Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2018, 01:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India

Well done, MSL for pulling this one. The only chink in the armor I see is their cars' build quality. Except Scross, which by far has one of the best fit and finish by Maruti Suzuki' standards, majority of their offerings unfortunately suffer from poor build quality and rattles. For me it just takes away that premium feel which MSL, ironically, trying so hard to achieve. Until they fix this, I'm not buying their cars.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 07:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Well done, MSL for pulling this one. The only chink in the armor I see is their cars' build quality. Except Scross, which by far has one of the best fit and finish by Maruti Suzuki' standards, majority of their offerings unfortunately suffer from poor build quality and rattles. For me it just takes away that premium feel which MSL, ironically, trying so hard to achieve. Until they fix this, I'm not buying their cars.
Exactly.
Actually, I find Maruti cars more mileage oriented and in that process they have sacrificed build quality way more than acceptable. But that is what India's aam junta wants and this is what they are being served.
I find Hyundai, Honda, Ford, Toyota cars more balanced in terms of mileage, build quality, equipment etc.
In todays time, when owning and maintaining a car is not that big a deal, I mean they are all frugal , and very easy to maintain, its better to own a car which is more balanced in term of mileage and build quality, which also boosts my peace of mind when I am on road with my family.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 24th February 2018 at 07:46. Reason: Cutting unnecessary line
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2018, 13:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Ciaz was moved from Maruti to Nexa, is an example which confirms above. To a common man however Nexa indeed is a premium outlet, with cheapest car costing almost 6lacs. The Nexa and Maruti do have an overlap but if you see price ranges, Nexa sells cars ranging from 6-15 and Maruti sells cars ranging from 3-12.

The starting ticket of Nexa cars is:
Ignis: 4.46L
Baleno: 5.35L

And to add further, i think these 2 cars are VERY competitively priced for their rivals, even from Mariti's own stable.
Ignis @ 4.46L is tremendous value against WagonR at similar price point.
Baleno is also miles ahead of the Swift LXi(outgoing model specially).
Old 26th February 2018, 10:59   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
The starting ticket of Nexa cars is:
Ignis: 4.46L
Baleno: 5.35L

And to add further, i think these 2 cars are VERY competitively priced for their rivals, even from Mariti's own stable.
Ignis @ 4.46L is tremendous value against WagonR at similar price point.
Baleno is also miles ahead of the Swift LXi(outgoing model specially).
I was referring to OTR costs here in Bangalore. Ignis costs about 6lacs on road where as the Alto 800 costs about 3lacs on road. I Agree that Ignis is better in comparison to Wagon R as it gets proper 4 cylinder and more powerful engine. But then not everyone needs more powerful engine and Nexa is not accessible to tier 3 cities and smaller towns.

Last edited by PrideRed : 26th February 2018 at 11:09.
Old 26th April 2018, 21:42   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

NEXA showroom on wheels for remote locations:

Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India-img20180426wa0036.jpg

Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India-img20180426wa0035.jpg

Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India-img20180426wa0037.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2018, 08:57   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

The idea of Nexa is definitely a good one. Many of the customers (specially the ones who already own a car) used to feel the lack of the "feel good factor" at the existing MSIL dealerships. And it was no fault of the SA as you cannot expect the same person to cater to a customer for Alto and Swift with the same enthusiasm. With Nexa one gets a more premium experience ( even if the actual product is very identical to the MSIL range).

Having said that I do feel that most of the Nexa sales are due to the Baleno and it would have still sold regardless.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 08:59   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa Cars & the showroom - miniature models.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki’s Nexa line-up that consists of cars like Ciaz, Ignis, Baleno and S-Cross has their own set of official scale models. All these scale models are up for sale at various Nexa dealerships in India.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 19:52   #23
BHPian

A couple of days ago, I visited a nexa showroom in Bangalore. Very impressed with the staff. They offered tea/water etc ( I declined) . The salesman, although not knowledgeable, was good. What I liked was that he was not pushy.

Its a huge showroom. But they had only ciaz/beleno/ignis on display. Not sure why they didn't have s cross and xl6. I never quite understood their (I mean maruti) strategy. Why ignis? Why not swift or eartiga? (Although its an MPV)

Overall, premium experience, premium showroom, premium location in the city. I wish they had some premium cars too in their portfolio.
adithya.kp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 19:16   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

CY-2021

One of the best examples of how customer-centricity can create a premium brand- NEXA

Maruti Nexa beats Tata Motors, retains Rank3 car brand in India. Increases its contribution to MSIL.

- The Brand Nexa, which has become the third-largest automobile retail brand in five years since its inception in July 2015

- The LY volumes ( Jan to April ) stood at 65,966 TY volumes stood at 1,16,887 numbers. Which was a very handsome jump in volumes of about 7,233 average monthly volumes.

Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India-1.jpg

- Nexa in total had a volume of 1,16,887 numbers. This was a monthly average of about 29,222 numbers.

- Out of the total Volume of Maruti Suzuki, Nexa volumes LY were a mere 65,966 numbers. Which averaged around 21,989 numbers.

- LY nexa contributed about 18.86% of the total volumes of Maruti Suzuki. TY currently the channel has upped its contribution to 20.66%.

lLink
Old 8th March 2022, 14:02   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Nexa looking to beat Tata Motors to reclaim the 3 position. ( April 21 - Feb 22)

- Tata Motors registered a volume of about 3,28,083 this year (April to Feb).

- Nexa Registered a volume of 2,88,744 for the same period. Nexa channel managed to increase its contribution to as high as almost 24% of the total MSIL volumes this year.

- A total of 11 months this year to date, saw Nexa beating Tata motors in 4 out of the 11 months. Tata motors did manage to get the lead in their hand in the month of September and have ever since held on to the lead strongly.

Name:  94a484_8c7ceb2e87004995b2e6d5aaf10d5c77_mv2.png
Views: 133
Size:  29.8 KB

- Tata Motors averaged the year at about 29,826 units for the period April to February. Nexa averaged about 26,249 units this year to date.

Name:  94a484_3eb87e7dd38b4f1ba3d4d2d5e25e7657_mv2.png
Views: 148
Size:  15.7 KB

- Tata Motors did manage to cross the 30k mark, 5 times during this year already. However, Nexa was not left behind with achieving the same feat of 30k+ units 4 times during this YTD.

Nexa chain is now the no.3 car seller in India-1.jpg

- Nexa has managed to pull down the lead to below the 9k mark in 5 months.

- New product portfolio is the key here, and it becomes interesting to see how Nexa's strategy pans out in coming years.

Link
Old 17th March 2023, 20:23   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki targets Nexa to be second biggest car retailer in FY24, aims to nudge ahead of Hyundai and Tata Motors.

Led by new SUVs — Fronx, Jimny and Grand Vitara, Maruti Suzuki expects to post over 70 percent growth in monthly sales totaling 60,000 to 65,000 units per month.

Quote:
Buoyed by addition of new models like Fronx, Jimny and full year sales of Grand Vitara mid-size SUV, Maruti Suzuki expects to grow its volumes by over 65-70 percent in the next financial year and breach the half a million mark with sales of over six lakh retails, say people in the know. On an average, Maruti Suzuki sells about 30,000 units every month from its premium Nexa channel, it is likely to close with volumes of 3.6-3.7 lakh units this financial year.

This is yet another aggressive target set by the largest car maker, having already announced its plans of grabbing SUV leadership from Tata Motors in FY24 and regaining 50 percent share by FY25.
Maruti Suzuki has about 449 Nexa showrooms in 287 cities. Nexa brand currently has a market share of about 10 percent. With the addition of new models like Fronx, Jimny, Grand Vitara and the new Innova Hycross alternative – the portfolio at the Nexa showroom is likely to swell to eight models in the next financial year which may bring in the incremental volumes.

The monthly household income of car buyers at Nexa is about Rs 94,000 versus Rs 69,000 of an Arena buyer, Maruti Suzuki shared.

Srivastava says for cars sold under Nexa brand, the win back percentage or prospective buyers owning a non-Maruti is fairly high at 35 percent which essentially means, the company is able to get a sizable share of car upgraders from the market — who owned a non-Maruti brand.

The company in fact is the leader even in the Rs 10-15 lakh bracket.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th March 2023 at 20:26.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks