!
I have the same feelings too. The old Q7 looked large and imposing. The 2017 Q7 can be mistaken for a much much smaller car. It does not have that old road presence anymore. Looks crossover-ish.

The engine and transmission combo is adequate and the car feels fast enough for the highway speeds here (around 70mph speed limit). It feels under powered only if it is loaded to the brim or if you are towing. Handling is good too. Felt that it handles a little better than the 3.0T they have here. The real world mileage is around 27mpg on the highway with 4 people and some luggage on board. Seems like ARAI has rated it higher than that.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:27   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Isn't this the same engine as in the new Octavia vRS, in a higher state of tune?
It's pretty much the same tune as the RS245 selling internationally. In India, the RS230 is running on the DQ250 transmission which has a 350Nm peak torque rating, hence the lower tune to keep cost under check.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:53   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post

The engine and transmission combo is adequate and the car feels fast enough for the highway speeds here (around 70mph speed limit). It feels under powered only if it is loaded to the brim or if you are towing. Handling is good too. Felt that it handles a little better than the 3.0T they have here. The real world mileage is around 27mpg on the highway with 4 people and some luggage on board. Seems like ARAI has rated it higher than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Buy a Petrol Innova instead

Seriously, why should you or anyone even consider buying such a large truck with punny 4 cylinders engine? Ask them for a test drive and 100% you will be refused, if you must buy, book a ticket to anywhere near wherever Audi sells this overseas and take a drive. Don't go buy figures, the real drive should be far more miserable.
I was very dismissive of the 2nd gen Skoda Superb when it downsized from a 2.8V6 to a 1.8 TSi. I ate my words after i drove it.

Let some folks try it first and take a call

Last edited by ajmat : 21st September 2017 at 12:54.
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 13:01   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

The engine which they should have put in the Audi A4 they put in the Q7

The Q7 looks soft in comparison to previous gen & now with this engine they have cemented that feeling.

Even though the figures are impressive but with load it will be lukewarm, but i have a strange feeling it will sell as most of the target audience wouldn't care.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 22:22   #13
BHPian

Q7 sells alright here, no comparison to Toyotas though. The 2.0L engine is more than adequate unless you are pulling a trailer and/or live in a hilly region. The 2.0L is the recommended engine. It won't beat a X5, but, you have plenty of power to quickly speed up - something required quite often while driving here.

The car is super-quiet with a nice cabic and is decent for keeping approx 4 years as a 7 seater (occasionally).

Last edited by manson : 30th October 2018 at 00:03.
Old 29th October 2018, 23:12   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Reminds me of a discussion on an episode of Grand Tour where Jeremy is reasoning with Richard / James on a certain VW car and its figures and they point that does he really believe on figures given by VW? Same goes here, have a look at what they sell in Canada and the figures for this engine which are 252Bhp against 248 Bhp here but surprisingly Audi India can manage faster timings than Canada, and Audi recommends Premium fuel in Canada, unlike India, here I assume most of the manufacturers have to detune a bit to take care of the fuel.

http://www.audi.ca/ca/web/en/models/...ild-price.html
My apologies to quote an old post, but what you mentioned about the power is incorrect, hence I felt the need to do so.
The screenshot you attached clearly shows 252 HP which is in fact 248 BHP, so the engine is putting out the same power figures in both markets.

Cheers
Old 30th October 2018, 22:25   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I was very dismissive of the 2nd gen Skoda Superb when it downsized from a 2.8V6 to a 1.8 TSi. I ate my words after i drove it.

Let some folks try it first and take a call

Yes, it depends a lot on what you are looking for. I test-drove both the base 2.0L and also the 3.0L. There was no perceptible difference between the two. May be when the car is heavily loaded or towing, this will come in to play. However, with 3 adults, it felt the same. The gear box does an amazing job and I have never felt it to be hunting. Couple this with the driving modes and the base engine is a good choice.

I also quite like the regular suspension, it is well tune. But, then I am not a power user, drove a Corolla in India for 7 years .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks