Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2019, 18:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Nippon Paint X'press car care centre launched

Nippon Paint has launched its car painting and car care centre under the banner of Nippon Paint X'press in India. The first such store was opened in Gurgaon on January 23, 2019.

Nippon Paint X'press car care centre launched-nippon.jpg

The Nippon Paint X'press centre will be equipped with Green Efficiency paint systems and spectrophotometer-based computer colour matching tools. It will provide services like body and paint repairs along with value added services like Cera-Bond ceramic coating and other paint protection solutions. The company claims that the centre will be able to touch up or repaint cars and deliver them in a day or two.

Nippon Paint X'press car care centre launched-photograph-1.jpg

Nippon Paint has also announced a sponsorship program as part of which, 5 students from the Pragati Wheel School, New Delhi will receive vocational training.

Nippon Paint X'press car care centre launched-photograph-2.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 19:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nippon Paint X'press car care centre launched

Just what the doctor prescribed!

I seriously wouldn't mind paying for a top notch job provided it still undercuts the ASC! In most cases, I feel ASC's and FNG's would do a decent job on paint matching but when it comes to clear coat quality and quantity, it's terrible! With a small nick, the newly painted panels would get scratched. In a few months, it's back to square one! On the flipside, factory finished paint jobs last far longer!

I hope these new Nippon centres would change the game for good!
Turbohead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 09:32   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
I seriously wouldn't mind paying for a top notch job provided it still undercuts the ASC!
So agreed! Just like 3M filled the detailing gap between local unorganised fellows and the pricey dealer workshops, I think there is a market for organised paint booths like this Nippon one.

What a dumb press release though. They haven't provided a single image of the actual car care center, range of paints, a painted car...nothing. Idiots. This is despite me asking the PR company for the same. Some PR companies are just useless at their jobs. Is a potential customer going to take a call based on seeing that dude's face, the speech & garland ceremony or the donation being given?
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 02:23   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
So agreed! Just like 3M filled the detailing gap between local unorganised fellows and the pricey dealer workshops, I think there is a market for organised paint booths like this Nippon one.

What a dumb press release though. They haven't provided a single image of the actual car care center, range of paints, a painted car...nothing. Idiots. This is despite me asking the PR company for the same. Some PR companies are just useless at their jobs. Is a potential customer going to take a call based on seeing that dude's face, the speech & garland ceremony or the donation being given?
Hopeless marketing/PR overall. Forget the dudes face, there is no listing on Google or Google Maps either. Not sure how I am supposed to find these guys.
Viraat13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 07:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Exactly my thought. Absolutely no information about the paint shop in that article. The very least could have been the location in Gurgaon. Have they started the service or it is just the idea being presented right now (looks like that going by the article).
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2019, 08:19   #6
BHPian

http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...harashtra-1980

Looks like they already attempted a launch back in 2012 in Maharashtra. Probably it never really took off.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:47   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

A video:

Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks