Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2018, 01:00   #1
BHPian

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG

Given the type approval in January 2018, Maruti will soon add (if not already) the factory-fitted CNG variant to its Tour S lineup.

Currently available with 1.2L petrol and 1.3L diesel engines in base trim.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-capture.jpg
Senna4Ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2018, 17:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG specifications leaked

A leaked certification document suggests that Maruti Suzuki could be gearing up to launch a CNG variant of the Dzire Tour S. The document also reveals detailed specifications of the Dzire Tour S CNG.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-marutidzirescngspecifications.jpg

The Dzire Tour S CNG is based on the last generation Dzire and is aimed at cab operators. As per the certificate issued by the Vehicle Research & Development Establishment (VRDE), the car has the exact same dimensions as the regular 2nd generation Dzire which was on sale earlier. It measures 3,995 mm in overall length, 1,695 mm in width and 1,555 mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,430 mm and the car weighs 1,480 kg (gross weight).

The Dzire Tour S CNG is powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, which can also run on CNG. On petrol, the engine produces 83 BHP @ 6,000 rpm, which drops to 70.4 BHP when running on CNG. The engine will be paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Dzire Tour S CNG will compete against the recently launched Mahindra KUV100 Trip which is also available in bi-fuel (petrol & CNG) and diesel engine options.

Source: Indian Autos Blog
TusharK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 12:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG

Scoop! Dzire Tour S CNG priced at Rs. 5.97 lakh

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img20180316wa0026.jpg

A recently leaked certification document has confirmed that Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch a bi-fuel version of the Dzire Tour S. According to the information that we have received, the Dzire Tour S CNG will be priced at Rs. 5.97 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Moreover, the production of the Tour S CNG is already underway, but dispatches will start in the second half of April 2018 once the current stock of the petrol variants is cleared. The CNG model will be available in at least three colour options - Pearl Metallic Arctic White, Metallic Silky Silver and Midnight Black.

As per the earlier leaked certificate, the Dzire Tour S CNG will be based on the previous generation of the compact sedan with identical dimensions. It measures 3,995 mm in length, 1,695 mm in width and 1,555 mm in height and has a wheelbase of 2,430 mm. The car will be powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine, which has been tuned to run on CNG as well. On petrol, the engine produces 83 BHP @ 6,000 rpm while on CNG, the overall output drops to 70.4 BHP and it comes paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 12:33   #4
Team-BHP Support

Pretty competitive pricing!

Hyundai, Maruti's nearest competitor for this segment, must be scrambling to figure out a CNG version of the Xcent.
Old 20th March 2018, 19:34   #5
BHPian

Isn't the price a bit high ? The current gen Dzire LXI costs 5.56L ex-showroom, even with a CNG kit, it should be under 6L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Pretty competitive pricing!

Hyundai, Maruti's nearest competitor for this segment, must be scrambling to figure out a CNG version of the Xcent.
The Xcent Prime already has a CNG version for over 6 months now.

Link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...5-93-lakh.html

Last edited by ts1506 : 20th March 2018 at 19:39.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 22:02   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
The Xcent Prime already has a CNG version for over 6 months now.
Yea; that's what I thought too so checked on Hyundai's website; couldn't find any mention.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ote/index.html
Old 21st March 2018, 12:24   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yea; that's what I thought too so checked on Hyundai's website; couldn't find any mention.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Shoppin...ote/index.html
As far as I remember, the cab variants were never listed on their site (same goes for Dzire Tour too). But the cars themselves are available through regular dealers/showrooms.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_170120.jpg

A couple of leaked documents suggested that Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch the Dzire Tour S CNG at a price of Rs. 5.97 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). Now, the first spy images have revealed more details about the upcoming CNG version of the Dzire Tour S cab.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_170306.jpg

The spy shots indicate that the CNG version gets the usual 'Tour S' badge at the rear with a CNG window sticker. The CNG filler has been placed next to the petrol filler cap and a metal plaque with the details such as CNG tank number, date of installation, water capacity, date of last retest and vehicle chassis number. Like most CNG cars of this size, the gas tank occupies almost half of the luggage compartment.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_170603.jpg

Moving to the interior, the Dzire Tour S CNG gets a dual-tone colour scheme. The dashboard is finished in black and beige and is pretty basic and lacks an infotainment system. The controls for the air-conditioning are identical to the previous-gen Dzire. On the driver's side, there's a familiar 3-spoke steering wheel and a 3-dial instrument cluster. On the left there are separate petrol and CNG gauges, while the temperature gauge has been omitted. The speedometer is in the centre with an MID on the right hand side of the instrument cluster. In addition to an alarm switch, a button to switch between the fuels has been placed next to the steering column.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_164957.jpg

The Dzire Tour S CNG gets front power windows with auto roll down driver side window. It also has manual internally adjustable ORVMs. As per new regulations, the Dzire Tour S CNG comes with a driver side airbag and is expected to come equipped with a speed governor set at 80 km/h.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_164938.jpg

A 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox and tuned to run on CNG will power the Tour S CNG. On petrol, the engine makes 83 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and on CNG the output drops to 70.4 BHP.

The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_164922.jpg
The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_164912.jpg
The Maruti Dzire Tour S CNG-img_20180325_164858.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 12:46   #9
s10
BHPian

Usually the Green model is ~60-65K expensive than the corresponding regular petrol variant for different Maruti models. But in this case it is 73K expensive[Price for Dzire Tour S petrol : 5.24L ]

Does it have any more features than Dzire Tour S petrol?
Old 26th March 2018, 13:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Is it really necessary for the fleet operators to buy Tour S? Has the new Dzire been kept out of bound for taxi operators? I think the speed governor can be installed on any car.

I see no value in paying 73 k more compared to petrol version just to have factory fitted kit. The present generation kits available in open market are of the same quality and reliability, unless MSIL has done some changes with ECU etc.

What is the real advantage (except that the dash / meter box has a dedicated indicator for CNG Levels).

Last edited by i74js : 26th March 2018 at 13:59.
Old 26th March 2018, 14:07   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
Is it really necessary for the fleet operators to buy Tour S? Has the new Dzire been kept out of bound for taxi operators? I think the speed governor can be installed on any car.

I see no value in paying 73 k more compared to petrol version just to have factory fitted kit. The present generation kits available in open market are of the same quality and reliability, unless MSIL has done some changes with ECU etc.

What is the real advantage (except that the dash / meter box has a dedicated indicator for CNG Levels).
I don't think you can get a quality sequential kit for anything less than 40-50k. Then there is the hassle of getting it endorsed on the RC, without which many of the CNG stations deny you a refill. By paying a premium of say 10-20k, if I get a factory fitted option, I would any day pick that. Factory fit is always preferred from the reliability point of view.

Current Dzire has wait times. People can choose this version instead to avoid that. It has all the bases covered as far as the fleet operators are concerned. There is no more value that the new Dzire gives them over this.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 14:55   #12
s10
BHPian

There are advantages in getting the Maruti Green models like changed suspensions, anodized pistons, warranty, side filling nozel, CNG meter in Dash etc... And also a better tuned kit. Hope Dzire also this carries these !
@TusharK - DO you have information about these?

But that is good for 60 - 65K more, IMO 73K extra is a simple loot!
s10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2018, 15:38   #13
BHPian

What is the reduction in boot space due to the CNG tank? The Dzire is already low on boot space, compared to other similar sedans, at 316L.
Old 27th March 2018, 09:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
What is the reduction in boot space due to the CNG tank? The Dzire is already low on boot space, compared to other similar sedans, at 316L.
I have checked the car in person during my recent visit to MSIL stock yard in Gurgaon, almost 40% of space is lost; the available space is about 170 Litre. Suitcase has to be kept in standing position. Typically a medium suitcase with a small overnighter can be kept along with 2 small duffel bags.
Old 27th March 2018, 13:05   #15
BHPian

I have a few questions regarding the CNG Tour S -
1. Can private individuals purchase this car for their own use?
2. Will speed governor be deactivated in that case?

My 2 cents -
The CNG filling valve and the plate should have been housed inside the fuel lid like it is in the case of other CNG cars offered by Suzuki
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks