Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2019, 16:50   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched

Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending this information. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Special thanks to Dr. Kandas for sharing more details on 6 years extended warranty for Skoda Cars (picture attached). It can be bought from the workshop.
Skoda Shield Plus with 6 year extended warranty launched-image1.jpeg
blackwasp is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 17:27   #32
BHPian

Visited Jai Auto Skoda@Gurgaon yesterday and asked for the details. Before that had spoken to the Skoda Care on their toll free. I was given the name of the CRM and Phone number at Jai Auto to be contacted for the extended warranty. But no one at the service centre had any idea. Finally ended up sharing the above image with them and have asked them to check and confirm. Else will go to some other dealership to get this.
Old 29th April 2019, 07:13   #33
BHPian

Great , thanks for that image, I had enquired about extended warranty for my 2017 Rapid, and the dealership in Pune promptly denied it, saying it’s available only for 2019 cars!
The dealers themselves do not know about the schemes from company! Strange!
Old 23rd July 2019, 16:13   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
It's not true. I got my NCB added into my skoda shield for my Monte Carlo.
Hi: Would really help if you can shed some light on how you managed to do so. Thank you!

Madhu
Old 12th October 2019, 06:57   #35
BHPian

This extended warranty, does it have to be clubbed with new vehicle purchase or surely can be bought at service centre a year later?
SA in Bengaluru says it is tied to their insurance and has to be bought with new vehicle only.

But as I read in this thread, based on the news paper cutout @blackwasp posted, it can be bought separately whenever we want (although at additional cost, maybe)?
Old 12th October 2019, 08:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinath_m2 View Post
This extended warranty, does it have to be clubbed with new vehicle purchase or surely can be bought at service centre a year later?
SA in Bengaluru says it is tied to their insurance and has to be bought with new vehicle only.

But as I read in this thread, based on the news paper cutout @blackwasp posted, it can be bought separately whenever we want (although at additional cost, maybe)?

Can be bought separately after vehicle purchase as long as the vehicle is under the 4 year warranty program. My Octavia is in its 4th year now and I will be purchasing the warranty for the 5th and 6th year in a couple of weeks. Will update the thread when I do that.

Rohan
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 00:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanDheman View Post
Can be bought separately after vehicle purchase as long as the vehicle is under the 4 year warranty program. My Octavia is in its 4th year now and I will be purchasing the warranty for the 5th and 6th year in a couple of weeks. Will update the thread when I do that.

Rohan
Check out. They will insist on selling this only if you renew the insurance along with it. Or if you have insurance from Bajaj alliance only. Mine is from ICICI and hence was denied. So waiting for renewal time to move to Bajaj alliance and then get the extended warranty, as I am in the third year now. Also extended warranty will be offered only if the vehicle has not crossed 1200 days from the date of purchase.

Please let us know your experience.
Karvel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 08:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Check out. They will insist on selling this only if you renew the insurance along with it. Or if you have insurance from Bajaj alliance only. Mine is from ICICI and hence was denied. So waiting for renewal time to move to Bajaj alliance and then get the extended warranty, as I am in the third year now. Also extended warranty will be offered only if the vehicle has not crossed 1200 days from the date of purchase.
Exactly what I heard too. Few SAs are saying you can take it until 3rd year with insurance from them (shield plus), few are saying it can be taken separately and few are saying it just cannot be done unless you buy new vehicle insurance with them!
May be shop around who is most accommodating of them all?
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post

Please let us know your experience.
Cross posting from Octavia thread

Got the extended warranty for my Octavia TDI in its 4th year now. Paid an amount of 81431 inclusive of 18% GST.

Was a pretty straight forward affair. Walked in, showed the RC, gave the cheque and was out in 10 minutes. No questions asked. Its expensive yes but i think its worth the price since i am now covered till October 2022.

@Karvel- my insurance is from ICICI and is renewed through the Jai Auto guys. No issues at all. They did not even see the policy papers. Just processed the request in no time. Please go to the workshop when you can and speak with Mahaveer Rawat. He is the person i dealt with.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 3rd January 2020 at 12:55. Reason: Typo
RohanDheman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:15   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Cross posting from Octavia thread

Got the extended warranty for my Octavia TDI in its 4th year now. Paid an amount of 81431 inclusive of 18% GST.

Cheers
Rohan
I missed out on this offer as my car was purchased in January 2016. Agree 81K is a lot but I just may have taken it myself if given the chance.
Old 3rd January 2020, 15:26   #41
BHPian

I have been told by 2 dealer, my primary dealer @Nagpur and @Hyderabad that this is not applicable to old Kodiaq which comes with 4 years warranty, is this true or if not is there any notification, Skoda contacts to reach out too?

-Pramod
Old 4th January 2020, 13:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:

@Karvel- my insurance is from ICICI and is renewed through the Jai Auto guys. No issues at all. They did not even see the policy papers. Just processed the request in no time. Please go to the workshop when you can and speak with Mahaveer Rawat. He is the person i dealt with.

Cheers
Rohan
Thanks Rohan for the update. Going today evening. Will update once done.
Old 4th January 2020, 18:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I have been told by 2 dealer, my primary dealer @Nagpur and @Hyderabad that this is not applicable to old Kodiaq which comes with 4 years warranty, is this true or if not is there any notification, Skoda contacts to reach out too?

-Pramod

Absolute crap. It's very much applicable for the Kodiaq. In fact it's only for cars sold after 1 September 2016 that came with the standard 4 year warranty.

Just tweet to Zac Hollis if they don't agree with you.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 12:30   #44
BHPian

First of all, I would like to thank team-BHP for approving my membership request. This is my first post.
I want a clarification on the below mentioned-
Skoda is offering me 2-year extended warranty for 5th & 6th Year @ INR 30,780/-
My Vehicle - Rapid 1.6 MPI Ambition
Model Year - 2018
Standard warranty - 4 Years will expire in 2022

Please advice whether to opt for extended warranty or not.
Note - 1. Car is driven only by me.
2. After reading almost every thread related to extended warranty here I got a mixed feeling for the same. My observations after reading all related threads are as follows -
a) Got a feeling that for Skoda/VW cars maximum possible warranty must be opted by default, this encourages me to go for 2 Years extended warranty.
b) But based on few feedback I got a feeling that Skoda/VW is not trustworthy when it comes to warranty claims, specially if you have some modifications in your car, in my case I have installed RCD 330G Plus in my Ambition variant which came factory fitted with 2-din infotainment system. Also, I am planning to install Philips Ultinon LED in my car as the stock halogen headlamps are no good for night drives.
Old 16th August 2020, 14:01   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
Please advice whether to opt for extended warranty or not.
Absolutely Yes!
And I would advise to defer from changing the headlamp bulbs or any similar mod till the end of warranty period.
Skoda's Service is hit or miss. Case in point https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...da-mumbai.html (The new normal, or the old usual - Service nightmare with Autobahn Skoda, Mumbai)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks