Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2018, 15:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda to focus on enhancing ownership experience

As part of its India 2.0 Project, Skoda has re-designed its entire sales and service network in India and introduced various digital tools with an aim to transform the ownership experience.

Skoda to focus on enhancing ownership experience-skoda.jpg

The carmaker will continue to offer services like its 4 Year Service Care package, which includes 4 years / 1,00,000 km warranty, 4 year road side assistance in an event of a mechanical or electrical failure, flat or weak battery, flat tyre, fuel exhaustion, mislaid key, breakdown and accident and optional 4 years / 60,000 km maintenance package.

The Skoda website now has an AI-enabled Chat Bot to facilitate around the clock customer support services. The carmaker has already introduced the MySkoda App which has features like Parking Assist, Service Cost Calculator and Accessories Shop. Users can also book a service appointment, locate their nearest dealership and connect with customer care. The app is available on Android and iOS platforms.

iService 1.0 is a tablet-based job card processing service designed for faster turnaround time at workshops. Package Pricing System Online (PPSO) allows the user to get an accurate cost of the repairs taking into account the model, cost of spare parts and labour charges. Finally, Auto Part is a spare part inventory management tool for dealerships.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:19   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda to focus on enhancing ownership experience

I genuinely pray that this is carried on in spirit as in letter.

Had raised a routine yearly service request two days back on the MySkoda app. The timeslot hadn't been confirmed till date by the dealer till today. Ultimately, had to call up my SA and confirm the appointment. :P
sharktale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 16:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

What these digital measures won’t change is the attitude of customer friendliness. Can someone in Skoda please look into that?
AkMar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 20:07   #4
BHPian

I bade a sad farewell to my Rapid 1.6TDi today after close to 6 years and 52000 Kms with it. Fortunately, I have never seen the bad side of the Skoda/VW service reputation. Service visits had always been pleasant and the follow-up was prompt. I guess Bengalooru is a good place to own these cars since I have generally seen nice reviews about the 2 dealers here, TAFE and Vinayaka.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 20:41   #5
BHPian

Why don't they show that they're really serious about it by providing resolution to their worst affected customers like Suhas Manjunath? Unless they go to such extents, I don't think anyone would bother trusting their scumbag dealers or the company itself.
I trust a random seller on AliExpress more than I trust Skoda or its dealers.

Last edited by theredliner : 23rd August 2018 at 20:43.
theredliner is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:04   #6
BHPian

Considering these applications into Smaller Yet Significant things, I would say first-rate customer experience with prompt and genuine service should be the thing to go.

Several experiences shared here have left state of bitterness. Keep your dealers/customers happy with reliable cars and best service.
This would mean simply clever
procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 11:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

One major drawback with Skoda A.S.S I see is that in most of the case, the service center is not co-located with showroom. May not be a big downer for many, but I see a lot of benefits. For one, the sales rep and service advisor can be bought in sync. Here is a simple example, I visited Skoda showroom to check out Octavia and asked for service costs/parts price, the sales rep was not too sure and could not connect me to service advisor.
Secondly most of their service centers are located at outskirts, they need to get them inside city . Just look at Bangalore, they have 3 or 4 centers and almost all are at outskirts. If I am a new to Skoda, I will definitely look for availability service center near my home.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 12:00   #8
BHPian

Except for the service and maintenance packages, the rest of it seems to be more of presentation by a marketing person who does not know the ground situation. It took 7 days for a friend of mine to get a new battery for his Octavia. I hope the changes will actually reflect on the ground too.
Deep Blue is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 13:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
As part of its India 2.0 Project, Skoda has re-designed its entire sales and service network in India and introduced various digital tools with an aim to transform the ownership experience.
What Skoda needs to do is keep a huge stock of parts at a Central location in India, if not at dealership level. Importing parts from abroad only increases turnaround time and customer dissatisfaction. No minor player can increase share in the long-run, unless it gets it service sorted!

Everytime my SA quoted about the part having to be imported for delay in resolution, it straight hit my nerves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
One major drawback with Skoda A.S.S I see is that in most of the case, the service center is not co-located with showroom.
That is not possible in today's rent market.
The A.S.S. requires huge area to accommodate the cars and machineries, more so for Skoda/VW and the likes, as they have limited dealers within a city.

However, these companies should have definitely incorporate or mark an area inside the showroom, where the computer-diagnostics can be performed.
A lot of time is spent in the A.S.S. just reading the error codes. This could have been easily done in the showroom, and thus help with further course of action.

Infact, I had recommended the same to the Eastern Service Head. He too liked the idea, and am hopeful someday it is realized too. I have had to send my car 2-3 times to the A.S.S. (15+ kms) just to evaluate the error-codes, when the showroom is 1 km away.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 13:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
That is not possible in today's rent market.
The A.S.S. requires huge area to accommodate the cars and machineries, more so for Skoda/VW and the likes, as they have limited dealers within a city.
Probably Skoda sales is the spoiler here. Maruti,Toyota,VW,Honda,Hyundai,Renault all have sales and service co-located(In the area I live). Its only Skoda and Ford who don't have these kind of facility.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 08:16   #11
Senior - BHPian

I welcome this initiative on a personal level. When a friend was out looking for a sedan, I suggested the Octavia (vRS, in fact) but she fell in love with the Superb and picked up the L&K variant. It's a beautiful car, well worth the money. And for her sake and mine, I really hope Skoda ups their ante and ensures a trouble-free experience to customers.

Each time I hear about some issues on Skoda, my BP does get bumped a little higher.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks