Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2018, 10:24   #1
BHPian

Toyota beats Honda to become the 5th largest carmaker in India

The local unit of Japanese carmaker Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has overthrown Honda Cars India as the fifth largest carmaker in India in April. TKM sold 13037 units last month compared to 9143 units sold by Honda Cars in the same month.

TKM's sales grew by 5.64 per cent compared on the back of strong performance of the Etios Liva, Innova and Fortuner, while Honda cars sales declined by 36 per cent in the same month.

Honda cars sales has an impact due to outgoing model of Amaze. The new generation Honda Amaze is expected to be launched soon that may boost sales for the carmaker in the coming months.

Commenting on the sales performance, N. Raja, Deputy Managing Director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said,
Quote:
“This month was quite eventful for us with the bookings opening for the most awaited product Toyota Yaris. Yaris is loaded with first in segment features and offers great value proposition in terms of best in segment quality, comfort safety and performance.
Source
Flyer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 11:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota beats Honda to become the 5th largest carmaker in India

Once launched I think the Amaze will garner more sales than the Yaris in nos and the figures will probably tilt in Honda's favor. This just seems to be a dip rather than a trend in the sales chart.
Old 6th May 2018, 11:50   #3
BANNED

I am afraid Honda is suffering 'big time' due to their silly service schedules six months or even three months. At the moment we are a all Honda family (four cars - Civic, City, Brio & Amaze) . In two years time (when BS-VI is here) the migration starts.
Old 6th May 2018, 11:51   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Once launched I think the Amaze will garner more sales than the Yaris in nos and the figures will probably tilt in Honda's favor.
True - but more importantly - Toyota is achieving similar sales with high margin products.

Thats a huge advantage over brand Honda, which has been limited to the C-segment at best, ever since the Civic exited Indian shores.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2018, 14:55   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I am afraid Honda is suffering 'big time' due to their silly service schedules six months or even three months.
Just today I took my car for scheduled service and asked the service advisor if I could skip this 6 month service schedule without breaking the company policy since my running has been low of late. Now he said I can certainly do that and service my car with 8-9 months interval if needed. What is more important is he said that all cars sold from 2017 onwards have a service interval of 1 year. Now this is from an authorised Honda dealership service adviser and only Bhpians who bought Honda in recent times can confirm this. If I'm not wrong, this service policy is same nation wide and can't be region specific.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Just today I took my car for scheduled service and asked the service advisor if I could skip this 6 month service schedule without breaking the company policy since my running has been low of late. Now he said I can certainly do that and service my car with 8-9 months interval if needed. What is more important is he said that all cars sold from 2017 onwards have a service interval of 1 year. Now this is from an authorised Honda dealership service adviser and only Bhpians who bought Honda in recent times can confirm this. If I'm not wrong, this service policy is same nation wide and can't be region specific.
I had inquired about the new City in Feb. Service interval was told to me as 6 months only. Servicing cars is a cash cow for Honda dealers, I doubt they will reduce the interval.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:12   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Servicing cars is a cash cow for Honda dealers, I doubt they will reduce the interval.
Yes I know and I was also surprised to know this but this is what he said today. I'll try to confirm with him once more about this.
Old 6th May 2018, 15:15   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Yes I know and I was also surprised to know this but this is what he said today. I'll try to confirm with him once more about this.
Maybe they are learning. After the Brio, and the Amaze the service centres are no longer underworked. The Honda dealerships now look like the Maruti workshops of old.
Old 6th May 2018, 17:28   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is more important is he said that all cars sold from 2017 onwards have a service interval of 1 year. Now this is from an authorised Honda dealership service adviser and only Bhpians who bought Honda in recent times can confirm this.
Honda BR-V has a service interval of 10,000 kms or 1 year
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 09:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
... only Bhpians who bought Honda in recent times can confirm this. If I'm not wrong, this service policy is same nation wide and can't be region specific.
I have bought a Honda WR-V (Vx-Diesel) last april and the confirmed service interval is 1 Year / 10000 kms. However, there is an zero pay service at 1 month / 1000kms and 6 months / 5000kms inthe first year. The honda service guys assured that there will be only checks done with no top ups / replacements and absolutely zero cost on service.

Will be taking the car this week, update the actuals later. From what I went through the owner's manual, the service intervals and warranty are on par with other OEMs, looking at the replacement intervals, cost would just be on par or lesser to Maruti IMHO (can't really say for a fact).
rajess_in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 10:32   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota beats Honda to become the 5th largest carmaker in India

Mod Note: Please wait for our April sales thread to discuss the monthly performance numbers of manufacturers & individual cars. Else, we'll have 30 new threads every month discussing the sales stats of the previous month. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks