Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 16:56   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features

Toyota has updated the Innova Crysta and Fortuner with new features. Prices for the Innova Crysta start at Rs. 14.93 lakh, while those for the Fortuner start from Rs. 27.83 lakh (ex-showroom).

Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features-innova-crysta.png

The Innova Crysta is now available with optional new ivory leather upholstery, perforated leather seats, heat rejection glass, USB fast charging port and embossed "Crysta" badges. These features are only available in the diesel version in V and Z trims. Heat rejection glass and USB fast charging port is also available in the Innova Touring Sport.

Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features-fortuner.jpg

The Fortuner is available with an optional chamois upholstery, perforated seats and heat rejection glass. These features are only offered in the diesel 4X2 AT, 4X4 MT and 4X4 AT variants.

Toyota has not made any mechanical changes to the Innova Crysta or Fortuner. The former is powered by a 2.7-litre, 4-cylinder, petrol engine and gets 2.4-litre and 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine options. The Fortuner comes with a 2.8-litre, 4-cylinder diesel and 2.7-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engines.

Link to Team-BHP news
TusharK is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 21:59   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features

They really should have added some of the missing features in the Innova.

For almost 28 lakhs on road in Bangalore, the Innova does not get auto dimming IRVM, rain sensing wipers and telescopic steering. And this is the top spec ZX model. Rather than changing the seat colour, and embossing "Crysta" insignia why couldn't an auto dimming IRVM be installed?

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for updates and good to see manufacturers adding features rather than deleting (any guesses?). But, this is just half hearted and not a meaningful update.

Don't even get me started on the lower GX variant and the fact that you can't get a ZX automatic with a rear bench (only captain seats).

The worst part was reading the press release that read Toyota launches Improved Innova and Fortuner:

Quote:
“At Toyota, we truly believe in ‘Customer First’ philosophy and listen to our customers’ voice, continuously striving and innovating to make ever better cars and offer the best products and services. In line with the feedback from customers we are happy to incorporate our customer preferences in select grades of the Innova Crysta and the Fortuner in terms of interiors and comfort. With changing lifestyles people are spending more family time on road trips during weekends and thus car interiors and comfort features are emerging to be important parameters among car buyers. We thank our customers for their unrelenting support and trust that these improvements will further enhance and delight our esteemed customers.”
Here's some pics of the new interiors. Am wondering how customers preferred that camel brown in Fortuner over the current shade??

Innova:
Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features-image006.jpg

Fortuner:
Toyota Innova Crysta, Fortuner updated with new features-image007.jpg
Vid6639 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 07:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

So they increased prices moderately earlier this year if I recall from another thread and then added these mostly cosmetic changes. Good way to justify the fat margins and make the car a teeny weeny bit more value for money.

Let me guess, some excess/unused upholstery inventory from Thailand ?
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 09:27   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

The camel tan brown leather on the Fortuner will be a welcome change as the current dark brown leather makes the interiors look smaller.

The Innova ivory will certainly look very premium. However, it’s the hardest color to maintain. I feel white/ivory leather in our dusty environment should be only dared on lifestyle vehicles like sports cars or high end luxury cars that aren’t daily drives and used with special care at all times.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2019, 11:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The camel tan brown leather on the Fortuner will be a welcome change as the current dark brown leather makes the interiors look smaller.

The Innova ivory will certainly look very premium. However, it’s the hardest color to maintain. I feel white/ivory leather in our dusty environment should be only dared on lifestyle vehicles like sports cars or high end luxury cars that aren’t daily drives and used with special care at all times.
Based o my experience I found black color equally hard to maintain as beige/ivory . The dust is actually more visible in black than beige. I don't have experience with white, but I am guessing that will be the hardest one to maintain.
Old 10th April 2019, 16:51   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They really should have added some of the missing features in the Innova.

For almost 28 lakhs on road in Bangalore, the Innova does not get auto dimming IRVM, rain sensing wipers and telescopic steering. And this is the top spec ZX model. Rather than changing the seat colour, and embossing "Crysta" insignia why couldn't an auto dimming IRVM be installed?
The Innova does get telescopic steering as standard. But I agree about the other missing equipment.
On top of my list would be all-wheel disc brakes. I can just imagine the profit margins on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Let me guess, some excess/unused upholstery inventory from Thailand ?
Yes, that was my guess at first too. IMHO the better thing for Toyota to do would be to launch an Innova “special edition” with this upholstery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

The upholstery deserves one word IMHO. It’s terrible! Who has thought of such a colour?
And I wonder why is this required. The ZX variant’s interiors look premium enough with the brown leather. Just my thoughts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks