Team-BHP - Updated Accord. Now launched.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Updated Accord. Now launched. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20055-updated-accord-now-launched.html)

Japanese automaker Honda is all set to launch an updated model of their Accord car in India next month.

However, the disappointing news is that the company is also likely to increase the prices of their cars in India beginning this coming week.

A Honda company spokesperson said: “There has been pressure from increased input costs and the company has decided to hike prices across all the production models between 1.5 per cent and 2 per cent by next week.”
This means that their existing models in the market like the City, Civic, and Accord would become little bit more expensive in the coming days.
The company however is not likely to raise the price of the recently updated Honda CR-V model which already saw an updated price tag compared to the previous model.

I heard on one of the news channels that new accord will be launched this week ..

Really? From the information I was getting the lauch was scheduled for March-April. However, will confirm again with my source today.

Now that the topic has come up I remember reading it :

The price revision on the City and the Civic will be effective from Saturday. The price hike on the Accord will be announced after the launch of its new version on Jan 9.

Source:

Indiainfoline.com

The Telegraph

Quote:

Originally Posted by navdeep (Post 346048)
Japanese automaker Honda is all set to launch an updated model of their Accord car in India next month.

However, the disappointing news is that the company is also likely to increase the prices of their cars in India beginning this coming week.

A Honda company spokesperson said: “There has been pressure from increased input costs and the company has decided to hike prices across all the production models between 1.5 per cent and 2 per cent by next week.”
This means that their existing models in the market like the City, Civic, and Accord would become little bit more expensive in the coming days.
The company however is not likely to raise the price of the recently updated Honda CR-V model which already saw an updated price tag compared to the previous model.

Just my $.02 cents.OD ACI Jan has the scoop pics of it when it was found testing in Noida.:)

Ok just got off the phone with my contact & its confirmed that the new Accord is being launched tomorrow!! Rest of the information including Engine Options & Specs, Prices etc. will be communicated to me tomorrow itself. Will keep you guys updated.

Here's hoping the V-6 manual makes it this time around (Fingers Crossed!!)

thats a news .. may be we may have two launches tomorrow Accord and Swift

Thats good news. But I presume that the exteriors are not going to witness a radical change from the previous version and only the rear end would be significantly different. That is precisely what happened with the Accord here in the US. I personally like the new rear with the sleek spoiler cum centre light showing out of the trunk. Please see the picture below to understand what I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 350830)

Here's hoping the V-6 manual makes it this time around (Fingers Crossed!!)

same here..hoping for this news as well1..

The rear looks like a Mondeo + Merc Combination to me

Waiting anxiously for the new accord. If its a V6 manual, i might even start checking with banks .. it wud be a breeze. Raghav, then we'll talk about some lucky guy getting his hands on my current wheels ... for a price off course :)

It's confirmed the car has been launched today!!! Full specs & prices should be available to me by about 4 pm. Will keep you guys updated.

2007 accord launched...pls follow the link

Honda Car India: Honda Accord

Now the 2.4 gets auto but no manual for the 3L V6. The 2.4L engine seems to be the same as the older one. They havent upgraded it to the engine available on the CR-V.
The audio system still doesnt play mp3 also I think.
The auto box is now 5 speed too.

Werent they supposed to hike the price of Accord to 17 lacs or so ?On checking out their pricelist I found it otherwise . Its still the same . That makes Toyota Camry's " Not worth it " sense even stronger .