Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 14:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

FCA planning to launch Jeep Compass Black Pack

According to a media report, FCA India has revealed that the company plans to launch the Jeep Compass Black Pack this festive season.

FCA planning to launch Jeep Compass Black Pack-compass-black-pack.jpg

The Compass Black Pack will feature blacked-out exterior elements including the roof, ORVMs and alloy wheels. It will also get all-black interiors. Although technical details of the Black Pack haven't been disclosed, the SUV is likely to be mechanically identical to the standard Compass. It is unclear whether it will be offered as a limited edition variant.

In addition to the Black Pack, Jeep is also planning to introduce a top-spec Limited Plus variant to the Compass line up. It will get features like an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, sunroof and power operated driver's seat.

Source: Business Standard

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:15   #2
BHPian

Still no news of trail hawk, not sure what is with these cosmetic mods with all manufacturers now a days
sbanerjee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:11   #3
BHPian

Re: FCA planning to launch Jeep Compass Black Pack

Looks like FCA is following the market leader with these sticker/paint jobs

FCA, if you are reading this please bring the Diesel Automatic variant ASAP atleast the 2WD !

I preeume 4WD with Trailhawk treatment is coming in early 2019
vaasscit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 18:04   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Limited Plus variant to the Compass line up. It will get features like an 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system, sunroof and power operated driver's seat.
Don't care about the Black Pack, but the Premium Plus is interesting. Fixes few complaints on the features list that everyone had at launch.

The well rated 8.4 inch touchscreen from the US range instead of the 7 inch one from the current Limited version and the much awaited sunroof (hope it's panoramic!).

They really need to introduce automatic across the range, and not just wait it out for the Trailhawk introduction.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 19:16   #5
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What's with the blacking out of exteriors, it increases temperature inside the car requiring the AC compressor to run longer, it also increases engine bay temperature. All of this will have an effect on fuel economy. Two wheelers and pedestrians at traffic stops have to suffer the increased heat dissipation from the radiator and ac condenser coil fans.

I feel pity at folks who get their car blacked out.

Last edited by GTO : 6th September 2018 at 10:06. Reason: typos
aim120 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th September 2018, 19:53   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

The sales are declining month on month. They need to keep the interest going like how Hyundai and Maruti does, else it would lose steam without a doubt. But with these updates, they will keep bumping up the prices and it may not longer be considered as VFM.

Hope the service standards too will remain high class.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 20:04   #7
BHPian

Black pack is a welcome addition. One of the reasons I did not consider the limited was because of the white interiors. It would have been a maintenance nightmare with a kid in the car. Personally I love an all black interior. A sunroof would be a nice to have addition too along with the better 8" infotainment system.

All in all it looks like stock clearance to me which they have been trying since a long time, first by offering upgrades to limited edition, then the 5 year warranties etc. I think they will introduce the diesel automatic only later after they clear off some of the older stock. The initial rush has died down now
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 12:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
What's with the blacking out of exteriors, it increases temperature inside the car requiring the AC compressor to run longer, it also increases engine bay temperature. All of this will have an effect on fuel economy. Two wheelers and pedestrians at traffic stops have to suffer the increased heat dissipation from the radiator and ac condensor coil fans.

Really? Is that even a valid point anymore? Does it make such a big difference?

Last edited by GTO : 5th September 2018 at 13:03. Reason: Quoted post edited
frankmehta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 13:07   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Compass Black Pack will feature blacked-out exterior elements including the roof, ORVMs and alloy wheels. It will also get all-black interiors.
Looks smart! At least in the pictures, I love it! Very happy to hear of the new variant with additional features too.

But what FCA really needs is a Diesel AT variant. Why are they taking so long? Customers in the 20 lakh segment love ATs, and especially Diesel ATs. It sure doesn't help that the Compass' Petrol AT is mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
I feel pity at folks who get their car blacked out.
Come on, let's not exaggerate the effects. While a black car does hold a little more heat, today's air-con systems are more than capable of handling that.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 14:03   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Diesel AT and panoramic roof can help this car punch above it's weight. It's a handsome looking car with a great badge coming in a size that's perfect for urban driving.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:10   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Really? Is that even a valid point anymore? Does it make such a big difference?
It does not make a big difference in fuel economy, only about 2% as per the link below. It also increases the exhaust emission by similar percent.
https://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver...rs-cooler.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Come on, let's not exaggerate the effects. While a black car does hold a little more heat, today's air-con systems are more than capable of handling that.
I am not saying that, what I meant is that the air conditioner system has to work harder then they have to, which results in hotter air coming from the radiator/condenser fans.

When a car is parked, the inside of a white/silver car is definitely a lot cooler.
I personally know of two identical dash cams that have malfunctioned in black Honda city but not in a silver Honda Jazz and both of them where in the same place parked in my village.
aim120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:11   #12
BHPian

Launching the same car with few mod-jobs every few months will not do any good to sales graphs. FCA India must know this more than other manufacturers. Compass is their only breadwinner and its sales are falling constantly. With the upcoming launches of Tatas and Mahindras, the future of the compass is not looking bright. It's a good time FCA brings some core change to Compass (Diesel AT) and launch some new models in India. Cherokee and Wrangler at cut-throat prices will be a good start.
Amit_Kapoor4750 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 15:45   #13
Team-BHP Support

Looks smart! But if they decide to sell the export quality Compass in India (as a Limited plus or whatever) that would be even better - black interiors, larger touch screen and some functional buttons to replace the dummy slots on the steering wheel.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 16:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

A diesel AT is really the need of the hour than such exterior changes.
Would they offer this as a retrospective fitment (at charge) to existing owners?

Black pack launch during the festival season. Interesting indeed.
How many people would buy a black car during festivals?

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th September 2018 at 16:02.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 10:37   #15
BHPian

What is stopping FCA from launching the Trail Hawk AT here in India? They manufacture (or assemble?) it in India for exports to the RHD markets (Australia), so pricing shouldn't be an issue (not a CKD, good levels of localization, existing production line, etc.,).

Why don't they just hear us? What will make them hear us?

I might be soon in the market as my company car lease on my VW Jetta is getting over and would like to upgrade for a jack of all trades family car + city & highway car + proper AWD for my farm runs and don't see a fit in the market as the ones available are just soft roaders Tiguan, Tucson, Koidaq, et-al.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks