Team-BHP - New Hyundai Getz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Hyundai Getz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20796-new-hyundai-getz.html)

AutocarIndia website talks of the new Getz that would be coming to India. Its more of a facelift Getz. Looks more like an Indica shaped lamps. From the side it still looks like the old Getz

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

May be more than a facelift with the CRDI and the 1.1 petrol into it too..

If the Santro engine does get into the Getz as well, how do they position the Pa, Santro and the Getz? :Frustrati

I did like the car.

So is the Crdi engine going to be the same which was present in the Accent? Any idea guys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevertouchme (Post 361491)
I did like the car.

So is the Crdi engine going to be the same which was present in the Accent? Any idea guys?

yes it going to be the same one

Quote:

I did like the car.

It might not be the same engine as the accent as it makes better sense on the scales of economy to use the newer engines

Hyundai has a few options either using the verna engine without the variable geometry vane turbo (vgvt) or using the 1.1 crdi meant for the Santro ? or the new car (code named Pa)

the 1.1 is good for 75 bp and the 1.5 (minus the vgvt) is good for 87 bhp

regards

Sree

This car will come with a crdi engine, and maybe a petrol 1.2Liter engine.
Right now the swift costs about 20K less after getz discounts, and hyundai hopes to ride the FE bandwagon.
As for the crdi, I suspect they will price it equal to swift diesel, and raise the sales from measly 350 units a month to respectable 3000+ levels.

Quote:

ACI mentioned in a old issue that it will the same 3-cylinder pot as in the Accent CRDI but with the engine tuned for FE. It will have sub 75 hp against the 80+ in Accent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 361560)
As for the crdi, I suspect they will price it equal to swift diesel, and raise the sales from measly 350 units a month to respectable 3000+ levels.

Correct...and with 20-something kmpl that would easily put it in Swift Diesel territory. But we'll wait and see.

I have seen this car last month, and it still doesnt look as eye catching as the Swift. Only earlier (as mentioned in some other thread) I thought it was a mere revision of the headlights, with rest of the car remaining the same.

Auto mags have been talking abt this since a yr back when the restyled Getz was released in Europe. I feel the current Indian Getz is better looking than the restyled version

Actually the getz is the only good looking car in the hyundai stable. Hope it gets better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 361726)
Auto mags have been talking abt this since a yr back when the restyled Getz was released in Europe. I feel the current Indian Getz is better looking than the restyled version

CRDi is always welcome... :Cheering:

Though, i sure hope they do something to the cabin... The texture is tha materials is really poor, making it the worst interior in the class (though good in space)

The front seems quite inspired by the Peugeot 206/207 range. Rest should be interesting to see what happens when they launch the CRDi now that the Swift Diesel is here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sreedotk (Post 361520)
the 1.1 is good for 75 bp and the 1.5 (minus the vgvt) is good for 87 bhp

Verna engine is still not localised, and is brought in... So, rule out the possibility... However, the 1.5 in the accent could find its way into the Getz...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MalluDude (Post 361570)
ACI mentioned in a old issue that it will the same 3-cylinder pot as in the Accent CRDI but with the engine tuned for FE. It will have sub 75 hp against the 80+ in Accent. Correct...and with 20-something kmpl that would easily put it in Swift Diesel territory. But we'll wait and see.

Does the 1.5 qualify for tax cuts??? Pricing could be the most difficult point for the Getz...

And... the Accent 1.5L three sylinder CRDi motor is not the most refined engine out there... Its noisy if you drive with windows down... (Driving without ac is a strict no no.... However, in the accent, the noise is well insulated from the cabin)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 361768)
Does the 1.5 qualify for tax cuts??? Pricing could be the most difficult point for the Getz...

It does - its 1.2 litres for Petrol and 1.5 litres for diesel if I'm not mistaken.

Looks like a good diesel option - the Getz has always been a good hatch and with an engine that returns 18-20 kmpl on a bigger/heavier car (Accent) this one should return even better figures.

I like.

If "everything speculated materialized" then we could have following things:

1. Indica Dicor/JTD
2. Palio 1.3 JTD
3. Punto 1.3/1.9 JTD
4. Gets CRDi
5. Swift 1.3 JTD
6. U-VA 1.3 JTD (I guess GM and FIAT both put money for JTD)

Have you guys noticed that we are going to have ball.... Such a wide range of Diesels in hatch option... Wow... Till 2008 most of the vehicles I said would be running on our roads... Indian market is really getting matured... Every manufacturer will have a run for money... We will at the end taking the benefit :I Rule:... Just a thought...

Cheers
NeoOnWheels
Palio 1.2 Sport