Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2019, 18:10   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: BMW X4 coming to India in 2019. Edit: Launched @ 60.60 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
to Rs 65.90 lakh for the range-topping six-cylinder diesel model.
The M Sport X design package adds in BMW’s M Sport body kit including side skirts, and a rear diffuser element, large 19-inch alloy wheels, dual exhaust and a roof mounted spoiler to add to its sportier styling.
Definitely a Bold move to bring 6 Cylinder engine I am more than sure some Bavarian guys are now managing things at BMW India

My only wish is that they should reduce the List price and try to keep prices firm instead of passing high rebates at later date. Think about the guys who bought X5 (self included) or the 5 series at Zero Discounts at the time of launch.

Even in this case, they might have problems in getting customers for 30-D given the fact that outgoing X5 costs less then 60 Lac ex-showroom
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 22:59   #17
BHPian

BMW has priced this one quite well though I wonder if this segment even exists at all. I still haven't seen any GLC Coupe till date and even the GLE Coupe is pretty rare. It is still an interesting alternative to the usual boring Evoques and Q5s of this world.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 07:52   #18
Team-BHP Support

Got a chance to drive X4 yesterday, contrary to my previous experience with the 4 Cylinder Petrol, I found it very peppy, no wonder why many people find hard to justify going for Diesel 6. Don't know the reasons why I didn't felt the same way when I drove the 530i last year. Majority of the owners won't even be able to extract 50 % of the juice from this smaller engine, the guy who came to my place for showing was a new chap and at the end of the drive, he was like (can't mention), would have definitely thrown up if we continued little longer and his expressions

Coming to the car, I think interiors are already feeling dated especially when comparing with what should be here in next 3-6 months. But overall, nice small car which does appear different (in a good way like X6) for a young couple

Petrol should be the one to go for and can be the largest selling variant in my opinion. I could have recommended this to anyone but for BMW discounts that come at 6-9 months after launch so if someone is considering to buy, best will be to hold till festival time or if in hurry, negotiate prices on some of the leftover X5 from 2018 which can still be bought at less costs then this smaller one.

Last edited by Turbanator : 24th January 2019 at 08:01.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 10:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Got a chance to drive X4 yesterday, contrary to my previous experience with the 4 Cylinder Petrol, I found it very peppy, no wonder why many people find hard to justify going for Diesel 6. Don't know the reasons why I didn't felt the same way when I drove the 530i last year. Majority of the owners won't even be able to extract 50 % of the juice from this smaller engine, the guy who came to my place for showing was a new chap and at the end of the drive, he was like (can't mention), would have definitely thrown up if we continued little longer and his expressions

Coming to the car, I think interiors are already feeling dated especially when comparing with what should be here in next 3-6 months. But overall, nice small car which does appear different (in a good way like X6) for a young couple

Petrol should be the one to go for and can be the largest selling variant in my opinion. I could have recommended this to anyone but for BMW discounts that come at 6-9 months after launch so if someone is considering to buy, best will be to hold till festival time or if in hurry, negotiate prices on some of the leftover X5 from 2018 which can still be bought at less costs then this smaller one.
Saw one on a Test drive on my way to work here in Delhi yesterday, definitely has the style quotient going for it, the AMG Coupes have made the coupe SUV shape much more common to the masses, sad that the X6 after starting this segment has been feeling super outdated since quite some years now, and the numbers show.

Finally, good to hear you enjoyed the 30i engine, I exchanged my F10 530d for the G30 530i and can vouch for the performance of this rocket, and to the layman its still a 30 badge at the back .
np23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 18:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India first drive impressions -

Old 24th June 2021, 21:14   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this as a WhatsApp forward

Is the stepney/space-saver so thin in size or has the person put some random tyre he found?!

Rumour: BMW X4 coming to India in 2019. Edit: Launched @ 60.60 lakhs-ea4bf33e243b42aaad1063f90736ae5b.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 21:24   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post

Is the stepney/space-saver so thin in size or has the person put some random tyre he found?!

Attachment 2170587
Could be possible that it an emergency space saver wheel. My Golf Mk7 came with 205mm tyres from factory and the emergency space saver wheel is 125mm.
gopi_rm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 21:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2170587
Whoa! My activa tyre is wider than that! Companies are indulging in ridiculous levels of cost optimization with these space saver tyres.
nitkel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 12:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the space saver really is this thin. It comes with a caveat to not drive it about 80 KMPH if I remember right. It does look positively anorexic compared to the usual, meatier tyres. But it gets the job done!
iliketurtles is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 12:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a space saver tyre supplied by BMW to be used in case of emergency.

Space Saver is BMW term for spare wheel.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks