Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2019, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Skoda Octavia Corporate Edition launched @ 15.49 lakhs

https://www.carwale.com/news/skoda-o...rs-1549-lakhs/

I believe that at 16.99 lacs, the Octavia diesel manual is extremely good value if compared to competition.

The petrol manual 1.4 tsi I haven't driven so can't comment. But at 15.49 lacs, looks great.

Edit: I checked the prices online and it looks like a reduction in ex showroom price by 50k for the TSi and 1 lac for the Tdi.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 18th March 2019 at 15:08.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 15:26   #2
BHPian

re: Skoda Octavia Corporate Edition launched @ 15.49 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

I believe that at 16.99 lacs, the Octavia diesel manual is extremely good value if compared to competition.

The petrol manual 1.4 tsi I haven't driven so can't comment. But at 15.49 lacs, looks great.

Edit: I checked the prices online and it looks like a reduction in ex showroom price by 50k for the TSi and 1 lac for the Tdi.
This could be the Civic launch effect, they might be making Octavia as a value proposition in comparison to Civic, which is overpriced in my opinion.
Highh5 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 17:27   #3
BHPian

What is different about this corporate edition ?
I read that color option is limited to white but nothing is mentioned in the skoda india site.
Are there any restriction or policy defining the actual purchase ?
Old 18th March 2019, 19:15   #4
BHPian

Corporate edition is only in Manual style variant. Colour options available is only white.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 19:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

The only caveat, as per this article, is that the Octavia Corporate Edition is being exclusively offered to the existing Skoda customers only. Something like a loyalty program for current Rapid owners I guess.
nikipedia87 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 20:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Something like a loyalty program for current Rapid owners I guess.
Must be a pseudo-reward for those who hung with Skoda during it's troubled times. It's seems really active now that it has taken charge of the Indian region sales wise.

To whom it may concern (and dissuade), my Octavia is with the service centre for over a month now, and an criticial engine component to be replaced is being imported from Czech. Details of my travesty is encapsulated on the Official Review thread.

Cheers!
sharktale is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 20:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
The only caveat, as per this article, is that the Octavia Corporate Edition is being exclusively offered to the existing Skoda customers only. Something like a loyalty program for current Rapid owners I guess.
They have been doing this for sometime now. They did the same thing with the Superb and now this. Absurd, but may be they are trying to enter the commercial car rental business with this. Usually commercial businesses have a few Skodas anyway so it should not be an issue for them.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 20:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Octavia corporate edition launched

There is already a variant called the Ambition which is listed at the same price as the so called Corporate edition. It works out to about 20 lakhs on road for the petrol and about 21.5 for the diesel. It offers decent kit, 4 airbags and most of the safety kit.

Makes the Jeep Compass, Corolla and the Elantra look ordinary!
motorworks is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 22:44   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Usually commercial businesses have a few Skodas anyway so it should not be an issue for them.
I have never seen a Skoda with a yellow plate
porsche_guy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 08:59   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia Corporate Edition launched @ 15.49 lakhs

I heard that dealers eventually did sell the Superb Corporate edition to 1st-time Skoda owners, so I'm pretty sure it'll be the case with this car too. End of the day, Skoda is here to sell cars & not restrict their sales.

Has 4 airbags, ESP, dual-zone climate control and a bundle for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay. 6-year warranty also available (a MUST with any German car). And frankly, I think European cars look their best in white & silver, so that's not a bother either. Just think of how hot this car will look with a blackened roof & rims.

The Diesel MT should be 19.xx lakhs on the road in Bombay. That is TERRIFIC value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
To whom it may concern (and dissuade), my Octavia is with the service centre for over a month now, and an criticial engine component to be replaced is being imported from Czech. Details of my travesty is encapsulated on the Official Review thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Good point! Now that you mention it, neither have I.
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 09:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep, I did see a Rapid with yellow plates parked right next to me while having breakfast at the local idli wala. It didn't strike to me that Skoda with yellow plates was very rare, my bad didn't take a pic. Moreover, I was about to strike a conversation with the driver but somehow missed it.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 19th March 2019 at 09:38.
rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 09:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
This is one of those things that you don’t think about till someone states it out aloud ! I asked the 4 people sitting around me as well, no one seems to recall having seen a Skoda with commercial plates !
reihem is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Slightly Off topic:

Funny thing, in Nepal, where i travel quite frequently for work, I see a lot of car rental companies using the Rapid. They must be having an even more thin service network and I am told they are very happy with the overall package (i.e. the rapid).

If it is doable there I am sure Skoda should try it out in India as well considering their diesels are very fuel efficient.

P.S: Octavia has a decent back seat too.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 10:14   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Enough with the yellow plate discussion please.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 11:18   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I heard that dealers eventually did sell the Superb Corporate edition to 1st-time Skoda owners, so I'm pretty sure it'll be the case with this car too.
That makes more sense. Why would you want to restrict your target segment? Maybe they can give existing Skoda customers a loyalty discount, but keep your cars open for all.

Quote:
The Diesel MT should be 19.xx lakhs on the road in Bombay. That is TERRIFIC value for money.
I'm sure the petrol manual at around 19 lakh OTR Bangalore is also great value for money. That engine is segment-leading, and for a base model, it has pretty much everything covered and some more.

Wonder if those who were considering the Civic V will look at the Octavia Corporate edition now, or would they keep away considering Skoda's ASS reputation.
nikipedia87 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks