Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2018, 17:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai India gets a new boss

Mr. Seon Seob Kim has been appointed as the new head of Hyundai India.

Hyundai India gets a new boss-hyundailogoslider.jpg

Kim, who is currently the Senior Vice President, Head of Business Operations Strategy Division at Hyundai Motor Company will replace Mr. Young Key Koo as MD and CEO of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. with immediate effect.

Mr. Y. K. Koo will head to Hyundai Motor Company Head Quarters in Seoul after completing his 3 year tenure as the head of Hyundai India. He has been a part of the senior management for 12 years. During his first stint from 1997-2001, he oversaw the launch of the 1st-gen Santro and Accent. During his second term from 2008-2011, he was involved in the sales and marketing operations.

Koo was appointed as the MD and CEO in November 2015. Under his leadership, Hyundai launched 8 new products including the new Elantra, Verna, Tucson, Grand i10, Xcent, Elite i20, Creta and the new Santro.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai India gets a new boss

Hyundai India has appointed Unsoo Kim as Managing Director of Hyundai Motor India Ltd. From Jan 1, 2022.

He will take over the role from Seon Seob Kim, who will lead a global role at Hyundai Motor Company's HQ in Seoul.

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 07:14   #3
Senior - BHPian

Two things Mr. Kim if you are keen to listen to the initiated bunch of this market!

1. Make your cars 4 stars safe at the very least. This may not be required for the larger public right now looking at the waiting period on the models you sell currently, but let me assure you that this will come back and bite you! Especially, the exports from India. I am still a little hopeful on that. So, change before it's too late.

2. Add a rear wiper for all variants. It's staggering that some of your cars don't get one even on the top end. For many states blessed with rains, we need that. Especially on the models with a tailgate - I don't have to tell you how aero work. And we love to drive in the rain!!

Both these will hardly cost you 20~30k per car based on your economies of scale, and I have a feeling the market can surely pay that for a well made Hyundai.

Congratulations on your role and please make this happen for us!

Last edited by manson : 18th December 2021 at 15:30. Reason: Typo.
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 09:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Two things Mr. Kim if you are keen to listen to the initiated bunch of this market!

1. Make your cars 4 stars safe at the very least. This may not be required for the larger public right now looking at the waiting period on the models you sell currently, but let me assure you that this will come back and bite you! Especially, the exports from India. I am still a little hopeful on that. So, change before it's too late.
!
There is nothing about being too late here. Lets say they suddenly make an organizational decision to not sell any cars less than 4 star cars. They will obviously have to price them higher than Suzuki and Tata. In the current market , if they do it, their volumes will crash.

It is not like Hyundai does not know how to make safe cars. Them selling unsafe cars is a choice to survive in this safety unregulated cost conscious market. They can do it as soon as regulations come in or when they detect a shift in market dynamics. For now, there is no business case to do it in lower segments.

Last edited by manson : 18th December 2021 at 15:31. Reason: Edited typo in quoted post.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2022, 22:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Ganesh Mani resigns

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other...8e72e998d0d028

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks