Team-BHP - Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208286-citroen-c5-aircross-launched-india-2021-a-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saikarthik (Post 4991870)
Price Scoop (rumored): My sources say (unofficially) it will be priced around 28 Lakh.

What Citroen wants with the C5 is to first familiarize the Indian crowd and secondly to have the brand perceived as a upmarket vehicle maker, and then when they launch the all new CC21 it will be perceived as a VFM car from a premium vehicle maker.

Let us wait and watch how this pans out.

Is that for top end, or entry level. If they do go with that pricing, it will be head on with jeep S (O) model with 4 X 4, well they will make Jeep look VFM and will probably hardly see much of a sale. S(O) has more features too.

Has there been a mention of a definitive launch date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvurride (Post 4991979)
Has there been a mention of a definitive launch date?

Will make its 'commercial' debut in March 2021.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 5180
Size:  366.2 KB

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-3.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-2.jpg

From the media drive:

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-6.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-4.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-5.jpg

Leaving aside the price, handling, performance. The Car at first glance looks catchy and feels premium and luxurious (at least in the pictures).
The car definitely will have some road presence.

The car looks good, has all the right features and all that's left to reveal is the pricing. I really hope they nail the pricing and start a stellar stint in our domestic market. Unlike most of the recently launched cars, which try to be everything at once but not a master of anything, Citreon is a brand that focuses on one thing and master's it - comfort, which is the most underrated aspect of a car in India. The car has a purpose, and that's what excites me the most. It doesn't have a "GT" line that tries to make a crossover look sporty, et all.

In my opinion, Citreon is a welcome addition to our domestic car market, seeing how 90% of Indian roads are back breaking, we need a car with the magic carpet ride that we preferred before the sporty crossover craze.

Contrary to others, I believe it will be expensive and compete with the Karoq and Tucson lines, starting around 25L. But again, the metrics to judge this car a success or not aren't the same as the Hector or Seltos segment as the sales of that segment is so low, a presence with a halo model to occupy some mindspace among Indian consumers is what Citreon's likely after.

Nice to see another great product entering Indian market, more choice for Indian consumers. But I don’t understand Citroen's strategy … what would the dealer do sitting idle with an empty showroom n workshop, just giving test drives and holding on to unsold inventory? … at 35Lakhs+ the product has to be better than current segment leaders. I guess the nearest competitor to C5 are Jeep Compass, Karoq and Tucson. When the competition is selling in minuscule numbers, what is Citroen expecting to sell by pricing the product further premium? Once the first product bombs, it will be very difficult to gain the traction back, especially for a lesser known brand like Citroen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by landcruiser123 (Post 4991811)
Very interesting rear seats - I've never seen three equally split seats. 40:20:40

The Skoda Yeti had it. That was another brilliant car which didn't sell because it didn't "look like an SUV" to the Great Indian Car Buyer.

Some pictures from the media drive going on in Delhi.

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-b13cf72d8c4e474d9de7f626dbf15c3a.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-038ba79e10fa4b129009c27b7efa0c94.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-f0934802e1a04f15a1a8846785031b70.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-80e251bfe7e84b2e86a0b55fdb1fc1c8.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-b26d3aa1ee18457ebfd7022ba66a7a03.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-cddf47c7968a4567994b7057a2c3007c.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-3550ccc1918049319ca4bba946e4542c.jpeg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-ff4cde7d85dc41e6a455252769046826.jpeg

Embargo ends on the 15th of Feb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 4992092)
The Skoda Yeti had it. That was another brilliant car which didn't sell because it didn't "look like an SUV" to the Great Indian Car Buyer.

Yes the Skoda Yeti had three split seats which were removable. But the middle seat was smaller and not slidable. It could be folded down though to make an armrest. (I had a Skoda Yeti Earlier for 7 years).
The Citroen version is better than that as all three seats are equal size and also slidable and reclinable separately. It is also wider than the Yeti so three abreast should be more comfy. Another big factor for three aside is having a flat floorboard, which the C5 Aircross has.

White and red shade looks delicious.

Looks classy and well designed in that silver colour. A welcome addition to our market. If priced right, can generate some decent numbers.

Good to see the confidence level from Citroen. This is more of a market research product for Citroen and they will wait and see how the market responds to it. One good thing is that they are starting their journey from a premium segment which might give them a premium-brand status among the crowd which is a good thing. Later on, they can come up with products in Creta & Seltos segment maybe.

Launching at a price close to 30 Lakhs will make things difficult for the brand, they should pitch it in around 25 lakhs so that they can target customers from both Harrier/XUV/Compass segment and Tucson/Karoq/CRV. Good luck new boy.

Macpherson Strut and Twist beam axle, just like any other car. The video ad reminds me of the Opel Corsa ad back in the days.

Here is a review from carwow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4ZjKECqZIU

Interiors of the Citroen C5 Aircross from the media drive:

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-4.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-1.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-2.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-3.jpg

And More...

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-14.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-11.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-12.jpg

Citroen C5 Aircross to be launched in India in 2021-13.jpg

Looking at all the pictures and the brochure, this car seems to be so refreshingly different compared to the sea of SUVs we are seeing today.

Seems like Citroen is clear on positioning it as a comfort-oriented car which really stands out on the road too. If the claimed 'magic carpet' ride is true then this will be a great choice for a lot of families. Not everyone needs a corner carver anyway and the power on tap here seems to be good for your monthly highway runs too.

I'm really digging the interiors! Funky yet classy. Look forward to the pricing reveal