Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2019, 14:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors promotes Pratap Bose to VP of Global Design

TML has promoted Pratap Bose to VP of global design.
In my personal opinion, this is a well deserved promotion.
Bose and his team truly deserves plaudits for turning one of the oldest indian car manufacturers from sinking into oblivion through his funky design language.

From metamorphosizing the Manza to the Zest, the humdrum Vista to the BOLT, the good old Indica V2 to its snappy Tiago avataar, the Indigo mutating into the svelte TIGOR, the VISTA platform spawning the radical looking NEXON and finally the raison d'etre - HARRIER

Congrats to Pratap and his team. This gentleman is sure to go places in future.

https://auto.economictimes.indiatime...esign/67721314
arjab is online now   (30) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 15:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata Motors promotes Pratap Bose to VP of Global Design

Absolutely well deserved promotion. The man deserves all the accolades which come his way. From being a manufacturer which most of us would not even look towards (when considering one's next car purchase), today the company has one desirable product after the other- and a large part of it has to do with the fantastic and youthful design language. Tiago, Tigor, JTP twins, the Hexa and the Nexon. And now of course, the newest kid on the block, Harrier. Looking forward to how the 45X shapes up!

Well done, and keep up the great work Mr. Bose. Kudos!
arindambasu13 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 09:31   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Motors promotes Pratap Bose to VP of Global Design

I always thought of Tata's cars as being good-looking. The Indica was a head-turner at the time of launch, I liked the Indigo too and the Nano is cute. Even among their UVs, the Safari still has a fan following (although I don't like its disproportionate design at all) and the Aria was rather handsome for its time. The Xenon & Sierra? As badass as one can get.

Yet, Pratap & his team (which includes BHPian Salil Kulkarni who my ex-company had sent to the IED) have transformed Tata's designs. From being just good looking, they are well & truly at the top of the game today in terms of styling.

Well-deserved promotion. Congrats to Pratap!
GTO is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 17:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

There was a time when the families just wouldn't bother about the TATA vehicles - am talking about the last 3-5 years back. And then came Tiago - I noticed a lot of ladies checking out the car; that was a sure shot sign of the designs being acceptable and good. The day I saw the Zest tail lamp and the design flair, I was sure TATA has hired the right person. The new generation TATA cars easily gets into the potential buyers list without much deliberation now a days.

I am extremely happy with the new designs from TATA - they have desirability around it and that's where the first win for TATA is. And that's why the design team is crucial. Very well deserved Pratap. Not sure how much of an effort you had to put to convince the senior management to take a route away from the traditional looks to bring something new, knowing how lethargic TATA is (was) about such changes.

I hope you and your team keep chiseling out such brilliant designs going forth too.

PS: I think Pratap & his team is equally involved in the interior themes / design etc and remember his interview where he was talking about optimizing the HMI (Human Machine Interface) to give the best to the driver / passenger (size of the steering, gear knob etc). So, I think there is more to his team's contributions than just meeting the eye.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th January 2019 at 17:47.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 15:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Pratap Bose to participate in panel discussion to share some thoughts about career in car design or design in general, to be held on 19th December at ISDI (Indian School of Design and Innovation) Mumbai.

Tata Motors promotes Pratap Bose to VP of Global Design-20201208_153058.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks