Team-BHP - Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/199589-hyundais-touching-20th-birthday-ad-contest-accent-santro-owners.html)

Amazing ad - all of us who are connected to our cars will relate to it. I have my own 21-year old car with loads of memories attached to it - related post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSZ4h7YSGnQ

Hyundai's 20th birthday is coming up; rumour has it that Hyundai will unveil the new Santro at that time - related thread.

Also sharing details on a contest for Santro, Accent & i10 owners.

Quote:

Customers of the Santro, Accent & i10 would be invited to share their Brilliant Memories with Hyundai through the microsite www.BrilliantMoments.in, special letter boxes at the Hyundai dealership network, email on entries@brilliantmoments.in and Whatsapp (8130121212).

In Phase II, Top 10 #BrilliantMoments stories shared by the Hyundai customers would be made into individual films and promoted on the microsite www.BrilliantMoments.in.

In Phase III, Top 10 Brilliant stories would be promoted for voting and the top 3 films with highest votes would be chosen as winners. The Winners will be gifted Hyundai cars at a mega event in presence of our corporate brand ambassador Shah Rukh Khan, domestic holiday for 10 couples and 1000 gift vouchers for lucky winners.
Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-hyundai.jpg

Indeed a brilliant ad and quite touching too - The He-Man toy, Black Number Plate, Audio Cassettes in the glove box; almost everything takes us back to our childhood!

At one place we have an immaculately well maintained car which is 20 years old (almost) while co-incidentally the car bears a registration number from New Delhi where they are (or have already) mulling for scrapping of cars older than 15 years.

Nevertheless, a wonderful emotional ad this one is.

Very touching ad and beautifully made. 20 years is a long time.

Which is the main reason my late parents 16+ year old Palio 1.6 GTX is still with me. Not only was it Papa's daily driver but it was the last car he ever bought and the last one he & my mother travelled in on their road journeys to several places in MH GJ and KA in the twilight of their lives.

Their very final journey was in the Palio. My brother and I took their ashes for immersion to a confluence of rivers near Pune in their car.

Oh yes, I can relate to this ad. Memories and emotions hold me back from selling my parents car.

Lovely Ad, people often ask me why I get so emotional with my cars. This ad answers a part of that question by sharing the emotions we all have for our cars. If only Hyundai made another reliable car like the Santro. All the other recent ones have lost way, even the Creta doesn't have the proper variant and feature and AT spec.

Exact reason I bought the Premier Padmini and have restored it, it was my parents car and has too many memories in that car.

Guys, also don't miss the image in the leaflet. That's actually how things used to be in the 90s. If you bought a new model, the entire neighborhood would come down to check it out. Owners would distribute sweets too. Hardly the case today where a new car is launched every fortnight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4420627)
Indeed a brilliant ad and quite touching too - The He-Man toy, Black Number Plate, Audio Cassettes in the glove box

Hahaha! I was waiting for someone to point this out and it came in the first reply itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 4420631)
Which is the main reason my late parents 16+ year old Palio 1.6 GTX is still with me.

:thumbs up

Brilliant. We've owned the Santro, Accent, Accent Viva and i10 next-gen within the immediate family garage. These were sold over the years. Currently, we have the Grand i10 and Creta and my FIL drives a Verna. The only other cars we have owned is the Maruti 800 and a Honda City ZX :)

I can't believe it has been 20 years since the Korean giant entered our country. I remember the 1998 Auto Expo in Delhi, which was, in my opinion, a key moment in our country's automotive history. I remember the unveiling of the Tata Indica, the Hyundai Santro (then the Atos), the Daewoo Matiz (then the D'Arts), and the Toyota Qualis on display.

It was 1999 when my father and I walked into a Hyundai showroom in Noida, chequebook in hand to book the base model Santro in golden colour. It was a significant step up from our Maruti 800. We, unfortunately, had to cancel the booking due to a sudden price hike. We ended up booking a Daewoo Matiz DX in Cypress Green. While we had a lot of fond memories of road trips covering major parts of the North and later the South of India in the Daewoo Matiz, the Korean giant's downfall in India led to us selling the car in 2003.

In 2003, it was once again a toss-up between the Ford Ikon and the Hyundai Accent. The Ford Ikon won this round as it was considerably cheaper.

Fast forward 15 years, Hyundai has finally found a place in our hearts. A 2015 Grand i10 Sportz and a 2017 Creta Petrol Automatic found their way into my family's garage on account of their sheer refinement, feature-set, and ease of use in Bangalore's chaotic conditions. My family is head over heels in love with Hyundai, so much so that they've made up their mind that our next upgrade would be a D-segment offering from Hyundai/Kia.

Just refreshed some old memories and recollected my college trips we had in a friend's Accent CRDi. This was posted in Team Bhp almost a decade back.

Certainly was the car that changed the way people looked at diesels, way before Maruti came along with the Swift Diesel and changed the Indian mindset.

Hyundai's touching 20th birthday ad, and a contest for Accent & Santro owners-99796.jpg

Absolutely touching! Feeling very sad for having let go my wonderful Santro..Was with me when I fell in love with my girl friend (now my wife!), when I moved my house (literally moved stuff in it!), when we both discovered we were going to bring a new life to this world, when I carefully drove my wife to the hospital for delivery, when I brought my newborn son home, when I went on some crazy trips with my friends and finally when I went car shopping and finally when I bid adieu to her..my wife and I couldn't overcome our tears when we hopped inside the car one last time before handing over the keys to the used car sales guy..I am controlling my tears with great difficulty as I am typing this..

What an ad!
Even I own an old Santro. Though the ownership isn't long, this ad made me recall the moments it has brought in our lives.
Unless we're shown, we never realize how our vehicles become part of our lives and leave countless memories!

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Not a great fan of Hyundai cars(until few years back), but this Ad is just too brilliant. While some of the cars just remained as cars, few of them touch our soul and become too difficult to depart. I remember running stairs when we sold our Omni back in 90's, because I could not see it depart. There are some cars which are fun to drive and you have memories of only how it performed, but then there are special one's which have been with you always, never ever let you down and have created tonne's of memories. For people from smaller towns, riding that brand new car with yellow temporary plate was quite a memory and probably you wont get that feeling even if you get a brand new S Class these days.

back in 2005, I had the privilege of driving and travelling in an Accent CRDi. I had learnt driving barely a year ago, on a 4-sp M800. Driving a smooth diesel with abundance of torque was like heaven to me. I still can't forget that experience and I confess, I still carry a soft corner for that car even today. It was my dad's friend's car and we have taken it on multiple road trips.

At one point, my dad was smitten by the Santro and wanted to get one. But he realized his usage was low and the 800 was going strong. And thus, the first time I sat or drove a Santro was in 2015. Can't believe I never got a chance to experience such a popular car. By then I had driven i10, i20 and Eon.
Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4420627)
Indeed a brilliant ad and quite touching too - The He-Man toy, Black Number Plate, Audio Cassettes in the glove box; almost everything takes us back to our childhood!

An a camera which needs rewinding to move the picture roll.:)
Those were the golden days for me. Even a 20 km outing on scooter/car was something that I used to look forward to (today my office commute is more than that).

Wow! Has it been 20 years already? I still remember the late 1990s when Hyundai came to Chennai to set up their plant and ran a bunch of imported black Atos and white Accents on the roads.

Nice ad. Hyundai has played a great part in progressing India's auto scene in the past two decades. Full credit.

However, maybe I'm biased but can we really find anyone who's holding on to their Santro, Accent or i10 after 10 or 15 years? They were good people movers but I don't think they clicked with the enthusiast as much as Ford, who came around the same time.

Hyundai India have come a long way.

For some reason, the ugly Santro really did take off for them. It is what set the ball rolling for Hyundai India. None of their cars had a design that appealed but they slowly and steadily gained trust as a brand.

Their portfolio of cars threatens almost every manufacturer today. Sharp design, loaded with tech and the drive is a marked improvement from what it used to be.