Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 13:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted

The updated Maruti Suzuki Eeco has been spotted at a dealer yard. The spy images suggest that the new model will come equipped with all the mandatory safety features.

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-2019marutisuzukieeco1068x587.jpg

The new Eeco is equipped with two parking sensors at the rear. The car is also expected to get ABS, a driver side airbag, seat belt reminder and high-speed warning system. Apart from these safety features no other mechanical changes are expected.

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-2019marutisuzukieeco2640x339.jpg

The Maruti Suzuki Eeco is powered by a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine that produces 73 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 101 Nm of torque @ 3,000 rpm. The 7-seat MPV is also offered with a CNG option.

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-2019marutisuzukieeco1640x398.jpg

The Eeco is likely to be re-engineered to meet full-frontal impact, frontal offset and side impact crash tests in the near future. The Maruti Omni on the other hand will not receive the crash safety or emissions updates and will be discontinued.

Source: Gaadiwaadi

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted

Eeco can't be made safe in it's present avatar due to it's narrow stance and tall proportions , it may keel over when a portly person leans on it, that's how it looks. I've driven my family once in a borrowed Omni to a marriage and at places when one takes a turn is the most hair raising, if you're not familiar with the tall and narrow stance.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Eeco can't be made safe in it's present avatar due to it's narrow stance and tall proportions , it may keel over when a portly person leans on it, that's how it looks. I've driven my family once in a borrowed Omni to a marriage and at places when one takes a turn is the most hair raising, if you're not familiar with the tall and narrow stance.
The EECO was based on the Suzuki Every van which was crash compliant in Japan in the 2000s itself. So, engineering the same to meet Indian Crash regulations might not be a big stretch, believe it or not.
Carma2017 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 13:34   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Eeco can't be made safe
Make no mistake - Safe here means the ability to barely 'pass' the minimum requirements of the upcoming norms - nothing more!

Makes sense too - rural economy and demand would be crippled if, all of a sudden - all options like the Omni, Eeco, Bolero etc are removed from the market.

Eeco will take over from where the Omni withdraws.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

It had to happen, since there is a good demand for these vans even now. OMNI regularly shows up in Top10/20 list.

These are critical vehicles as they perform various duties ranging from school vans, ambulances goods carrier etc.
I am glad that Maruti invested in making it future complaint, as there are lot of people who need low budget utility vans in our country.

I am a big OMNI fan, and the high-roof version is my favorite. Its SAD to see it being axed after a long illustrious stint.

Last edited by silverado : 20th March 2019 at 20:05.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:15   #6
BHPian

The eeco was figuratively begging for safety features and I am so glad that Maruti has finally them. The eeco, in my humble opinion is a beefed up omni. On the other hand, I think it is about time that Maruti scraps the eeco and launches a new model based on a newer and safer platform, although it seems far fetched. The newer age platforms are disappointing, with the likes of the baleno and the swift focusing more on fuel economy than safety
Vinay23 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2019, 08:21   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Makes sense too - rural economy and demand would be crippled if, all of a sudden - all options like the Omni, Eeco, Bolero etc are removed from the market.
Or if they become more expensive. An Eeco can be made three times safer than it currently is, but the cost will shoot up by 1.5 lakhs minimum. Fleet owners & commercial operators care two hoots about safety & will abandon the model overnight.

In that sense, I appreciate what the government is doing via legislation. This is just the start IMHO. Just as they did with emissions regulations, I think we'll eventually get to European safety standards in 10 - 15 years.

On a related note, sales of small commercial vehicles (like the Tata Ace) are bound to go up as the Eeco becomes more expensive. The Tata Ace doesn't have to meet the kind of rules an Eeco does.

Last edited by GTO : 21st March 2019 at 08:22.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 17:09   #8
BHPian

2019 Maruti Suzuki Eeco Launched In India At Rs. 3.51 Lakh

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-capture.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-2019marutisuzukieecolaunched1640x480.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-eccocupholder.jpg

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-wehavemovedofficessquare.jpg

Source: https://gaadiwaadi.com/2019-maruti-s...-rs-3-51-lakh/
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 23:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

The new updated brochure of 2019 Eeco is attached below:-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Eeco_Brochure.pdf (4.42 MB, 382 views)
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 01:23   #10
BANNED

Can't judge till there's a crash test done. All these are hollow claims till proved.
H_Dogg72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 01:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

I thought that the ancient Eeco was the ugliest and most uninspiring car on earth till the day i encountered the current Toyota Sienta.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-dsc05301.jpg  

nickatnite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2019, 17:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Dogg72 View Post
Can't judge till there's a crash test done. All these are hollow claims till proved.
There's nothing to judge here, the body shell is the same that was Crash Tested by Global NCAP in 2016 and found UNSTABLE, these safety additions are just a stop gap arrangement to comply to the safety norms till the stricter Crash (Front Offset, Frontal, Side, Pedestrian) Test norms come in.

Maruti Suzuki Eeco with new safety features spotted-2016suzukimarutieeconoairbags.jpg

And for that the Eeco will move to the HearTECH platform like most other Marutis. The testing of Suzuki Solio was, as far as I think now, to test the platform for the next gen Eeco, and not the WagonR 7 Seater as we all hoped.

Eeco will be the sub 4 meter MPV,
Ertiga will be the 4.3m MPV,
And an MPV shared with Toyota will take on the likes of Marazzo, Lodgy etc. In the future.
Old 5th April 2019, 07:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
There's nothing to judge here, the body shell is the same that was Crash Tested by Global NCAP in 2016 and found UNSTABLE, these safety additions are just a stop gap arrangement to comply to the safety norms till the stricter Crash (Front Offset, Frontal, Side, Pedestrian) Test norms come in.
I am no fan of Suzuki but the vehicle has to comply to the laws of the land as Mr Bhargava loves to quote from time to time. So, it is not unreasonable to expect that the vehicle would be Crash compliant as per all current norms.

From what I hear from Suzuki sources, they have plans for this vehicle till beyond CAFE norms. That doesn't sound like stop gap thinking.
Old 29th September 2019, 18:03   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Eeco to get BS6-compliant engine

Quote:
Along with structural upgrades to comply with newest crash-test and pedestrian-safety norms, the Eeco will also get a new BS6-compliant version of the 1.2-litre G-Series petrol engine.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th September 2019 at 18:05.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2019, 15:02   #15
BHPian

Maruti Eeco gets structural reinforcements to meet safety norms in India.

Source: Rushlane

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-eeco...27850.html/amp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks