Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2019, 18:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW launches Black & White edition of Polo, Ameo & Vento

Volkswagen has introduced the Black & White edition of the Polo, Ameo and Vento. The special editions are available across select variants and at no additional cost.

VW launches Black & White edition of Polo, Ameo & Vento-volkswagen-black-white-edition-1.jpg

As part of the Black & White package, the cars get a roof edge spoiler, glossy rear spoiler, black painted roof, black ORVMs, body graphics, leatherette seat covers and chrome fender badges. The cars ride on 16-inch Portago alloy wheels.

VW launches Black & White edition of Polo, Ameo & Vento-volkswagen-black-white-edition.jpg

The Polo and Ameo are offered with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 75 BHP and 95 Nm of torque and a 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine with 89 BHP and 109 BHP respectively. The Vento comes with 1.6-litre, 4-cylinder petrol and 1.2-litre, turbocharged petrol engines as well as a 109 BHP 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder diesel unit. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG.

VW launches Black & White edition of Polo, Ameo & Vento-bw-edition.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th April 2019 at 18:21.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 18:52   #2
BHPian

Re: VW launches Black & White edition of Polo, Ameo & Vento

Too bad Vento Highline Plus never gets these editions due to side airbags in front seats, which I believe are only available in stock beige seats. Deep black with those LED headlamps would have been be a looker.
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:34   #3
BHPian

Apart from launching new car and platform they do everything.
aniyo is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:43   #4
BHPian

I'm planning to make tea, oops I ran out of milk. I guess I can go get some from my local VW Dealer. After all they are experts in milking their decade old products.

As a Polo GT TSI owner, I love the car, but it surely is ageing fast now. Yes we called it a timeless design but that was back in 2016. VW, can we have the new Polo? Pretty please?
Starfire is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 21:24   #5
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th April 2019 at 15:46.
H_Dogg72 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th April 2019, 21:36   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Yes we called it a timeless design but that was back in 2016.
If you say that we are being ignored in comparison to other markets, I'll agree.

But if you say 'timeless' and 'back in 2016' in the same breath, how come timeless change with time?

It is VW that still offers the best build quality in the lower segments even though they have cut many corners from where they started. For that reason alone I might still buy from them.
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 01:56   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
But if you say 'timeless' and 'back in 2016' in the same breath, how come timeless change with time?.

It is VW that still offers the best build quality in the lower segments even though they have cut many corners from where they started. For that reason alone I might still buy from them.
Take it with a pinch of salt, Its just a way of saying that the car aged well but nothing is permanent, including gold and the indian Polo sure is no gold as of 2019. Except for the GT's sheer grunt, there's nothing much going for it be it features, space, after sales, 1.0L engine or even the 11.5L price OTR they quote here for the GT badge. As far as safety goes, today we have safer cars for eg: Nexon which scored a full 5 star vs Polo which scored a 4. Agreed VW isn't far behind but really its the overall package that matters to the buyer which other cars offer better as of today.

To be honest, today it is because of this attitude of ours (car is 10 years old, doesn't matter will still buy it) that VW continues to ignore us, simply stop buying the car and VW will be forced to bring the new Polo within the next 6 months. The same reason why Maruti still continues with poor build quality. (Something is bad + people don't mind it = the bad thing continues to sell)

And again this is just my opinion and a completely unbias one since I own the car myself

Last edited by Starfire : 7th April 2019 at 02:12.
Starfire is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 09:48   #8
Senior - BHPian

We had a polo few years ago, apart from getting bored by the same interior, I don't see why VW needs to update the platform! Rear space is an issue no doubt, BUT after experiencing few of its rivals, VW does seem as good as what we get in the current market.

Most of the cars are struggling to get past the 3-star NCAP rating even with the latest platform, build quality is still light years ahead. Its a shame that latest offering from successful car makers can't make this old car look dated
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 11:58   #9
BHPian

Germans in general are not happy with offering changes as soon and frequently as the Global competition. Whether it is their passion to test and really refine their offerings- or it is chutzpah for laziness! Who knows?

Thus the only creativity that they are left with is offering these editions with simple cosmetic changes. It's the German fetish for engineering that still makes these cars so good on the roads.

As far as the new platform is concerned- that will probably change its price because of the size. How does that effect the sales of a brand that's not doing great numbers? But hang on.
If I am Volkswagen and I have an old product that drive train wise is still decent as per this part of the globe. Why should I even bother getting anything new and risk an established supply chain?
Maybe only when everyone else is actually moving light years ahead!
Old 7th April 2019, 14:02   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
We had a polo few years ago, apart from getting bored by the same interior, I don't see why VW needs to update the platform! Rear space is an issue no doubt, BUT after experiencing few of its rivals, VW does seem as good as what we get in the current market.

Most of the cars are struggling to get past the 3-star NCAP rating even with the latest platform, build quality is still light years ahead. Its a shame that latest offering from successful car makers can't make this old car look dated
I could not agree more. Let's look at Vento's competitors -

1. Ciaz - way inferior in build quality, driving dynamics and handling
2. City - way overpriced for what it offers, basic features missing like Android Auto, ESP, TCS, HLA, also inferior in build quality
3. Verna - rear passenger seats are embarrassing for a C2 sedan
4. Yaris - could not get any boring in terms of driving and performance
5. Rapid - well, essentially it is a Vento

Vento has a lot to offer to make it a compelling buy - quick shifting DSG, 5 star NCAP rating, huge glovebox, 4 airbags, great infotainment system, German reliability; and the DQ200 issues seem pretty much sorted out combined with a 4 year warranty.

I don't understand why do we keep on bashing Vento for missing a sunroof and a start/stop button, while there are genuine functional deal breakers in the rest of the segment. Oh, and then the crazy discounts on offer make it a great bargain. But well, to each his own
kubectl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 18:32   #11
BHPian

Quoting myself here.
This comment was made way back in 2016, still felt relevant for VW, talk about milking products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Started reading the post topic, reached "Caught! 2017 Volkswagen Po" and felt "Ohh another update, meh !"

Soon in Indian automobile dictionary, the term "Update" might be replaced with "Polo" and scoops will be like "Caught! 2018 i20, Polo'ed"

Jokes apart, at least they are updating and refreshing their cars to keep up with the market trends, kudos to that
Asish_VK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 19:17   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
Thus the only creativity that they are left with is offering these editions with simple cosmetic changes. It's the German fetish for engineering that still makes these cars so good on the roads.

As far as the new platform is concerned- that will probably change its price because of the size. How does that effect the sales of a brand that's not doing great numbers?
Maybe only when everyone else is actually moving light years ahead!
VW can reduce the size of the bumpers which most manufactures do these days. The international spec Polo is much better than the present polo in India. However, one who goes to purchase a VW, they are actually willing to pay a premium for the car, as is the case with the current Polo and Polo GT.

The current gneration is too old and pricey for what it offers.
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 00:20   #13
BHPian

VW are trying really hard to keep the Polo fresh but its high time we get the new polo here in India. And what’s the deal with downsizing to a 3-cyl 1L engine still baffles me. :(
Old 8th April 2019, 08:27   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
Germans in general are not happy with offering changes as soon and frequently as the Global competition. Whether it is their passion to test and really refine their offerings- or it is chutzpah for laziness! Who knows?
That's not applicable to VW India's situation as the new-generation Polo is already on sale in other markets. Basically, VW India has been strapped for cash ever since their sales dropped (thus becoming low priority for VW Germany) and Dieselgate happened (India became even lesser a priority then).

VW is now so disinterested in India that they've handed over the reins to Skoda!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 11:22   #15
BHPian

They should have launched this on April 1st. People who can't keep track of the number of special editions of the Polo & Vento would have laughed it off as a nice April fool's joke, while people who still want to buy these cars (plenty of good reasons to, BTW) would have gone ahead and bought one anyway!
d3mon is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks