Team-BHP - Honda classifies Indian diesel as not refined enough.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda classifies Indian diesel as not refined enough. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20676-honda-classifies-indian-diesel-not-refined-enough.html)

Dont want this to be a honda bashing thread.

CNBC india quoted honda officials as saying that Honda is unable to bring their diesel engines into india because diesel in India is not refined enough.

What does this mean,is it because of adulteration in fuel or are we dealing with substandard diesel for our vehicles in India.If it is adulteration then why isn't the Government of India not doing anything with regards to checking this racket.Why dont we have the best quality diesel if it is the question of diesel refinement after all we are paying much more than most countries would do for the same amount of fuel.

What about the premium diesels like Turbojet,they too not upto international levels?

We may just loose out on the benefit of modern engines unless fuel quality is improved and more and more private players enter into this segment especially retailing of fuel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 359233)
We may just loose out on the benefit of modern engines unless fuel quality is improved and more and more private players enter into this segment especially retailing of fuel.

We're getting modern enough engines, even if Honda isnt giving them to us. Thank you, Hyundai, then Ford and now Maruti.

This is rubbish by honda thats all. As steeroid says if hyundai, ford and maruti can get the latest tech in diesel and even tata soon why cant honda.

It's just their snobbish attitude. Since they are selling the petrols well they dont want to change that.

They are losing out on the big picture.

I am a honda fan true but thats a lame excuse for sure.

ps: oops think i did bash honda there but it's the truth.

Do we get ULSD in India? Do Hondas run on anything other than ULSD?

Oh!! Just another lame excuse not to bring the Diesel CRV!!

C'mon Honda!! Don't make us miss Surochimo!! If he was around, We could be driving one of those by now!!

I guess our diesels are as good or as bad as our petrols. Adulteration/sub-standard quality can't affect only diesel.

ULSD or ultra low sulphur diesel is only available in USA and singapore i think. I saw it there at the fuel bunks.

v1p3r that was a joke right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 359233)
What about the premium diesels like Turbojet,they too not upto international levels?

Toyota has a problem with these premium diesels in their Innova - and recommends against using any. Its not that the diesel quality is bad, more so than the sulfur content. Jap engines typically have an affinity towards low-sulfur diesels

If honda is after ULSD , why dont they sell diesel cars in USA?. The reality is that Honda is trying to make a headway into diesel engine technology and for now they dont have much to say about.

Hmm..If the premium German marques can bring their best diesels here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 359249)
ULSD or ultra low sulphur diesel is only available in USA and singapore i think. I saw it there at the fuel bunks.

Vid i dont think even America has the best diesel there have just introduced ULSD only very recently, I believe the best available would be in europe

I feel Honda is just making an excuse till they can expand production to cater to diesel segment too...

As of now, Honda is having almos 100% demand for their cars... Whtever they priduce are being sold out... They dont need to hurry in with diesels... So, might be an excuse foe taking their own sweet time getting here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 359249)

Hey, I'm dead serious. AFAIK, the UK and continental Europe have ULSD. The US does not.

That's not to say I'm correct.

Diesel doesnt sell in the us because a. Its more expensive than gasoline and b. Americans still think diesel is dirty. Low sulfur diesel will be introed in the us quite soon. That being said i do think the diesel cr-v is a good idea.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 359344)
Hey, I'm dead serious. AFAIK, the UK and continental Europe have ULSD. The US does not.

That's not to say I'm correct.

From OCT 2006 ULSD was made standard(compulsory) accross the US.Coinciding with this Mercedes launched the Blutec line of diesels in US.

Fuels: United States