Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2019, 16:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki opens 400th Arena showroom

Maruti Suzuki has opened its 400th Arena showroom in India. The company's Arena retail chain has now spread to 278 cities and towns in India.

Maruti Suzuki opens 400th Arena showroom-dynamic-youthful-trendy-maruti-suzuki-arena-network-now-400-strong.jpg

Maruti Suzuki has three retail channels - Arena, Nexa and Commercial. All three channels combined, Maruti now has a network of 2,940 showrooms spread across 1,860 towns and cities in India.

The company sells models like the Alto, Alto K10, WagonR, Celerio, CelerioX, Swift, Dzire, Brezza, Ertiga and Eeco through its Arena dealerships. The S-Cross, Ciaz, Baleno and Ignis are sold through Nexa dealerships. The Super Carry LCV and Eeco Cargo are the only products sold through the brand's Commercial channel.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 16:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki opens 400th Arena showroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Maruti Suzuki has opened its 400th Arena showroom in India. The company's Arena retail chain has now spread to 278 cities and towns in India. All three channels combined, Maruti now has a network of 2,940 showrooms spread across 1,860 towns and cities in India
If the 'arena' thing sells most of the popular models, shouldn't those have the highest number of showrooms. Yet only 400 out of 2940 are arena?

Similarly, shouldn't those models sell more in smaller towns and cities? Yet again, the arena thing is only in 278 out of 1860 places?

Either something doesn't add up or more probably, I think I'm missing something here.
am1m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 17:13   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
If the 'arena' thing sells most of the popular models, shouldn't those have the highest number of showrooms. Yet only 400 out of 2940 are arena?

Similarly, shouldn't those models sell more in smaller towns and cities? Yet again, the arena thing is only in 278 out of 1860 places?

Either something doesn't add up or more probably, I think I'm missing something here.
All old showrooms will eventually be converted to Arena outlets. All the new dealerships which are coming up, are already Arena.

The article probably means 400 showrooms are Arena "certified".

For example, in my city there were 2 dealerships with 2 showrooms each. When the third dealership came up, it was Arena from day 1. Out of the remaining 4 old outlets, one was converted to Arena some months back.

The old showroom:

Maruti Suzuki opens 400th Arena showroom-workshop1.jpg

Which was eventually converted to Arena design:

Maruti Suzuki opens 400th Arena showroom-images-5.jpeg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 08:31   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Good thing Maruti got these Arenas earlier. In today's challenging market, I don't think any existing dealer is in the mood to spent $$$ on renovating his showroom. With declining sales & record-high inventory levels, they have far bigger fires to fight.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks