Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2019, 18:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Service Connect app launched

Tata Motors has launched its official service app called Tata Motors Service Connect (TMSC) for its passenger vehicle customers. It is available for Android and iOS platforms.

Tata Motors Service Connect app launched-image001.jpg

The app provides information about chassis, warranty, AMC and insurance benefits. It also has an organizer that can store scanned copies of important vehicle documents. It provides notifications about the new offers, service camps and products as well.

The app provides basic information about the vehicle as well as troubleshooting and maintenance tips. Using the new service app, Tata owners can set reminders to book a service, PUC, insurance renewal, battery and tyre replacement. The app can be used to raise grievances and provide feedback.

The app has information on locations of Tata Motors' service stations. If a vehicle breaks down, its location can be shared with the call centre through the app. The app can also save GPS location of the vehicle in order to help locate it in a crowded parking lot. It can track traffic conditions as well.

Using the app, customers can book the next service appointment and also view the service history. The app displays service expenditure in graphical and tabular form and also has an in-built service cost calculator.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 21:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Motors Service Connect app launched

I have been using the TMSC app since December 2017, when i purchased the Tigor, so not sure whats the new launch about.
DCEite is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 21:46   #3
BHPian

What exactly is the 'launch' about? TSMC app has been around since 2016 at least!
I have tracked 3 of my Tata vehicles on it. Even shared the login and the buyer of my Manza could follow the detailed service record on it. So what's new?
Dr.Suraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 23:09   #4

Exactly. I don't see what's so special about this launch. Have been using for some time now. I thought the app has gone through some major redesign or something when I looked at the post and it's timestamp. I don't see what's so special here as it's a old app.
isaumya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 07:56   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys! We just got a press release from Tata on this yesterday. Also searched the forum and saw that we don't have a dedicated thread for this app, so can let it stay.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 08:36   #6
BHPian

No offence to T-BHP, but this is the first time I am seeing a 'new launch' article for a product which was launched 3 years ago, on 5 April 2016.
The app has been very useful to me during my Nano and Nexon ownership.

Again, this could be attributed to lazy marketing team at Tata Motors.
Don't know why they felt need of sending out a press release so late and that too a confusing one.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 08:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for putting up this thread!

In typical Tata style, I guess, no one bothered to tell me about this App when I got my Nexon last year. Till date across 2 services and 2 minor accident repairs I haven't been informed about the existence of this App.

At least, thanks to this thread, now I know.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks guys! We just got a press release from Tata on this yesterday. Also searched the forum and saw that we don't have a dedicated thread for this app, so can let it stay.
Typically Tata! They had something before Honda and the other guys. But now with MG and Hyundai Venue coming with 'connected' features they are probably trying to make sure customers don't feel left out. Hence, maybe, making some noise.
I see no difference in the app of late. It's working just as well as it used to earlier. In 2016, the TMSC app used to suffer from OTP issues. And in 2017, the online service booking would not yield the desired result. No such issues in 2019 at least. A service booked from the app, fetches you a call from the service centre within 24 hours for the appointment confirmation. Reasonably detailed service history available, with job card number, invoice etc. The parts cost calculator works well too.
But... And since it's Tata, there is a but... It took them some time to perfect it. Almost a year. Going by that, and the software issues on the Harrier, it's only logical that they test their 'connected' car app thoroughly and rigorously before launching. You really wouldn't want a car with an app, where you asked it to start the AC and well, it didn't ! Or worse, it started the heater instead.

Glad to have this dedicated thread on TeamBHP!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Typically Tata! They had something before Honda and the other guys. But now with MG and Hyundai Venue coming with 'connected' features they are probably trying to make sure customers don't feel left out. Hence, maybe, making some noise.
Mahindra has had its "With You Hamesha" app for a long time now - 5+ years on the Apple App Store. That gives me -

1. Service booking, service history, next service tracking and downloadable invoices for past services

2. Cost of service

3. Add or renew extended warranty, roadside assistance etc

4. Customer service live chat

5. SOS option to track your location and request roadside assistance for a list of specified reasons (dead battery, accident etc)

6. For specific newer models though not my Scorpio - relationship manager video connect (and they have a Blue Sense app for the new gen XUV that does much more)

7. You can book Mahindra vehicles

8. Cross selling of other Mahindra apps and services (Live Young Live Free, Mahindra Holidays ..)
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 09:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

I know what's new. IOS users can actually use the app now!
When we purchased the Nexon I downloaded this but was not able to finish the registration process as it just did not allow me to move forward, beyond a point. Tried a few more times and gave up. My friends had no issue with their Android phones. Now, after reading this post I tried again and hallelujah, the gates opened. Registration, done in a snap! So I'm guessing that it's truly IOS friendly this time around.

Logging in details was easy. But wait...I spoke too soon I guess, as it's not moving beyond Vehicle Details/Vehicle Registration. Can't move to the next step, i.e. Chassis Number, at all. So no, I'm unable to use this app this time around as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors Service Connect app launched-img_4581.png  

Last edited by Sebring : 15th May 2019 at 09:59.
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 10:33   #11
BHPian

I have been using this app from 2016 for my Nano and now Nexon. Tata was promoting this app on every service feedback call. The service booking is not very useful as the service center don't usually know/care about the bookings through app. This app is useful for tracking the service history, expenses and the cost of spares. Also they have a section for accessing user manuals. I have been going through the Nexon manual even before my purchase 😋.
knaveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 11:05   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Thanks for putting up this thread!

I haven't been informed about the existence of this App.

At least, thanks to this thread, now I know.
Glad it helped someone . Here's the full press release that was received yesterday:

Quote:
Strengthening digital services to create a strong brand connect

Tata Motors has launched its official service app, Tata Motors Service Connect (TMSC), for its passenger vehicle customers to meet their aftermarket needs. This app is easy to operate and users can view multiple features on the home screen including live notifications, weather in the city and other important features.

Registered customers can view all important information like chassis, warranty/AMC and insurance benefits in a single page. It acts as an organizer and offers the provision to keep scanned copies of important documents of the vehicle handy. Through this app, a customer will get notifications on the latest news, offers, schemes, service camps, new products etc.

Reminder and Grievances
• Set vehicle specific reminders in the app to send notifications on important activities like book a service, PUC and insurance renewal, replacement of batteries and tyres etc.
• Get basic maintenance tips for a Tata vehicle through this app.
• Information on basic trouble shooting and maintenance for the upkeep of a vehicle now on fingertips.
• Raise grievances, provide feedback on generic services or on post service repairs on this app.

Tracking
• Provides all information on locations of Tata Motors’ wide service dealer network.
• If a customer is stuck due to a breakdown, the location can be shared with the call center to help them prepare a service team for rapid assistance.
• This app helps a user to save the GPS location of a vehicle in a crowded parking. The customer can use the facility to further locate themselves with respect to their parked vehicle.
• Tracking the traffic conditions is another important feature which helps customers in their daily commute.
Vehicle service and financial expenditures:
• Conveniently book the next scheduled service, with just a click. T
• Information on the booked history through this app is also made available in a single page for the customer to track the service need of his/her vehicle.
• One can set a reminder for the booking of the next service of their vehicle.
• In the booking archives, one can view the detailed service history (Labour/Parts replaced) which helps in planning the next service better.
• Tracking the financial spends on service is an important aspect that most car buyers calculate manually before and after putting their cars through service. This app comes to the rescue of such customers as they can see the graphical and tabular view of year-wise service expenditure in the app. Another important feature this app offers is the service cost calculator which can be used to get an estimate of the next scheduled service.

So far the app has been downloaded by over 2.5 lakh customers (Android+IOS) and has received an Android rating of 3.9/5. This app is backed by a robust service infrastructure that has helped Tata Motors secure the second spot in the JD Power CSI study for two consecutive years.

Well-trained, quality technicians, genuine spare parts and standard repair processes help in ensuring that a vehicle is maintained in the best possible way at Tata Motors Authorized Workshop.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 11:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I know what's new. IOS users can actually use the app now!
When we purchased the Nexon I downloaded this but was not able to finish the registration process as it just did not allow me to move forward, beyond a point.
When i got my Nexon, i could'nt complete the registration until the first service is complete. Is that the case with you as well?. BTW i use the android version.
Old 15th May 2019, 11:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nexon has completed 4 Services, so nothing to do with that. There is a glitch in this App, and I'm going to let Tata Motors know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaveen View Post
When i got my Nexon, i could'nt complete the registration until the first service is complete. Is that the case with you as well?. BTW i use the android version.
Old 15th May 2019, 12:18   #15
BHPian

I had been using the app for quite some time to track the service and other details of our Tata Indigo and Hexa, but forgot the password after I changed phones and tried resetting it a few times but never got the password reset link in my inbox. After some time, I just uninstalled it.

The idea is very good - it gives a lot of useful info, but the execution - in typical Tata style - not so much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks