Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2018, 13:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Feedback scale of automakers - An unfair practice

NPS is more like a report for companies. In most business it is widely reported as well and goals are set on this metric. Qualitative feedback is not processable at scale and an objective measurement in form of NPS was necessary.. think multiple choice questions vs descriptive questions in exams.

Problem is when people ask sub ordinates to improve this metric and the sub ordinates resort to gaming this metric with pleas and freebies.. this does not help anyone, so right measurement is needed and preferably has to be independent of the department this is being collected for.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2018, 19:38   #32
BHPian

For me its the following with different workshops:

1. Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar Delhi - Gave the Camry for servicing and it came back with a completely messed up wheel alignment. Before i could take this up with the SA, a feedback call from the service center came to my rescue. The car was picked up from my home the next day for the wheel alignment and was returned the same day. Though such a thing should not have taken place in the first place but yes the feedback call was rather genuine and helpful.

2. DD Motors Peeragari Delhi (Maruti Suzuki) - The staff always seems to be in a hurry with a standard response "Sir, yahan yahan yahan sign kar do". They do not even care for a genuine feedback and one is just expected to sign a blank form.

3. Arya/Fahrenheit Skoda Moti Nagar Delhi - The SAs there generally use the good old emotional blackmail trick of "Sir, woh feedback call aaega to thoda dekh lena".

4. Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri Delhi - A feedback form was handed over to me separately along with the invoice at the time of billing having different parameters to be rated on a scale of 1-10. So the SA himself was not involved in the whole process which i suppose a good thing.

I know I might not be correct in doing so, but unless there is something major i always tend to give out a positive feedback for the SA whenever i am asked for irrespective of the quality of service. The only reason that for doing so is that it might help the poor chap during his appraisal. If at all i have any issues post service, i rather prefer discussing it personally with the SA over the phone.
satyamkaushik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 02:11   #33
BANNED

If 1-8 is all bad, would it matter if I gave 1 or 8? I see it as a linear scale from 1 to 9 and 10 is considerably higher.

I almost never go over 9. Coz, at best you've met my expectations. You have to win me and earn that 10. Otherwise what is the motivation for the SA if he can get 10 even after blatantly upselling me?

It's 9 if they do what I ask.
8 if I have to say that again.
7 or lower if they can't/don't deliver on the assurances made while taking my car.

Believe it or not, I have given 10. They soften up nicely after finding out that I'm not going to be an easy passenger if they're planning to take me on a ride. On subsequent visits, I get what I expect, and sometimes, a little more.

My experience with Bhanu motors Chevrolet Gurgaon was great.
MaheshY1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 09:05   #34
BHPian

This weekend got a call from Tata Motors team for feedback of service I have availed.
EARLIER the rating scale used by TML was just like what it is mentioned in the beginning of this thread but this time what the lady told me was different.
10 - Outstanding
7-9 Good
4-7 Average
1-3 worst
Something like this.

Anybody else with same experience?
Old 25th June 2018, 13:02   #35
BHPian

Following is a recent conversation with a lady X from Hyundai or some rating agency with me post my purchase of Grand i10 wherein I had rated them 2/10 for delays in car delivery and false commitments

Lady X: Good afternoon sir, we are from XYZ and want to understand the reason for 2/10 and what went wrong
Myself : poured the heart out
Lady X: Thank you sir, now the problem is solved right ? you got the car so can I close the complaint now with 10/10 ?
Myself : Why should that warrant closure of the complaint and change of rating ? what have you done to get a 360 feedback
Lady X: Thank you sir. we will check
and then no one ever calls back and who knows if the rating is changed back-end.

What I see out of this is
a) Their ratings are probably taken seriously
b) Ratings scales "NPS" score have usually the same scale i.e. 0-8 is poor so it is not subjective to few companies
c) No effort is made to hear the customer and ensure things are not repeated, its always maximising the ratings somehow
This is an industry where repeat customer is always few years away or none ( moving to new brands) unlike other consumption business so no one bothers to even keep a track once car is delivered.

Last edited by Cooltronics : 25th June 2018 at 13:05.
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:15   #36
BHPian

So I recently had a bad experience with Honda Service center.

During my routine 6 months service (my car never covers the schedule kms), I had instructed the service advisor to keep me update about the work and delivery schedule.

I had specifically told him since during the previous service I had to keep following up with them for updates with no updates from them. I had given a rating of 7 last time since it took them 3 days (promised delivery was next day) for routine service with no follow ups.

Guess what history repeats itself, during the current service I had to keep calling them to get an update and car delivered back to me. It again took them 3 days for routine service. This time I gave a 0 on feedback form since it was a repeat complaint.

All hell broke loose the next day. I got some 3 calls to understand why I was unhappy. The day after calls kept coming and I got annoyed by the no. of calls I was getting to change my rating to 10. I told them if they call one more time I will change the dealer for next service.

After a couple of days a person calls me saying that he is calling from the dealers office to apologize and would like to meet me. So I gave him an appointment. Thankfully he came on time and gave me a box of chocolates and an apology letter. Then he removes a new feedback form and asks me to give a 10 against which he would give me a free interior detailing on next service. I didn't change my rating and told him to improve the service and maybe next time I will give better rating. Case closed.
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 14:37   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post

Problem is when people ask sub ordinates to improve this metric and the sub ordinates resort to gaming this metric with pleas and freebies.. this does not help anyone, so right measurement is needed and preferably has to be independent of the department this is being collected for.
That's actually the root of the issue. Typically middle or senior managers will never interact with the call centre agents. This is usually done by the junior team that may lack the perspective. They will also have metrics which affect their performance ratings and therefore will resort to some of these tactics. One of the (non-auto) companies that I know of used to insist that senior and middle management spend one day every month listening to the voice recordings of some customer calls. That led to some customer centric steps in a few areas.
RedHerring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 19:56   #38
BHPian

Yeah, Its annoying most of the times, and a calls are mostly irrelevant. Believe me or not, after changing headlamp bulb (for Thunderbird) they called and asked me "how is the vehicle performance after the service".

I believe the issue is the employees / telecallers have been forced to follow the template instead understanding the need of net promoters !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks