Team-BHP - Atrocious situation in Hyundai plant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Atrocious situation in Hyundai plant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19078-atrocious-situation-hyundai-plant-7.html)

This 'Hyundai bashing' is most unappropriate.Indian businesses , especially in the US , should then be heaily penalized for the exploitation of illegals indians and unfair practices, by the same token.The Koreans are abrupt by nature.They don't sweet talk and then stab you in the back , like white people.If there were major problems at Hyundai(Chennai), it wouldn't be where it is now.The Chennai labor force is an aware lot of people, at various levels.They will not put up with unfair behaviour from anyone.They will not exploit or be exploited.Something must be going on that is right or Hyundai's Chennai operations would have hit the skids long time ago!.This incident must be an aberration.There are two sides every coin.

I do agree with 'MAX' on civic sense, or the lack of the same in India.Educated people are as much offenders as the poor/uneducated.Ever been to Korea?.Then you will see why the Koreans are where they are and we are where we are, full of false pride, empty arrogance and talk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 330579)
I don't agree with your statement. An Indian worker / labor who goes into foreign land and works their as laborer is no different then the laborer works in India. By working in foreign land they earn more money hence higher standard of living for their family in India.

I had a cousin - a rich brat who would sit on the sofa with legs on the centre table, and order his servant to fetch him a glass of water.

He went to Australia to study or whatever. Uncle could support him to only a certain extent. So he became a waiter at a restaurant and was very proud of the fact that he was earning something through hard work, which is fine with me. But look at his contrasting behaviour.

I will not think twice before jaywalking, spitting, litter the streets here or but the moment I am outside India. Man, I am the epitome of manners and ettiquete! :Shockked:

Guess they are chameleons that change colours according to the background.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayclicks (Post 334137)
I will not think twice before jaywalking.... spitting.... litter the streets here... but the moment i am outside india... man.. i am the epitome of manners and ettiquete... :Shockked:

agree:agree: mate. Have personally gone through this during my travel.Have always been scared of being caught littering in a foreign country.

Ex collegue of mine who later worked with Hyundai complained about the same issue. This is the only reason why I would not prefer to buy a Hyundai product.

I came across this recent video which talks about a form of racism being referred as Lookism. As per wikipedia, Lookism is prejudice or discrimination toward people who are considered to be physically unattractive. It appears that lookism is deep rooted in South Korea and Indians there are treated as untouchables.
video