Team-BHP - Toyota Corolla Executive
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Corolla Executive (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20340-toyota-corolla-executive.html)

Hi,

Today I saw an ad in Delhi Times for Toyota Corolla Executive. It says that for TCE, loan of 7 lakh is available @ EMI of 11,200/- for 7 years.

I have a 1.5 years old Getz GLS, which had done about 32K KMs. For this I had taken a loan of 3.25 lakhs, EMI of which is 6,773/- for 5 years.

My company is giving me an option where I can buy the car in my wife/parents names, and they'll lease it from them and give it to me. Thus effectively I'll get that amount tax free. Therefore the difference between Corolla's EMI and Getz's EMI will come to be effectively 700-800 bucks.

So does it makes sense for me to sell my Getz and buy a Toyota Corolla Executive?

\N

Well, looks like you've already worked out the Math.. So why not pal.. Galaxy Toyota is pretty good. Have you also worked out the down payment.. There is a whale of a difference between a Getz and a Corolla. So you'll definitely have a ball.. However , leasing seems good, only if you plan to stick with company for long and in these times, who knows .. All the best though .
Cheers, dMH

I will get about 1.5-1.7 lakhs after selling my Getz and paying the balalnce on loan; about the same amount will be required for Corolla down payment.
The only diff will be in the duration of EMIs; the EMI of Getz will be over in another 3.5 years; whereas the EMI for Corolla will go on for 7 years.
Kya karein, kya na karein???

\N

Nice car but currently corolla executive will u phased out soon with new corolla Axio that's worries :( apart from that it's a nice deal .

I have considered that as well. But will that make it a lesser car than it is? I know the resale value will be affected; but anything else other than that?

\N

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 351354)
I have considered that as well. But will that make it a lesser car than it is? I know the resale value will be affected; but anything else other than that?

\N

In my opinion New corolla will be expensive & targeted towards Civic customers that's mean it will be not cheap as of now So if u don't mind Resale & New design then Go buy it ;)

City, Elantra, Optra 1.6 are also more or less in the same price-range (give or take 50K); so which one do you all think will be the best buy - Corolla Executive or one of these.

\N

Corolla for the price its coming for. The optra 1.6 is a good car and very spacious but the Corolla is a better powerplant and better service.. Why don't you take a test drive ..

I've driven all the above vehicles; and liked Corolla and Elantra most. But looks like Corolla is a better buy.

Till today morning I was happy with my Getz; but then saw this ad, did some maths and found out that I can have a better car for same EMI. And now I know I will not get peace of mind till the time I buy a new car. Damn advertisements !!!!

\N

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 351367)
City, Elantra, Optra 1.6 are also more or less in the same price-range (give or take 50K); so which one do you all think will be the best buy - Corolla Executive or one of these.

\N

City Zx Vtec is also a good option loaded with all accessories & Fun to drive but it's counts in C-segment ,Corolla executive will count in D-segment & it's got More power,Abs,Style Go for corolla !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntomer (Post 351383)
I know I will not get peace of mind till the time I buy a new car. Damn advertisements !!!!

\N

agree: Well, just go for the Corolla then pal.. There is one thing for sure and that is that the car will never dissappoint you.. After the Getz, it will keep you happy for a long time . And then you have tax savings.. Who likes paying extra tax anyway..

ntomer
Do u know how much does Corolla execuive cost on OTR ?

don't know for sure; but a colleague told me it's about 8.75-9 lakh. Will confirm it today evening.

\N

Considering the options you have put up I would go for the Corolla. Also it's quite bulletproof reliability wise & Toyota has good service. I don't think you have to worry about resale if you're gonna keep her for 7 years since by then the values would have stabilised.

Hi ntomer,

My sincere suggestion is don't sell Getz for the next 1 year or at least 10 months. In 1 year time you will have wide choices to pick up the car. Getz is very good car compared with Corolla although both are in different segment. I am sure as long as you are happy with Getz be happy for another 1 year and then plan to upgrade :) that will work out great because after 1 year you can buy even used top end corolla. Used car price will come down very soon because of lot of new launches this year and also because of increasing market share of the automobile in India.

This is just my personal view plz never mind If you didn't like my suggestion.

Regards,

Ravi.