Team-BHP - Convert Maruti vehicles to LPG without voiding warranty
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Convert Maruti vehicles to LPG without voiding warranty (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/19695-convert-maruti-vehicles-lpg-without-voiding-warranty.html)

It's happy news for everyone who wants to convert their Marutis without warranty loss. LPG kits can be retrofitted in all Maruti vehicles(both new & old) including in the vehicles which is having a LPG variant like WagonR and Omni.

Details
Cost : 18,000 - 24,000 (inclusive of RTO endorsement)
Kit : BRC/Tartarini/Lo Gas or any other according to the local availability
Capacity : According to your needs

But when I enquired about LPG fitment to Hyundai, they are of the opinion that LPG is harmfull to the engine and it should never be fitted in any car. :confused: Seems to be like that they are still in the dark ages and they don't have any trust in their own vehicles like MUL.

That's a good news. Has Maruti officially announced this? Will the Maruti authorised service centers be selling these kits?

This is great news , any way I have recently converted my swift to LPG ...
Where did u read this info that Maruti is allowing retro fitment without voiding the warrenty , is this only in Kerala .

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 339661)
LPG kits can be retrofitted in all Maruti vehicles(both new & old) including in the vehicles which is having a LPG variant like WagonR and Omni.

Details
Cost : 18,000 - 24,000 (inclusive of RTO endorsement)
Kit : BRC/Tartarini/Lo Gas or any other according to the local availability
Capacity : According to your needs

CAn it be done at the autorised service centres???

Where did you get the info??? Also, for wagonR, Will they tune the ECM as in the duo or just fit the kit???

wow tht info seems new...btw did anybody crosscheck it with the service centres???

Quote:

Originally Posted by hari_rama (Post 340055)
wow tht info seems new...btw did anybody crosscheck it with the service centres???

Yes, checked it out with an authorised maruti service station. Warranty will remain intact if you get the kit from them. Check out the same with yours as well.

az

That is a good news now. That means I can convert my esteem into LPG and enjoy. Are they providing any kits that we would like to order. As I would like the zavali kit for my car.

Can any one give me the numbers of any maruti service centre who are carrying this mod.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 339686)
CAn it be done at the autorised service centres???

Where did you get the info??? Also, for wagonR, Will they tune the ECM as in the duo or just fit the kit???

Yes, LPG fitment is available at MASS.

I got this info from Indus Motors, Kochi.

In the case of WagonR they will just tune it like the Duo and the quality of the work is better than Maruti's work(sometimes). This is what I've witnessed, although the work quality may vary depending on the service center.

A normal WagonR converted to LPG won't be same like a duo.

Indus does have good workmanship. They does LPG conversions without voiding the warranty. They use LOVATO kits I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 340207)

:confused:

Any reasons???

Cant it be like duo if the ECM is remapped as in the duo???

Duo has an entirely different ECU. I don't know if we could remap the ECU like that of Duo.

If that is possible then a normal Wagon R with LPG conversion should be able to function like the duo but then company fitting is always better the after market as far as I think is right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 340207)

Indus does have good workmanship. They does LPG conversions without voiding the warranty. They use LOVATO kits I think.

I had driven a petrol WagonR which was converted to LPG and I've felt it almost like a Duo and the quality of work is too nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 341433)
I had driven a petrol WagonR which was converted to LPG and I've felt it almost like a Duo and the quality of work is too nice.

has the ECM been remapped, or is it the same as normal petrol???

Is it smooth while running on petrol??? Iss the power loss very evident with lpg???

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 341463)
has the ECM been remapped, or is it the same as normal petrol???

Is it smooth while running on petrol??? Iss the power loss very evident with lpg???

I don't know about the ECU re-mapping. Will inquire about it.

Smoothness is OK and is almost same as that of petrol. Seems to be like that there is about 10% BHP loss(Not sure whether it is more/less).

awesome man i will ask my uncle to get a LPG kit for his its a year old M800 car!