Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 10:29   #1
BHPian

Honda showrooms to get a major revamp

After Maruti Suzuki, it is now Honda's turn to revamp their dealer network.

Quote:
Honda Cars India has announced a brand revamp across all its outlets in the country. The company has confirmed that all its touch points will adapt a new identity as part of a brand modernisation initiative.

As part of the showroom overhaul, all outlets will receive new a new interior colour scheme, to give them a fresh look. Honda will have a common customer lounge for sales and service customers; this will be decorated with the wood decor seen in the rest of the showroom as well.

Honda is also planning to add a “Honda Café” in each showroom as part of this initiative. The carmaker will also update its customer interface with large 75.0-inch digital screens meant to help its customers to personalise their vehicles.

The company is currently gearing up to launch the new Honda Civic sedan in India next month.
Link: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-revamp-411386
Aaron:) is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 11:12   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda showrooms to get a major revamp

I am not sure how much interior design of showrooms is going to change sales numbers. Nevertheless a welcome move, showing their willingness to enhance customer experience.

2 years back when I was hunting for a new car, my experience with Honda showrooms (I tried two in Bangalore) was pathetic, heavy headed people tested my patience. Although I understand this could be a showroom specific thing, I felt Honda should place checks and balances to keep the dealers behave well.

Sometimes all it takes is a gentle smile and the way you welcome a customer. Little things can make or break a deal.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 13:10. Reason: thingy == thing
Old 5th February 2019, 12:22   #3
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 6th February 2019 at 11:07.
Rohit_Quad is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th February 2019, 13:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Honda to revamp its dealer network

Honda is revamping its existing showrooms and service centres in India.

Honda showrooms to get a major revamp-day-view-2-1.jpg

The dealerships could adopt a new design with revised exteriors, interiors and a new customer interface. The exterior is expected to feature bold logos to stand out in the urban environment and large red coloured entry portals. Reduced glazing is said to help control heat and enhance energy efficiency. On the inside, the showrooms are expected to have a clutter-free environment with separate car display areas and zones for customer interaction. They could have a lounge area with wood decor and a cafe. All Honda showrooms might also be equipped with a 75-inch LED screen for product videos, accessory and colour configurators.

Honda showrooms to get a major revamp-day-view-11.jpg

Honda is also looking to include a digital workshop management system called iWorkshop. The system provides tablet-based check-in and has features such as estimate on emails, bay management, re-estimate approval and online payment.

Honda showrooms to get a major revamp-night-vie-21.jpg

Honda currently has 350 dealerships spread across 239 cities. These will be updated within the next 3 years.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:04   #5
BHPian

Honda, should first concentrate on regaining the customer trust and should improve on the quality which made them a Premium OEM.
Updates to the show rooms will help, only when the footfalls in to the showroom increases. For which, they should bring in new models and should match the competition in features with out losing their technical prowess in packaging and build.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 13:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I go to a car showroom, somehow the decor is not a priority that helps me decide whether to go ahead with the purchase. Why not invest in better products that people have been asking for, such as Auto Jazz with Magic seats, Auto WR-V etc, rather than spending so much revamping each and every showroom? I haven't yet seen a run-down Honda showroom with a dire need of upgrade.

Seems more like a government election year expenditure.
ani_meher is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 09:22   #7
BHPian

The look and feel of the showrooms does make an impression on the regular customer. The more premium they make the customer, the more the likelyhood of customers spending the big bucks!!

What HONDA should also look at is the way the showrooms behave with customers. I've always felt Honda sales team acts a bit arrogant. Their online enquiry process is also not good. Its been 3 weeks since I registered an interest on their Honda City and no one from their showroom has called yet. The head office has called me thrice in the meantime.
krish3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:10   #8
Team-BHP Support

I think this implies that Honda wants move upmarket and compete with Toyota/Skoda/VW instead of Maruti/Tata. But I wonder who pays for all this - dealer, manufacturer or customer (via inflated service bills!).
SmartCat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hope Honda can also revamp their products to reflect this overhaul.

The cost cutting got to a very apparent and cheap state. Honda clearly needs to go back to their older drawing books.

Even if they have have fixed the alarming niggles of the different models in the current portfolio, the cars are not really desirable as it was in the past.

For instance, the previous generation City feels go good even now compared to the current one. Else, a rejuvenated Tata or Kia can easily take Honda's place in our market - not just sales, but mindshare as well.

And I hope this overhaul starts with the intro of the new Civic.

Last edited by deetjohn : 6th February 2019 at 10:30. Reason: Typo
deetjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 10:42   #10
BHPian

Having had 4 different honda cars over the past decade, I've been in and out of their showrooms and service centers across multiple cities countless times. Haven't experience anything which would push a customer away, they too have a typical minimalist yet modern decor typical to most organisations. At least In comparison to Maruti, Tata and Hyundai, Honda would still score higher in this regard.

What really became a problem, is that they no longer had products that made me 'want' to visit their showroom. They need to have some Halo products which help retain the desirability quotient. Thankfully with the launch of Civic, the lineup inside won't look so bleak.

OT: It might not be such a bad idea to display bikes like the Africa Twin etc. inside the showroom, or vintage Honda cars. Might sound a little over the top, but pretty certain many people would be enamored by the legacy of the brand. Because frankly right now, the dissonance between Honda the brand and the products it offers here, is just too huge to digest.

Last edited by avisidhu : 6th February 2019 at 10:44.
avisidhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:12   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
I am not sure how much interior design of showrooms is going to change sales numbers.
This is a very sly way to force all dealerships into a renovation. Do note that Honda has been around since 2 decades in India, and a lot of its dealerships are 10+ years old. This 'forced renovation' was mastered by Maruti and its 'Arena' initiative.

Agreed with all BHPians on the need for them to get back to the 'real Honda' days of quality. Even Hyundai has overtaken Honda in quality now.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:30   #12
Senior - BHPian

Honda Car India is all set to announce the market launch and pricing of special “Exclusive Edition” models tomorrow. The Honda WR-V, Amaze and Jazz will get cosmetic upgrades as part of this package.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...omorrow-411422
Old 6th February 2019, 11:57   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
But I wonder who pays for all this - dealer, manufacturer or customer (via inflated service bills!).
As has been the trend, its the dealership which bears the cost. Manufacturers either take it one time or over a period of time, but for sure over 90% of cost would be borne by the dealer if not 100%.

I am unsure why no one from press asks this?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 12:08   #14
Team-BHP Support

Patient: 'I'm struggling amongst my peer group. My quality of work has fallen, I'm overpaid for what I do and I can't see a clear path out of this mess.'

Counselor: 'Consider changing your wardrobe.'

Patient: 'Yeah, that should do it. New clothes!'
Chetan_Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 12:53   #15
BHPian

Hope there is also a positive change in how the SA interacts with prospect and existing customers. Have been owning Honda(s) since gen 1 Honda City and have seen a drastic fall. Went to buy a second car, was almost sold on CRV, but SA advised against it and bought NHC. Next time, just visited the showroom after leaving the car for service and SA advised to exchange Civic with City even though Accord was on sale. Went to buy Jazz and SA kept pushing Brio.
jayguar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks