Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2018, 11:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition launched at Rs. 50.20 lakh

Land Rover has launched its 2018 Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition in India at a price of Rs. 50.20 lakh (ex-showroom). It comes with new exterior colour options, interior trim and features.

Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition launched at Rs. 50.20 lakh-model-year-2018-range-rover-evoque-landmark-edition_01.jpg

The Landmark Edition is based on the SE variant of the 2018 Evoque. The exterior of the vehicle features a body kit with body coloured lower door cladding while the grille, bonnet, fender and tailgate badges are finished in a grey shade. The SUV is offered with a contrasting Carpathian Grey roof and in three exterior colour options - Corris Grey, Yulong White and Moraine Blue. The Landmark Edition also gets 18-inch alloy wheels finished in gloss black.

Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition launched at Rs. 50.20 lakh-model-year-2018-range-rover-evoque-landmark-edition_02.jpg

Inside, among other changes, the Evoque Landmark Edition gets new dashboard trim. The centre console is finished in dark brushed aluminium while the seats are wrapped in black leather with a perforated mid-section and get contrasting stitching. Features like keyless entry, powered gesture-controlled tailgate, Wi-Fi hotspot and Pro services are also offered on this variant.

Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition launched at Rs. 50.20 lakh-model-year-2018-range-rover-evoque-landmark-edition_03.jpg

Under the bonnet, the Evoque Landmark Edition gets a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine from Land Rover's Ingenium range. It produces 177 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and a peak torque of 430 Nm @ 1,750-2,500 rpm. The Evoque comes equipped with a 9-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.

Safety features like stop/start and roll stability control, hill descent control, dynamic stability control, all-terrain progress control, ISOFIX child safety seat mounting points, ABS and airbags are standard.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 17:58   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Range Rover Evoque Landmark Edition launched at Rs. 50.20 lakh

Why anyone would pay 60 lakhs on-the-road for a 7 year old car, which is actually based on the 12-year old Freelander 2 is beyond me. Old & outdated is how I see the Evoque. And it's not competent either, with a cabin that's small and that 4-cylinder under the hood.

If it has to be a Jaguar-Land Rover product for you, why not the Discovery Sport? Related Thread.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 18:31   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

If it has to be a Jaguar-Land Rover product for you, why not the Discovery Sport?
While I completely agree with you, I do also know that all Evoque buyers are purely buying with their heart and not their head.

I recently tried to convince a cousin of mine to get the LR Disco Sport instead of an Evoque but she was so smitten that it was pointless arguing. Female fan following for this model is the highest.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 21:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Old & outdated is how I see the Evoque. And it's not competent either....... why not the Discovery Sport? Related Thread.
The 'mind' agrees with you.

But the 'heart' still says that is still the best looking SUV in the market by far!
shortbread is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 02:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Looks are primarily the reason for the sales as mentioned above. We have one in a Convertible model at our work. Thank god its roof is black and so is the car. Lady had put on reindeer horns on the car this xmas.

Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 07:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

It’s quite an attractive proposition if it’s an all-new generation model, but not for a model which is way past its prime.
I believe the sales are dwindling drastically; and for those style-conscious ones they’ve the new Velar.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 10:52   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
While I completely agree with you, I do also know that all Evoque buyers are purely buying with their heart and not their head.
True, and the design is absolutely stunning. A sure-shot hit with the ladies. The styling is key to its success & has made the Evoque one of the "turnaround" cars for Jaguar-Land Rover. There are many articles on how it was their first product with a long waiting period in decades. In fact, this particular "Landmark" edition has been introduced to celebrate the Evoque crossing 600,000 sales.

But if someone really likes the Evoque, why not wait for the all-new generation model that is coming later this year
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 12:03   #8
BANNED

Quote:
But if someone really likes the Evoque, why not wait for the all-new generation model that is coming later this year
That's the irony! I guess less than 5% of Indian customers have an up to date knowledge of new generation cars launch. I had tried in vain to convince a fellow doctor against buying the previous generation Innova saying a new one is coming out in few months.

He went to the Toyota showroom and as usual they said there is no chance of Innova Crysta anytime soon! He reverted to me what the Nippon Ttoyota sales executive told . I gave up. He bought the car in 2015 December. He was so upset when he saw the new Crysta and called me up to share his frustration. I felt sorry for the guy. It's not limited to cars.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks