Team-BHP - New Honda CR-V launched at Rs 18.4 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Honda CR-V launched at Rs 18.4 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19194-new-honda-cr-v-launched-rs-18-4-lakh.html)

Honda Siel Cars India on Tuesday launched a new CR-V, its premium SUV model, which will be costlier by at least Rs 250,000 than the existing one, even as the company said it has not finalised any plan on the small car and the second plant front.
"The third generation CR-V, which is being introduced in India within a few months of its global launch, signifies the importance of the Indian market to Honda's plans," Honda Siel India president and CEO Masahiro Takedagawa told reporters in New Delhi.
The new CR-V, which comes in two variants of six speed manual transmission and an automatic transmission, is priced at Rs 17.7 lakh (Rs 1.77 million) ex-showroom Delhi and Rs 18.4 lakh (Rs 1.84 million) ex-showroom Delhi respectively.
Commenting on the company's plans for a small car and a new plant, Takedagawa said nothing has been finalised and the company was still studying various options.
He also said the increasing input cost and unfavourable foreign exchange rate is putting pressure and therefore the company was looking at hiking prices of all its production models in India.
"We are still working out as to by how much the process will be increased but we will try to keep it minimum so as not to burden the customers," he said.
On the issue of Honda Motors India, he said the proposed company, which will be overseeing all of Honda's operations in India, is likely to officially start operations by December.
HMI is for synergising the operations of four companies of Honda India, he said. "To start with, the company will look after the spare parts and services for four-wheelers and then gradually expand to two wheelers," he added.

Source : Welcome to rediff.com

Great news !!

The price seems a bit high, but considering that the CRV rules the roost amongst luxury soft-roaders in India, Honda will once again get away with it.

Or perhaps there would be more interest towards the Tucson. Time for Hyundai to offer huge discounts and capitalise on the price difference.

18.4 lakhs is a bit too much for the CR-V unless it's got something really worth paying that much for.

Shan2nu

That gives toyota the scope to price the Fortuner SUV[if launched in India] between 18-20 lakhs.

Honda CR-V: Overview interesting feature list

ugly price and an ugly design....but looks like there going to be a huge wating list for this car too...though it looks completely ouit of place in the range of honda cars....

I think the Old CRV is gonna go the OHC way .... coz the new one very ugly.

Post deleted : Usage of sms lingo not permitted on Team BHP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu (Post 329791)
18.4 lakhs is a bit too much for the CR-V unless it's got something really worth paying that much for.

Shan2nu

True, but its going to be a heck of a softroader with that 6-speed manual gearbox

the new one looks like a very confused design....it seems that it cant make up its mind whether it is a soft roader or an off roader.

the old design is far neater and cohesive.

The look of new CR-V is not so great for indian style I feel. Price is quiet high also. However it has lot of goodies with it, but I feel its not worth for indian condition.

Regards,

Ravi.

Today a Honda sales person came to my office to demo the Civic to my manager. I checked with about new CRV and he mentioned it will cost Rs. 21 lakhs on road in Hyderabad. It is going to be lauched tomorrow in Hyd.

Is n't the new Acura RDX is also based on the new CRV?

The new CRV does look good !! At least in my eyes :p. I especially like the headlights. The shape of the headlights are damn cool.

Quoting Honda's official website

From presentations to red-carpet arrivals, from power lunches to impressive strokes at the golf club, you live an active life. Complement your lifestyle with the all-new Honda CR-V. Designed to appeal to your senses, it delivers an engaging driving experience that's rare in its class. After all, it's where new-age urban styling meets a sporty drive. A dynamic combination that makes the new CR-V even better on road, more versatile, much bolder in sophistication, and last but the least, even more exciting. Go ahead. Live up with all-new Honda CRV. Sold in 160 countries, more than 2.5 million accumulated sales units

PERFORMANCE

The new CR-V sports a 6 speed Manual Transmission System. The lively performance of an additional gear enables you to enjoy sporty drive with solid handling. Alternatively, you can go for 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control for smooth and effortless performance. Add to that, a Double Wishbone rear suspension and Mcpherson Strut front suspension that brilliantly handles turns and bumps to take the hard part out of your joy ride.

LCD Information Display

1.Advanced and sophisticated design.
2.A big and neat display, for easy and improved readability

TECHNOLOGY

6-speed Manual Transmission
Additional gear lowers the rpm speed and reduces the engine noise for a smoother and sporty drive.

5-speed Automatic Transmission
5 speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control System for smooth and effortless performance.

2.4 liter i-VTEC

Maximum Power : 161 PS/ 5800 rpm

Maximum Torque : 218 Nm / 4200 rpm

Just tap the pedal and feel the power beneath the hood. The 2.4 litre i-VTEC engine is designed to deliver 161 PS of refined power. With Honda's i-VTEC technology and Drive-by-wire Throttle System on your side, you will be inspired to drive beyond destinations.

Real Time 4WD

Honda's original Realtime 4WD system supplies FWD (front-wheel drive) operation in ordinary conditions, switching to 4WD on demand depending on driving conditions. An enlarged clutch and stiffened transmission parts help distribute 20% additional torque to the rear wheels.

Exterior Styling

There's no escaping it: sporty and aerodynamic body, clean lines and a contemporary look. The Honda CR-V blends them all for a sleek new exterior. A rugged lower body combined with sophisticated sporty upper-body styling, a forward-shifted windshield, new eye-catching double grille flanked by brilliant projector headlights and a large bumper accentuate the CR-V's distinctive presence. A presence well-emphasised by 17” sporty alloy wheels. Everything to give you an enviable image on the road.

INTERIOR STYLING

Get inside the refined cockpit of the Honda CR-V and get impressed by its dynamic dashboard and plush leather upholstery. Dual Climate Control, adjustable tilt-telescopic steering, Multi-info display and Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) reduction for an ultra-silent cabin, all guarantee to take your driving pleasure to a new high. Greater stability for solid and superior road handling and a high viewpoint for superb visibility ensure a new sense of authority over the road.

Audio Equipment

Integrated Audio Equipment

The CR-V has a high-quality design audio, integrated in the instrument panel. Volume is automatically adjusted high or low accordingly to the car speed.
6 CD MP3 Changer

The CD player supports MP3/WMA files CDs. Another unique feature here is that the audio is connectable to portable music equipment, such as i-Pod

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
Dimensions (mm) --- 4530 (L) x 1820 (W) x 1680 (H)
Wheelbase (mm) ---- 2620
Treads front / rear (mm) 1565 (F) / 1565 (R)
Mini. Ground Clearance (mm) 185
Turning Radius (m) 5.54
Fuel Tank Capacity (ltrs) 58
Kerb Weight (kg) 1535 (MT) / 1565 (AT)

ENGINE

Engine Type i-VTEC, 2.4L
Engine Configuration 4 Stroke, Spark Ignition, Gasoline, 4 Cylinder
Fuel System PGM-FI (Programmed Fuel Injection)
Displacement(cc) 2354

PERFORMANCE

Max. Power (ps/rpm) 161@ 5800
Max. Torque (Nm/rpm) 218@ 4200

TRANSMISSION
Manual (MT) 6 Forward,1 Reverse (6 MT)
Automatic (AT) 5-Speed (5 AT)

DRIVE

Drive System RealTime' 4WD

SUSPENSION

Front Suspension MacPherson Strut, Coil Spring, Torsion Anti-Roll Bar
Rear Suspension Double Wishbone, Coil Spring, Torsion Anti-Roll Bar

BRAKES

Front Brake Ventilated Discs Type
Rear Brake Discs Type

STEERING

Gear Type Collapsible, Hydraulic Power Assisted

TYRES & WHEELS

Tyre Size 225/65 R 17 102 T (Radial, Tubeless)
Wheel Size 17 x 6.5 J

For more details, go to Honda CR-V: Overview

Sounds good. 160bhp with a 6 speed will be amazing. Need to take a test drive asap.

U know what!!! This could be the fastest Indian Honda to date. I'm expecting 100 in around 9 secs.

Shan2nu

the tapering side window profile looks pathetic