Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2018, 11:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Trivz: App where you can give your car out for test-drives

Another concern that I see - the condition of the customer/participant car. If the participant has a car in poor condition, what kind of opinion will the prospective customer form when he/she drives the vehicle - hard clutch, poor brakes, rattles?

The dealers might have to see the condition of the vehicles before allowing them to register on the Trivz app. They can also offer free regular maintenance to these cars so ensure they are in good shape.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 13:22   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What an incredibly stupid idea.
I remain a disbeliever, but there are clearly others who are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Some HNIs just invested $1 million in this company.

Sharing the press release, verbatim:

Quote:
MYNEWCAR, India’s first multi-brand online showroom for new cars, has recently raised USD 1 million in a pre-series- A bridge funding round from HNI’s. The company will use the fresh principal USD 1 million, to augment Trivz, a peer-to-peer test drive platform to additional cities, apart from growing its presence in Bengaluru.

In 2015, the company had received seed funding headed by association of angels from India and Europe, which includes Dreamz Ventures GmbH from Switzerland. Since the initial funding, MYNEWCAR has grown substantially in India. MYNEWCAR has outperformed in several ways in accomplishing their goal of simplifying the car buying process to an ecstatic experience by providing convenience and value to customers.

Speaking on the funding, Mr. Madhukar Manpuria, Founder and CEO, MYNEWCAR said, “India has the highest potential in the new car segment with growth driven by the digital savvy millennials with more than 70% of them starting their car purchase journey online. With our newly launched product Trivz which is the world’s first peer-to-peer test drive platform, we have built a complete ecosystem for car buyers digitally. Our belief is reinforced by tons of happy customers who have experienced the future of car buying on our platform. The funds raised will be channelled to fuel the growth of Trivz to other cities and to establish market leadership for MYNEWCAR in India. We believe it is important to invest in people, technology, brand and infrastructure and will continue to look at strategic acquisitions for growth”.
Old 13th December 2018, 13:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Seems like entire liability is on the person providing the TD. I wonder why anyone would even bother with this.

Quote:
Dreamz takes no responsibility and cannot be held liable or responsible for any interaction between the Customer and Owner. Dreamz makes no representations or warranties as to the truth or falsity of any information or data submitted to the Application or provided by the Users of the Application, or the legality, quality, or safety of the Dreamz Services offered through the Application. It shall be your responsibility to verify independently the bonafides of any particular User that you choose to deal with and all the information provided by a User on the Application. Dreamz shall, in no event, be liable for false and incorrect information provided by the Users.
Quote:
Dreamz is not responsible or liable for any mis-happening/ accident or damage to the car or person driving or person sitting in the car or for any misbehavior by either of the Users.
Old 14th December 2018, 10:05   #19
Team-BHP Support

I agree that this is clearly doomed. No premium car owner wants to make a quick buck this way. Even for a mass car owner, (a) if he can own the car, unlikely he will need this money and (b) the spread of dealerships for most mass market cars is pretty good and TD vehicles readily available. Plus, what is the assurance that an owner would "sell" the product during a TD the way an a salesman would. Finally, the customer has to make one visit to TD a car and another to negotiate the deal with a salesperson. Not to mention if I am in the market for a second hand car, the entire process including going to a dealership and sensing that new car feel to the demo cars all are part of a feel good factor that also contribute in converting intent to sale.

In my opinion, this doesn't make sense for any of the stakeholders - the car company, the current owner or the prospective buyer.

I don't see this going anywhere!

The only encouraging aspect is even if I have a harebrained idea, it is not inconceivable that some loony would nevertheless give me good money for it!! Lol
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks