Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2007, 07:12   #16

Honda had also recalled the new Honda City to replace the front shock absorbers about a year and a half back.
Old 24th January 2007, 06:30   #17
BANNED

The recalls that caught the highest press attention were for the 1st batch of Ford Fusion & Indica V1.

The recalls combined with Ford's bad A.S.S badly affected the sales of Fusion but Indica sailed through all the initial quality problems.
Old 24th January 2007, 11:08   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Good point, Mithun. The Indica version 1.0 did have a massive recall, and a ton of parts were changed to bring them to v2 spec.
Old 24th January 2007, 22:21   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe that even a certain batch of Indian E Petrols were recalled around 2004 and a certain part fixed.
The W211 series.
Cheers
Old 25th January 2007, 10:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

I think Honda has the unique distinction of recalling, silently or otherwise, every car that they launched in India. I think the OHC had a recall for some suspension or bumper thing, the NHC for suspension, Accord for faulty fuel pump and the a few Civic's have faulty engine mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
that was a unique case and happened only with one consumer.you would have read it in one of the car magazines.
As per ACI report's a few Civic's have faulty engine mounts that cause some noises from the engine bay. Even ACI's long term Civic had the engine mounting issue. The latest ACI has the details.

when Ford Ikon was launched, there were reports of high fuel consumption and they silently asked the dealers to make changes to the ECU for all cars as they come in for regular service. They "dumbed down" the low end response of the car.
Old 25th January 2007, 16:30   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
The recalls that caught the highest press attention were for the 1st batch of Ford Fusion & Indica V1.

The recalls combined with Ford's bad A.S.S badly affected the sales of Fusion but Indica sailed through all the initial quality problems.
Indica V1 meaning the very first indicas ???? man, they were a riot. did they really recall all of them ? i have my doubts
Old 30th January 2007, 17:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Latest recalls issued by Transport Canada for Honda Accords and Toyota Tundras.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:17   #23
BHPian

Safety Recalls

Hi All. Its been my pleasure to read and get educated on so many aspects of motoring through these pages and also the courageous stand taken by team-bhp on the 'skodagate' issues.

Of late the spate of recalls from Toyota has been making waves. Now looks like Honda is doing recalls for airbag related issues.

Recently I overheard in a gathering of a luxury sedan whose airbag did not deploy in a high speed accident because the seat belt was on. Is this is a glitch. Unable to verify the make.

"When the scorpio was first released there were some issues with the braking and also of turning turtle" One of my close friends had a miraculous escape.

Has there ever been of any recall or even a large scale rectification of defects in India by any manufacturer.

Are Indian Automobiles glitch free, or is it that we are all aware of information which would qualify for recall but choose to just accept things and go our own merry ways.

Can we compile a list of known vagaries.

Moderators: If this issue has already been discussed would appreciate if this could be pointed there as my search did not throw up anything similar .
Old 10th February 2010, 13:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Indica V1 meaning the very first indicas ???? man, they were a riot. did they really recall all of them ? i have my doubts
Yes they did. I remember that all the indica owners (incl. me) were given free upgrade kit and was widely advertised, somewhere in 2000-01. All you had to do was get a number from a service camp near you and send your car for the upgrade. The parts that were upgraded were related to the suspension, fan belt, etc. Anyone have any links to the advertisements??
Old 10th February 2010, 16:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Yes they did. I remember that all the indica owners (incl. me) were given free upgrade kit and was widely advertised, somewhere in 2000-01. All you had to do was get a number from a service camp near you and send your car for the upgrade. The parts that were upgraded were related to the suspension, fan belt, etc. Anyone have any links to the advertisements??
Thats cool. So you got a V2 for the price of a V1. Worth the recall i'd say!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks